Universal Starific - Endless Arcade Reactor! (By Beveled Edge Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BeveledEdge, Nov 3, 2015.

1. BeveledEdge

BeveledEdge Active Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Thanks H4nd0fg0d! :)

2. BeveledEdge

Jun 16, 2015
    Wanted to let everyone know a couple things are in the works!

Everyplay is coming soon (after the next update). And music streaming. Which means the file size is going down 70% and the soundtrack went from big to infinite :)

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Nice question though for those of us that would prefer to not stream and have the music will we have that option? File size isn't an issue for me. 4g lte data is. It's metered. I don't have unlimited. Or can we just turn off the streaming when we go off of wifi?

Billy

4. BeveledEdge

Jun 16, 2015
    That's a great point Billy.

I think what we could do is cache the songs for a certain duration. So you don't have to redownload them. Also thanks to compression the files should be relatively small (smaller than if included in the app). Downloading 1 hour of music (no repeats) would be about 40mb then. Which is smaller than a 3 minute youtube video.

I can try to estimate the average hourly bandwidth usage after it's all working. I don't think it'll be high though, adverts are also streamed this way!

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    That sounds great. My step children are always always always going over the data limits so it's always an issue. Lol

Last month I have no idea how but my 17 yo step daughter sent 11,000 texts alone. That's not even iMessage. 11k texts

Billy

6. BeveledEdge

Jun 16, 2015
    Wow that's mighty impressive :)

7. BeveledEdge

Jun 16, 2015
    New icon out today. Apple is pretty slow to review so all the cool stuff (including Everyplay) has to wait until next week!

Also I have an idea on how to use the duplicate prizes. What if you could buy consumable perks with them? e.g. x2 Stars - costs $100 + 2 skins.

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #28 vectorarchitekt, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    Discovered this today.
    Really good game. I am just starting to get the hang of the controls.

Also it would be nice to have your paused game saved if you leave the app or put your phone in sleep mode.

9. BeveledEdge

Jun 16, 2015
    Hi vectorarchiteckt, we'd love to do that. It's on the list!

10. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Also, would it be possible to add a control option where ou can just slide/swipe left and right to move the paddle?

11. BeveledEdge

Jun 16, 2015
    #31 BeveledEdge, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Yes it would be :) It's in the next update. The "Line" control style. Apple takes a week to approve updates so it won't be out until next week.

It still moves relative the joystick, but like the Fixed Center style you can change the center by tapping and holding.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvbYuHPOAwI&feature=youtu.be

12. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    TA won't let me attach a file anymore..
    .I received a note after a game that said "fatal error in action number 1 after draw event for object obj_gameover: second index out of bounds request 0,9 maximum size is 1" surrounded by a bunch of # symbols. Then the app quit.

That's not normal right?

13. BeveledEdge

Jun 16, 2015
    Nope! But big thank you for reporting it. We fixed it in the next update :)

14. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013

15. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Really good game. Chaotic yet controlled. There are almost too many options--grid size, difficulty, game modes, themes, control style. And somehow it's free, with only ads that you can choose to watch for in-game $. Highly recommended.

I did have a question about Game Center--how does one become ranked for Arcade Mode? I've played the small and medium grids on Easy and Normal difficulty but don't seem to be ranked on the overall leaderboard. Do you have to unlock and play all the grid sizes? Thanks in advance for any info and keep up the terrific work, Beveled Edge.

16. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    The nothing slots on the prize wheel are really starting to piss me off lol. I get them a lot, and it's always a pinpoint away from a theme :(

I'd love to have the secondary option to pay to unlock some of you wanted.

17. BeveledEdge

Jun 16, 2015
    Hi Guise, I'm glad you're liking it! For GameCenter it should work normally. I tried it just now on a fresh install and it worked. Apple's been having backend issues all week so it's possible there's a delay from when the score was submitted and it's added to the database. Let me know if it doesn't show up later or if it keeps not working. Also it's worth confirming that GameCenter works on other games - let me know if it's just Starific.

vectorarchitekt, I agree. Right now we're tracking all the empty and duplicate prizes you win and we want to use them somehow in a future update :). Allowing a way to purchase themes is something we've thought about as well as a cash doubler IAP. The latter might happen when we add a big content update.

18. BeveledEdge

Jun 16, 2015
    Update out! Everyplay is pretty awesome, give it a try if you haven't (pause->camera->record) :)

19. BeveledEdge

Jun 16, 2015