Starfront Collision Online Strategies and Meet-Ups

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Epox, Feb 17, 2011.

1. hithere

hithere Member

Apr 4, 2011
    #161 hithere, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    I just won a 39min long 4v4 FFA (in Underground Reactor) and took out all 3 opponents myself. :D That's a first.

People are really defensive in FFA and I took advantage of that (although perhaps unknowingly). I was looking at the replay and all 3 of them were building a ridiculous number of turrets around their bases. Meanwhile, playing as Myriad, I tried to get my air units up and running as fast as possible. Then when I had an army of Bankites and Dreadsnounts, the other players had no chance. You guys are right, the Bankite kamikaze special is indeed ridiculously powerful. Took out 2 of the 3 players' bases with the Bankites. Even the spam of turrets in the opponents' bases didn't help.

The only reason the game lasted 39 mins was because the last guy was super resilient and over turreted (if that's a word). Even without a base, he was battling on to death, using whatever units he could produce.

@Doomedo (or anyone else): Turret rush can be defendable, as you said. But how about Warden Guardian rush? if anyone got a video of his/her or someone else's gameplay (other than the one i posted a few posts ago) demonstrating how to defend Guardian rushes, it would be awesome. In 1v1, I live in fear of Guardian rushes.. lol

2. Doomedo

Doomedo Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    Gaurdian rush isn't that hard to defend with. You just need some micro.

as any race just go two mines. Make a turret as soon as you can. Fill up both mines.

Always have one drone free (so not mining or anything) so you can be prepared if they come. If they do come, then they'll probably attack your turret, so let your worker heal that as they attack it, micro the worker away if thy attack it around the turret so the guardian would have to chase it around the turret and get hit some more

From this point you can continue producing workers. I'd get one more tower or so more and then get a garrison/lower notch to produce units. Then either get one more turret if you need to cover more of your base, or get an energy soon. Then you're set from there. Grab another garrison/notch and you can produce fast to push back since their economysucks.

3. zippyone33

zippyone33 Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Campaign wardens unfriendly neighbors achievements

Anyone successfully completed this achievement? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    dc

4. hithere

hithere Member

Apr 4, 2011
    @zippyone33 I've finished it. You can destroy enemy turrets but not a single enemy unit. I think you won't have a problem reaching the Eschaton (sp?). It's after that, that gets tricky. I played this a long time ago so I don't remember properly but i remember right after u get that Eschaton, u have to hit a switch guarded by enemy units/turret. Sacrifice a Deviant unit for that. Fly over the switch and change to ground mode to activate the gate. Then the next tricky part are the 2 stealth detecting Aegis in the area. The first one is a stationary one blocking your way. you have to draw its fire with another Deviant while your stealth unit slips past it. For the next Aegis, I think there's a pattern the way it moves, just study it and you can prevent your stealth unit being detected as it heads for the final switch.
    Eliminate turrets in the stealth unit's way beforehand with the Echaton.

I've completed all achievements except that freaking "collect all crates" thing. I've collected 91 out of 92 crates and I don't know which level the last crate is in.

5. mybbor

mybbor New Member

I am so hooked to StarFront! The touchscreen is such a fun interface for a RTS game, it makes me feel like some kind of badass commander. I decided to start a little website to post up videos and strats. I hope you guys will check it out! StarFront Collision Strategies Forum