Starfront Collision Online Strategies and Meet-Ups

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Epox, Feb 17, 2011.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #121 backtothis, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
    Excellent words there my friend. Are you up for a game sometime? Add me on GL Live man: Backtothis. It'd be a pleasure to catch a game with you.

A guardian rush can indeed be stopped if you brace yourself for it and have some sense of unit control and a reasonable mind that is willing to learn from previous experiences. A clever tower + a worker can easily hold off a Warden rush. People need to take into account just how costly guardians are despite their strength. If you cut down his first guardian when he tries to rush with your with your turret, you've already crippled him by 120 minerals. Not only that, you just crippled him for the entire game if you can survive a few more guardians. It's going to be hard road to transition out of a pure guardian rush so you've pretty much won if you can survive the first few minutes of the game. Definitely learn the counters. If you're facing Warden with the Myriad, don't make any basic units lol..they'll get slaughtered to hell before you put a scratch on a guardian. In my opinion, the Consortium race takes the most skill to play. You'd make a similar start by turreting up. Then you'll want to mass a few marines. A few marines mixed with a tower and a worker can honestly hold off any kind of rush no matter who you're facing if you know how to manage yourself wisely. There's actually quite a bit of micro that you can do with them. I'd start off by making a tower somewhere that can guard both the hq and the mine, at the chokepoint if it's a map where there's only one way into your base. You'll want to build a infantry building right next to it right away so that they're literally right next to each other. Rally marines behind these two buildings, and you've effectively made yourself a wall from where you can shoot behind. When you see the guardians rolling in, let's just say you won't be seeing them for long once you know what you're doing. Grab a power plant as your second resource instead of another mine, and build some damn strikers while also upgrading the amount of workers your starting mine can hold. Play defense until you have a sizable army of strikers with attack upgraded and see if a guardian can even touch you even if he's at pop cap with them.

2. Mmauser

Mmauser New Member

Feb 26, 2011
    P.s. Same screen name on GL feel free to add me there or game center for some pick-up games

3. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Alright man, how about a game on SF in 30 minutes or so?

4. cabal1337

cabal1337 New Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Hey guys lets play some 2vs2 sometimes, i would like to try that out with skilled players ;)

5. zippyone33

zippyone33 Member

Dec 14, 2010
    crash

Anyone else have problems w starfront and it asking for apple id? I was in the middle of a ranked game and was asked for my password. Starfront crashed and won't open anymore. If I signout of iTunes I can Play the demo still,but when I try to go to the purchase screen it says I've purchased already and then crashes again. Anyone else have this problem? Others on gameloft forums same thing, company has no fix right now. Hit me back. I love this game and am bummed it's over for me temporarily.

Thanks

6. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Add me on GL Live. Invite me when you're on, and we can get a good game going hahah.

7. Naorioto

Naorioto Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Hey backtothis,would you like some game now,i'll try my best :)

8. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Be on at about 5:30 CT; right now it's 4:53. I'll play you myriad vs myriad :]..

9. Naorioto

Naorioto Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    I would like to tyo to counter your rush,so if you can switch between wardens and myryad,it would be perfect,i'll be here,you'll create?

10. Mmauser

Mmauser New Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Sorry man I went to bed shortly after I read your post because of my work I'm usually not up too late at night, I'll catch up with you sometime if you want to play

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Haha alright man, just show me a pm sometime.

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Well, I'm not sure there's cheating the game yet like hacking resources and stuff. What I'm talking about are the leaderboards. Check out the rank points of first and second place. They just made those accounts today. They already have 2400+ ratings, which would normally take a week or more to get if you won every single game you played. Here's how they did. It's friends named Korean_1 and Korean 2. They continuously join games with each other. As soon as the game starts, one of them will close the app completely (from the multitasking bar as well), giving the other account the win. Why does this work? I'll tell you. If you close the app completely before you lose a game, you don't lose the points. I've always wondered why Happ_King and other players always "lagged out" before I was about to win. No, it turns out that they've been cheating the system the whole time. That's also why Happ_King hasn't gotten one lose since days ago. Alright, so back to those two guys. They continue this cycle, alternating wins. This boosts the winning accounts rank points, but the loser doesn't lose any points. So. how did he gain nearly 1000 rank points in just a few hours? He alternated the above process between the two accounts, letting one win and then letting the other account win. This way, the two account's rank points can be kept similar, allowing high rank growth after each "win." It could also possibly be one person with two iPods. Although I've told all of now how to not lose any games, I really hope you won't use this method in ranked games. But yeah, I'm done with ranked games for now. These players are such trash.

13. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Wow.....screw those cheaters......I hate them.

14. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    there is hackers in the game too.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    What do they do?

16. Trizz420

Trizz420 Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Im loving this game online, doin ok my ratio could be better but i had a lot of losses in the learning process. Right now i think im like 676 on the boards and would love to play w some peoples together. Whats with no in game chat??? Have to send messages thru gl and takes way too long. Im waiting formthe hd version real bad but still love this game. Add me on gl, same name as here. Im also new to the forums as my main reason to come here was starfront and i see no official or even dedicated fansites for it :(.

17. ludlow

ludlow New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    I am tired of warden rush!!! I like to play as myriad, but I have never really played an RTS before, and I have little understanding of basic strategy.

What do you mean tower into venom spitters? Just mass spitters around my base?
    What are some basic things that beginners should know? Once the game gets started, I start building up my macro, but I don't really know what I should produce. Should I be sending in a lot of scouts to see what my opponent has at all times so I can produce a counter unit?

18. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    are there still many people playing this game online? planing to get it if there are still a lot of players

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    More than ever after that sale last week. Online is always buzzing.

20. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    cool thanks! picking it up now