Universal Stardew Valley (by ConcernedApe / Chucklefish)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 23, 2018.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Kind of a dumb question but I got this a while back and finally getting back to it. So I have 23 of the 28 people you are supposed to meet at the beginning of the game covered but am having trouble finding the 5 remaining. Is there any easy way to figure out who you haven’t met?

2. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    Don’t update— Stardew is currently unplayable. The grid no longer aligns to the world properly and planting seeds and such no longer works.

davidovich and ColeDaddy like this.
  3. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Stardew Valley forums and Reddit have exploded with posts all day long about this issue. No response from The Secret Police or Chucklefish regarding the matter.

Baron Cappuccino likes this.
  4. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I am basically losing patience with the game. I really want to like the game even though the progress is slow and the quests don't drive you too much and leaves you confused about what to do next.

First it was the controls, with the joystick ones even worse. Now that I got used to the tap controls and auto-attack, they pretty much break the game and make it unplayable.

Like mentioned above, the grid is all messed up. And adding to that, there's a crash issue with 100% repro if you are fishing and you actually catch a fish. (As in, its a "HIT") To make things worse, you lose any progression made during that particular day. (And I mean in-game day)

Still can't believe I spent the amount I did on this game. As I was hoping and waiting one day it'll come to mobile. But by seeing it's implementation on mobile, just made me realize how important polish and testing a game is before it's release. (Or any of its updates)

ColeDaddy and Baron Cappuccino like this.
  5. Baron Cappuccino

Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Plainfield, CT
    I was the opposite of many in that I bought mobile first and loved it, then got it on Steam. I actually prefer the iPhone tap controls with the context sensitive tool changes over the original pc control scheme. I hope iOS proves to be enough of a success to get up to full parity with PC update-wise, but this rocky start has me worried they’ll just throw in the towel.

davidovich likes this.
  6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    well, they've just pulled it from the store... hope for a good fix this time!

Baron Cappuccino likes this.
  7. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Or maybe they pulled the plug on this one. (Really hope not)

8. Baron Cappuccino

Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Plainfield, CT
  9. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Update 1.14 is out. All the issues with NPC's, fishing, and planting have been fixed. Thank you Secret Police!

10. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Glad I was wrong about it. Back to business as usual.

Gwarmaxx and davidovich like this.
  11. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Does anyone else have issues using a the joystick controls? I'm playing on an ipad and they really don't seem to work very well, the buttons don't seem to be where they should be and random stuff just gets triggered

12. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Yup. The joystick controls have been messed up ever since they released it. They tried to tweak them a bit but it didn't improve much.

Personally, I am sticking to the tap + auto attack controls. I know it ain't perfect, but I feel its better than the rest.

13. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    love the new update with pinch to zoom system!

but i have an issue: in the first 1.18 version, from a couple of days ago, any save works fine (in fact i've reinstalled that one), while the latest 1.19 version crashes on every save loading... anyone getting the same problem?

14. wtphug

wtphug Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Exact same issue here on iPad 5th gen. Crashes every single time I try to open my saved game. Wish I’d seen your post before I downloaded the second update.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  15. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Can confirm game is crashing on loading saves after latest update. Latest iOS release. iPhone 8.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  16. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #176 Gwarmaxx, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    if you have downloaded the previous working version (1.18) on you computer and still have the ipa file, you can roll back to that version installing it with iFunbox (without delete the actual one, so without lose your progress).

there's a new version available (1.20), but sadly not even this works fine.

17. wtphug

wtphug Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Version 1.20 fixed the crashing issue for me. I’ve only played one in-game day, but so far I haven’t encountered any other problems.

18. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Do you have to create a new game with the new update? Cause I just updated and none of the new stuff seems to be showing up in my saved game

19. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    but it still isn't the 1.4 version.

20. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Did you even read the change log for this update 1.3.7?

Attached Files: