Universal Stardew Valley (by ConcernedApe / Chucklefish)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 23, 2018.

1. crazychimp

crazychimp Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    The latest update seems to have messed with the layout on the iPhone X. Entering the in game menu stretches everything. The cross to close the menu is only just visible and the notch gets in the way. Anyone else seen this?

2. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Yup. Even I saw the same thing on my iPhone X.

Moreover, the new control schemes don't seem to be any good. The movement joystick is fine but the tapping is messed up.

Also, if you try to manually scale their size and re-position them, the scaling change saves but the re-position never does. They stay in their same position. Only positive I see from this update (at least as of now) is the auto-save feature. Kinda handy.

For now, I am sticking to the default control scheme.

3. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #143 Nekku, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Yeah but there is an option to adjust the in-game window boxes.

About the controls. I use joystick+2 buttons but instead of using the option to re positioning/resizing some invisible buttons, I‘ve used the one where the right side of the screen is split up into half so you have two buttons covering the whole right of the screen. Works flawlessly.

ramzarules likes this.
  4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    This is what i ended up with as well until a fix
    Of course, the upgraded water cans etc still dont work with multiple areas if you hold down the button.

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Even with the second control/fishing patch overnight, this version is still way buggy for me on my X.

I don't feel like the A/B buttons are responding at all and if I keep the rod equipped I'll cast at a non water object instead of intelligent interaction.

And after both updates I'll eventually get this bizarre grid overlay on the entire screen that makes it even more unplayable.

Using the reply composition box on this website forum on my phone is also, quite ironically, buggy as hell. )

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    ah great, now the game froze at 12 after a full day entering the salloon. I think i will wait about a week for everything to be ironed out because i lost the whole day.

7. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    Had an odd bug where my animals would stay outside , refusing to go back into the Barn/Coop

Fixed it by turning off Autosave , going to Robin and subtly moving the buildings around then finishing out the day. At day break my animals are no longer grumpy with me and are now producing milk/eggs/wool

8. bruab

bruab Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    v1.05 update is out now. Looks like more control updates and fishing tweaks.

9. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Ugh...just encountered a bug where I go to bed on the last day of winter and the first day of spring never loads... anyone else? This is year 2 going into year 3 I like being able to auto save and close the game whenever but this update is pretty buggy I’ve had several crashes before this

10. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Not getting any vibration when fishing anymore. Also, wasn’t the fishing pole on the left side originally? I’m right-handed fishing and it feels awkward now.

11. vivafringe

vivafringe Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    #151 vivafringe, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    Has anyone made any progress in Skull Cavern with the default auto attack control scheme? I despise virtual buttons and joysticks so I don’t want to faff around with that. However, it just seems inevitable that you die to serpents unless you bring lots of food. And even then 2 serpents might kill you anyway.

If anyone has made it to 100 I am curious about their strategy for doing it. For now I'm planning on just brute forcing it with level 10 combat, damage mitigation rings and a million pumpkin soups, but there probably is a tactic I'm missing to avoid damage in the first place.

12. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    I haven't made it past 30 in the caverns (lvl 9 combat). I'm also in Winter which has poo-poo'd my food resources (working on Sashimi now hopefully). Auto attacks face stupid directions. That first patch screwed the auto attack by so much. It was at least doable then.

Congrats on 1 million dollars though SDV. Just.. patch the game to make it as good as it can be.

13. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Let's just look at some really nice farms for a minute. :)
    https://www.pcgamer.com/lets-all-de-stress-for-a-minute-by-looking-at-beautiful-stardew-valley-farms/

[​IMG]
    Tete Ppani's Kingdom Farm via upload.farm

[​IMG]
    Chyper's Salad farm via Reddit

[​IMG]
    Foolish Walrus farm via Stardew Planner

[​IMG]
    soundnew's Habersham farm via Reddit

[​IMG]
    Wicked Bulldog farm via Stardew Planner

[​IMG]
    Ben's Sigma Farm via upload.farm

[​IMG]
    Dry Monkey farm via Stardew Planner

[​IMG]
    Rorrik's Cattiakin Farm via upload.farm

[​IMG]
    Desi's Harvest Moon Farm via upload.farm

[​IMG]
    Canaria's Hayleen Farm via upload.farm

[​IMG]
    Nico's Steel Reserve Farm via upload.farm

[​IMG]
    Ball's Ball Farm via upload.farm

[​IMG]
    Evil Impala farm via Stardew Planner

L.Lawliet likes this.
  14. vivafringe

vivafringe Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    As suspected the desert dungeon becomes doable at level 9-10 with lots of Pumpkin Soup (or some other food that buffs defense). You can also reduce your chances of taking damage by having the fish collide with you from the top or the right rather than from the bottom or the left. Also, moving away from the serpent as it comes to you seems to help reduce damage as well.

The main obstacle for getting to 100 is just the time taken, which I'm guessing is a challenge in the PC as well. I'm upgrading pickaxe to Iridium and will bring bombs and lots of stone to make staircases. Hopefully that does the trick.

15. Googgi78

Googgi78 Active Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Will iCloud saves ever be supported? I go back and forth from my iPhone and iPad frequently and don’t want to start playing until this feature is added. It is in pretty much have game these days so not sure why it wasn’t from the get go here.

16. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    its not on their priority list but the game does fully support apples 'files' app. launch the game on both devices, start new game on both (this creates the save file folders for the game). then just go in to the files app, move the save from device to cloud. then on other device move from cloud to device. can do this as often as it suits you.

its no auto icloud, but its something :) honestly i wish more developers supported the files app for saves. i like cloud save, when it works properly. but when improperly implemented, its a train wreck.

17. davidovich

Sep 26, 2008
    I tried this several times and it hasn’t worked. I’ve got a perfect save in the cloud in the files app that I tried to move to “on my phone” from my old iPhone 8 to my iPhone XR and it sees the file when I open the game on the XR but reverts back to the main menu every time I load it. I’ve even tried transferring using iTunes and won’t work. I even restored my phone to factory settings and tried loading and the same thing happens. I sold my iPhone 8 and only have the XR now and wish I could use the old save from that phone. Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? I don’t mind starting over from scratch AGAIN, lol but I have the trident weapon on my old save and would love to have that back. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

18. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I created a video showing you how it's done, hope it helps:

Taeles likes this.
  19. bruab

bruab Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    I move back and forth all the time. XS Max to iPad Pro 12.9" using the Files app. Gotta copy the whole folder.

20. davidovich

Sep 26, 2008
    Thanks peter321 and braub. I must have a corrupted file or perhaps the original file being from an iPhone 8 and moving to the XR has caused an issue. Still doesn’t work but thanks for the replies