Universal Stardew Valley (by ConcernedApe / Chucklefish)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 23, 2018.

1. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    got DAMN thank you. That's my issue exactly. I get that touch to move works, but not when its blocking the damn view of the ACTUAL game...... could you imagine PC users if they had to put their hands into the viewing area of their favorite game? Like playing WoW... "brb, cant target you to heal cuz my fat sausage fingers are all up in the way"

Im sure the dev will get it lined out...but daggum.....I want dat joystiq

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Yeah I’m still holding out for the joystick controls and once that is confirmed I’m buying ASAP. I would anyways but I can’t stand crashlands and view it as a total waste of money since I can’t stand the Controls and I don’t want to buy this and feel the same way only for them to never change it. I feel in this case they will add virtual controls though but I have it on PC so I am in no hurry. But the minute they add the virtual controls they have a new buyer

3. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
  4. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    New Update Out!

1.03 (30 October 2018)
    • (Fixed) Pantry bundle will sometimes not open when tapped
    • (Fixed) iPhone XR resolution problem
    • (Fixed) Spring onion event incorrectly positioned
    • (Fixed) Removing magnetic ring causes difficulty collecting items
    • (Fixed) Crashing inside mines
    • Can now tap and hold to move then cast fishing rod

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I was hoping for :
    • (Fixed) Can now actually CATCH fish!

6. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Darn was hoping to see a mention of virtual joystick

Dailon80 likes this.
  7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    When I saw the update I figured it would be added but in truth I guess it may take some time if they even do it.
    I am going to continue to wait, is there any confirmation that they 100% are going to? That would be enough for me but
    so far I don't know if they have provided a straight answer on it

8. leokamiya

leokamiya Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2017
    ramzarules, zergslayer69 and Dailon80 like this.
  9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos

Thanks! I’m sold now that’s all I needed to hear :) this is one of my favorites on PC

10. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yes! With all these post launch fixes and updates, i knew the controls are on their way :)
    The upgraded watering can is useless atm since when you tap and hold, you can't "aim" where to spray water, but it goes on the firection you are faceing, which more often than not, is not where you want the water to spread. The new controls will fix that too.

Fishing: Fishing IS difficult, but
    1) if you stick with it, your skill levels up and the bar gets larger
    2) the third fishing rod you can buy after some levels allows tackle, which makes it significantly easier
    3) if you still find it too hard, you can buy some soup from the fisherman that boosts your skill levels temporarily.

If you think it is hard with tapping, imagine it on PS4 pressing a button down, releasing it, pressing it.. there it was twice difficult :)

11. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks for the fishing tips! Any advice on that green box when reeling in? No matter how careful I am in keeping it close to (just above?) the fish or, alternatively, aggressive in sort of yanking it up, I lose the damn thing. The game does a really bad job of even explaining the indicators.

Ensnared

12. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Two things :
    1) Each fish has its own avoidance pattern. One will jump high in the beginning and then stay where it is, others will do up down up in small amounts, etc. After a while you can almost tell what fish you are reeling in from its avoidance pattern. Obviously the rarest ones are VERY hard to catch when you begind, since they jump up and down like crazy. Give up on these and try for the easier ones.
    2) Go with tiny taps. Most fish up to the fall season either jump very far once and then stay there, or they go up and down in small amounts. So try to keep the fish in the middle of the green bar and adjust with tiny taps to go up when the fish "jumps", tiny let gos to go down when the fish "falls", Dont press too much, dont let go too much. You'll get it!

13. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks! I am truly bound and determined to master it, or at least catch a fish! Haha. So I guess keeping the fish within the green zone is the central concept. Thing just jumps all over the place!

14. chengchisang

chengchisang Well-Known Member

May 25, 2018
    any help with using mfi controller? i cannot perform action with a controller...

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I did finally picked this game up because I know they are going to improve the controls. So I went ahead and played it on the current controls (and I have played this game lots on PC) it was terrible so much so I’m not even going to fire it up again until the update comes.

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I do want to add that this game fits perfect on mobile! Looks and feels awesome
    Can’t wait to jump in when controls are fixed

17. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #117 ramzarules, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    crashed in the stairs to level 60 in the mines, after the update that was supposed to fix the mines crash. Lost the while day of course. Anyone else can confirm if it is only on that level or random?
    Edit: made it to 60 so its not level related. of course, redoing 55-60 i lost 3 diamonds i found on the previous run but eh :p

Dailon80 likes this.
  18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I decided to fire it up again after being really frustrated with the controls early on the first go and then I got the hang of them and while I do welcome the virtual stick I don’t have a big issue with the controls
    anymore now that I figured them out more and the fishing isn’t bad either. So cool
    To have this game on mobile!

19. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Hope you all had a spooky Spirit's Eve and are enjoying Stardew Valley on iOS!

[​IMG]

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    [​IMG]
    Share your farm names! Mine is Tegridy Farm

nyanpass likes this.