Universal Stardew Valley (by ConcernedApe / Chucklefish)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Orientation is with home button on the right. I don’t know why it annoys me that much but it does...

And hahahaha no! This is not farmville! It’s what Harvest moon should have become.
    It is a really great game!!!

2. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    If you ever played Harvest Moon on the SNES/GBA/PSX, its basically a "spiritual successor"

Its no farmville, theres no real life timers, in apps or bullshit, its a GAME you play.

TheSilveryWolf likes this.
  3. Devoid21

Devoid21 Active Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Loving the game so far. Runs great on iPhone 8. I do have a question though, is it posible to zoom out the screen? Would like to be able to see a bit more of my surroundings.

4. yegon

yegon Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Yeah I agree. I always hold my phone/iPad volume buttons up in landscape. Feels alien and somehow wrong any other way.

stubbieoz and Ijipop like this.
  5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks for letting me know. Vast majority have the home button on the right so that’s good. Can’t beleive you want it the opposite way !

L.Lawliet and Ijipop like this.
  6. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    #66 Hambo12, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    just tried on ipad and now i don’t know which i should play. ipad def has more space and easier to tap then phone but the load times take a minute like the switch version. on ipad air 2

7. Shortdog5150

Shortdog5150 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    I found this on Reddit...somebody says you can use the Files app to transfer saves between iPhone and iPad. Better than having to go through iTunes everytime:

"Once you have started a farm on one device, you can access your save file from within the Files app. So if you started on your iPhone and want to continue on your iPad, you can open the Files app on your iPhone -> open ‘On My iPhone’ -> Stardew Valley -> copy the folder inside -> paste into iCloud Drive.

Now on your iPad you can copy that folder from iCloud Drive into the Stardew Valley folder in the ‘On My iPad’ section.

You have to have started a farm on both devices first before the Stardew Valley folder will appear.

You can also do this to share save files between PC/Mac by using iCloud Drive on www.icloud.com.

Still not as good as iCloud syncing but at least it’s something."

8. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Thats actually amazing ! Thank you so much for sharing this, tbh thats about as good as cloud saving to me.

9. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    eap
    Yeap! It works! Just tried it! The first time you do it you have to copy the whole file in which the save files are in! Otherwise it does not work. For example. Lets say the two save files are in a folder named (whatever name you put in the game) for example mine is sakara12037292 something like that. The first time you have to copy that whole file and paste in icloud drive. The numbers after the name are given randomly by the game. So for some reason the numbers are connected with the save files. On your ipad if you started a game even with the same name it wil be something different like sakara0123456789. I gues that the second or third time you only have to transfer the save files and not the whole folder. To put it more simply. If your save files in your iphone are in a folder named ABC when you move them to ipad you have to put the again in a file with the SAME name

10. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude New Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Male
    Artist
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    #70 Uncle Dude, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    So yeah, it's actually pretty easy to play the same farm on multiple ios devices just by adding the save folder to icloud, within the Files App. Kinda feels like 1998, but hey, a little manual labor never killed anyone.

11. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Over on their community site, this is the list of known bugs/issues with the game.

Note : Mifi no action button for using tools/seeds is listed as a bug meaning mifi support was intended from the get go. -cheers-

Attached Files:

12. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Oh, good. They’re tracking an issue for hiding the home bar on X.

I take it no A also means no manual sword swinging?

I’m fine with tap for the most part, except having to rely on auto combat. That’s the draw of mfi for me. I actually find touch is much easier when targeting the farming or placement grids.

13. Is Stardew based on real time, like Farmville was? Or is it a case that you go to bed, save the game and pick back up whenever you want?

14. Nirakk

Nirakk Active Member

Mar 7, 2010
    When you go to bed, the game saves and you wake up the next morning. Yes, you can pick it back up whenever you want. The only comparison to Farmville is seeds and crops. :)

colmulhall77 likes this.
  15. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I was on the fence about this (in part due to all the crap freemium games that look like this), but due to all the praise i decided to give it a try. This game is AWESOME, and NOTHING like farmville or all the other IAP-crap games. Great atmosphere, seems extremely deep and very well implemented. I wish iCloud sync was included, but at least there is the manual workaround which works fine.

Pagan Fox likes this.
  16. leokamiya

leokamiya Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2017
    Dev already replied the thread and said they are just trying to fix the shoulder buttons crashing the menus and will release an updated Mfi support in the next few updates.

17. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Works fine on my 6s

18. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thanks, i already bought it yesterday plus it doesn't drain the battery hugely!

aussiepaul likes this.
  19. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Does anyone have the link for a money making guide? I am supposed to be working towards getting an outbuilding to have animals but I’m making hardly any money in game

20. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Hey!
    I’ll tell you what I did.
    That helped me getting started.

You buy (for example)
    10 seeds of potato
    It will someday gives you let’s say, 1k

Then you can buy 40 seeds of potato
    Wich will then give you 4k

Etc etc etc.
    And while your potato grows you can mine and go fishing wich gives a bit of money too.