Universal Stardew Valley (by ConcernedApe / Chucklefish)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 23, 2018.

1. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Man this is one of the most anticipated games for me since it was released on PC (i do not own one). I remember the dev saying back then that he will consider releasing it on ios but back then it was not in his immediate plans. And now it is releasing on ios!!! I mean i am really really excited. Two hours remaining (with the usual app store releases in my country) seem like a century.

Baron Cappuccino and lezrock like this.
  2. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Pre-reg’d but between this and Siralim 3 I haven’t got any time left for real life.

nenastya, Milotorou and sakara214ever like this.
  3. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Lol same here

Milotorou likes this.
  4. Zghying

Zghying Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Never played Stardew, but I preordered because of the hype, hope its all its cracked up to be. I have an App Addiction anyway.

Pagan Fox likes this.
  5. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

It’s a great game. I own it on steam and Nintendo switch. Definitely a relaxing game that makes you feel good inside

Zghying likes this.
  6. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Well, pre-ordered so I can’t download the game and it’s out. I guess i’ll Have to stop pre-ordering if there is no benefit. Was the pre-order any cheaper in this case? Maybe I can cancel the pre-order then download the game now?

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Nobody in your time zone can download it yet. These guys are ahead.

8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’ve had this with a few pre orders in the UK, which is why I don’t bother anymore.

9. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA

Well, heck, I don't play games to feel all warm and fuzzy, LOL!!

Edited: I just read the App Store description and I see there are caves and monsters. Phew.

10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Well, NOW it is...sure. My point was about making the thread so far in advance.
    Anyway, I’m fully on board the hype train for this one, can’t wait!

11. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    I really like the art style and overall aesthetic tone of the game, however it never really had a satisfying payoff. It always felt I was chasing a mirage. And boy is it a time sink, I spent over 22 hours and never really felt that level of fulfillment that I would with a game.

I guess it's sort of like a Roguelike where it can be fun for a while, but sooner or later you want some sort of closure. I really want to like this game, but it just felt kind of yucky that I was spending so much time with it and not hitting those high's that I do with other games about 2 hours in. I spent over 22hrs with this game and felt like I hadn't accomplished anything.

Perhaps I am playing it wrong. If someone could explain to me a better way of playing and enjoying this game then that would be great; as it stands however, it felt like I was racing against a clock doing farming chores.

12. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Man all these games these last few weeks have been crazy. And now this one.

13. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Can anyone confirm if this works?

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well see...to be completely honest, I had to rethink my first post in this thread as I too thought it was ridiculously early for nyanpass to post this thread (and I actually contemplated deleting the thread), but then two factors caused me to change my initial post and forget about deleting this:

1) For as long as TA's been around, NZ threads have been a thing. When nyanpass posted this, the game was already available in NZ and was (and is still is....I've had my my "copy" for 3 and a half hours now, thanks very much) already making the usual rounds to App Stores around the world.

2) I've always posted threads at 9 PM local time (count 3 and a half hours back from the time of this post) when these pre-order releases come out for me, and no one's ever had an issue with me (or nyanpass, or anyone else) making these threads....and me deleting this thread would have been hypocritical.

anthony78 and KeKhan like this.
  15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You live in the states, right? Game's not available yet. It will be 5 and hours from the time of this post MAX.

16. leokamiya

leokamiya Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2017
    #36 leokamiya, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Whoa. It runs so smoothly on iPhone 6S and iPad Air 2. Too bad about the iCloud save situation, I still have not decided where I’ll be playing this one.

Edit: Oops, spoke too soon. Some areas will cause the game to slow to a crawl on iPad, like 2fps territory. It happened in the clinic and while playing the game in the saloon. Can someone else confirm this?

17. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

NICE NAILS!!!

18. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Well said, and thank you -
    And how awesome it must be to live in NZ and get everything “early” hehe

metalcasket likes this.
  19. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Exactly my thoughts hahaha, my social life is officially over and dead xD

Pagan Fox likes this.
  20. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #40 nyanpass, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    According to developer comments, no specific date has been set, but Google Play Android version will also be released. :)