Universal Starbeard - Our premium tactical garden gnome based puzzler could do with some feedback!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jolly Good Games, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Jolly Good Games

Jul 30, 2019
    Female
    London
    Good morning!

My team Leviathan Games ltd have been working on our mobile game, Starbeard, for what seems to be forever (3 years). I recently heard from the meteor fall devs that the TA community is a really great place to get actionable feedback before we release our baby to the world so here we are!

We managed to secure some funding from the UK games fund to hire an actual coder which really has brought development forward - anyone wanting advise on how to approach pitch development, UKgamesfund and transfuzer, more than happy to help!

THE ASK
    We have played it to death - we need fresh eyes to make sure the gameplay feels good and rewarding, and we really need to get it balanced nicely! We want to launch end of September

Our trailers a little old from when we went to Unite last year, but you do get a feel of general beardy vibe...

About Starbeard - Premium mobile game (PP tbc)

FOR THE BEARD!

Starbeard turns match 3 puzzles on their head, combining tactical tussles and community developed content, all with characters that’ll leave you starry eyed.

In this constellation matching, bug crunching adventure, players will explore beautiful levels and challenge beastly bosses.

With strategic planning, players will conquer the Galaxy with the colourful and crazy powers of the Starbeard Gnomes, and can also create a gnome of their own design! Starbeard is built on our community, with fan art being showcased in game and the most popular designs becoming the next wave of playable heroes, supported by our regular updates and hard hitting live game support and events.

Thanks so much for reading :)

2. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Would like to try it out

Jolly Good Games likes this.
  3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Me too! Looks damn good

4. Jolly Good Games

Jul 30, 2019
    Female
    London
    Thank you!! Can I message your the testflight link? And thank you for getting it moved to the right place x

5. Jolly Good Games

Jul 30, 2019
    Female
    London
    Amazing, thank you so much for your kind words! We are only a team 4 of part timers so it means a lot to have the validation that what we're doing is actually ok! Can I message you a testflight link?

6. sugimulm

#6 sugimulm, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Sure! I’d be honored

PM sent

7. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Sure

8. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
  9. Jolly Good Games

Jul 30, 2019
    Female
    London
    absolutely - I'm just fixing the "cut scene" so give me some hours (plus I'm at my day job RN :D)

10. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks!!

11. Jolly Good Games

Jul 30, 2019
    Female
    London
    Sent out builds to you guys <3

12. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
  13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    PM sent with my TestFlight info -
    Where would you like feedback sent? In this thread or to email?

14. Jolly Good Games

Jul 30, 2019
    Female
    London
    Thank you :3 I've replied to your message <3

15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i would like to test it if possible, my testflight mail is [email protected]

thanks a lot!

16. sugimulm

Pretty darn good so far, played about 10 minutes, at work. Interesting mechanics, not the usual match 3, but I like it, more stretch involved. Will update as I put more time in it. So far pretty darn good

Der Khan and Jolly Good Games like this.
  17. Jolly Good Games

Jul 30, 2019
    Female
    London
    Oh, I forgot that it's English native and the other languages are WIP (some are Google Translate so just awful). It's better if you stick to English for now but I will update this thread when we have other languages ship shape <3

18. savedmanallos@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2014
  19. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    I’m playing this and it’s very funny but also very tricky. One suggestion: could it be possible to at least reduce the number of green rocks the first boss throws on the field?

Der Khan likes this.
  20. Jolly Good Games

Jul 30, 2019
    Female
    London
    I'm glad you are finding it challenging whilst enjoying it. On the Toad boss - that's a really good point, we will look at rebalancing the amount of slime rocks he drops, thank you!