Universal Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (by LucasArts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    At the @eeen twitter.

2. foolthrottle

foolthrottle New Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Customer support says they're working on it

So far all I can get from Disney customer support is that they're working on a fix for those of us that can no longer boot the app on iOS at all. No ETA available for the fix though.

3. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Is this game dead? Was thinking about re-starting again but it seems grim..

4. destruya

destruya Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Given that there hasn't been an update for well over a month and the only announced 'celebration' for the Fourth is discounts on bux, I'd agree on 'grim' being a good word to describe it.

5. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Would you recommend me restarting it? Last I played was december

6. destruya

destruya Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    I'm sitting on 109 million in coin and 139 floors with 77 vacancies, and I can't be bothered to start it up anymore.

If they add new floors I'll log back in, build them, and attempt to fill them with Dream Jobbers, but until then, I'm 'done.'

7. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Yeah I see, I had everything maxed before I quit, didn't seem to be a point to continue then either. Btw did the trandoshan race ever unlock for you?

8. StevO-J

StevO-J Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    The Netherlands
    I'd say restarting also depends on what device you are playing. Anything iPhone 5 or above will probably be okay, but iPhone 4S or under your game will probably crash after 100-110 floors and you won't be able to start the game at all.

I've been unable to play since march 14th myself, so I figure the game is as good as.. given up on.. ;)

9. mnemo

mnemo Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Germany
    Well... it's dead, isn't it? I thought so when they released the huge batch of levels and NOTHING has been happening for weeks.

Playing Tiny Tower now, I'm up to 29 levels. Compared to Tiny Death Star, its MUCH less polished, but much quicker to use.

10. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    I just restarted my tiny tower too! At 25 floors, it is such a classic. I wonder if they will stick to the static backgrounds for tiny tower Vegas. One thing I never understood was how an iPhone 4 could run infinity blade 1 but not tiny Death Star, oh well. Now all we can do is wait for tiny tower Vegas!

11. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Crap game with crap graphics! Lil kingdom does this better with way better graphics!

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So are there any Clone Troopers to unlock? I've been playing a while and have all of the Troops unlocked but none of them are Clones. It's like they dabbled in the prequel trilogy but not completely.

13. mnemo

mnemo Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Germany
    Update on iOS today! Version 1.4.2.

"Fixes small bugs and improves performance".

14. mudads

mudads Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Any idea why this isn't available right now?

15. mnemo

mnemo Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Germany
    Oh, probably pulled... The game wasn't updated anyway, Disney Mobile had huge job cuts and it surely doesn't bring any money in so it's better to just remove it from the app store instead of having to support it further.

Searching in the Google Play Store also doesn't list the game anymore, but the deep link via Google still works.

16. mudads

mudads Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Odd. Thanks for the update.

With all of the hype around it when it launched, I figured it would be a money maker for them. Funny that nothing was said about it being pulled from the store anywhere.

17. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #1377 vicsark, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  18. mnemo

mnemo Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Germany
  19. iPhones iOS

iPhones iOS Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Rochester, New York
    Weird, it's still on Google Play and The Amazon Appstore! Also, it still works on my iPod Touch (as I got it about a year ago, I think).

20. TheNoobOfTheCentury

TheNoobOfTheCentury Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Just wondering: anyone still playing this game?