Universal Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (by LucasArts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 15, 2013.

1. foolthrottle

foolthrottle New Member

Mar 27, 2014
    After adding 20 levels for 1b ea, now won't start

I knew I should have finished the "event" and snagged the bonus level before I bought all those levels at 1b each. Now the game won't start at all. Rebooted my 4S a few times, tried both the local and online copy - no dice. Dead.

I guess I'm dead until they update the game? I was never able to back up via facebook - always said it couldn't connect.

2. gioref

gioref New Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Having the same problem, after I bought all the remaining levels with 1 bux game chrashed and won't open.. Guess we must wait till new update..

3. mnemo

mnemo Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Germany
    Quickly? I completed the current event in 3 days by scraping bux from missions and just buying all the stupid deco droids. DONE.

About the other levels, I just thought about them, too, yesterday. People who now start with the game will never have the chance to unlock them. At least I have Panna City Med, but not Imperial Marches and now the game gave me a completely useless dream jobber for that, which I can *never* use except when they would've made the levels to buy for bux, for example.

mnemo

4. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I have a quick question :)
    I've just started playing Tiny Death Star. What do i do with those guys with question marks? Should I deliver them somewhere at random?

5. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    The question mark people MIGHT open some of the scenes. So deliver them to the levels with scenes. The scenes are located in menu -> album. And select scene with the bottom tab.

6. destruya

destruya Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Having just dropped Tarkin on Overbridge, I can say definitively that there's no 'secret scene' this time around.

7. napouser

napouser Member

Jul 26, 2010

i have no doubt

i have 400 bux stored for upgrades and i wont spend not a single one to anything but upgrades at least 10lvls for every floor then rare vips then probly more upgrades

there is plenty of time to decorate everything just like i did when i had iphone 4s (2 times pana city medicines)

there is no reason whatsoever to not let this event running for more

eventually the company will revive all events for people that keep asking them

just like salvage droids it might take years but eventually u can get everything even with 1 droid per day

8. destruya

Oct 18, 2012
    Waiting for the last L9 I need for a 'perfect' (at least for the Android client) tower, I really wish there were a way to spend bux to 'upgrade' your current DJers to L9 (or even L10).

9. Errk!

Errk! Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Yeah, they are obviously looking for ways to get (or force) people to spend Bux - I would most definitely do that.

10. massimo.grossi

massimo.grossi Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Italy - Tuscany
    Quest done!
    Now I miss just 2 levels... please don't tell me we have to send droids to get them...
    I already spent 25 bux x3 times on droids to get some level mover and another official, no sign of new level

11. destruya

Oct 18, 2012
    #1331 destruya, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    So there's another Imperial Level coming, because I was awarded x10 "Holo Display" earlier as a surplus droid award, and there's currently no Imperial level that gives "Holo Displays."

When you click on it in inventory, it puts you into the Overbridge window, so my guess is it'll be another "build the (insert new level here) to be able to build Holo Displays" thing like it was with the Barracks and Blaster Scopes.

I launched eleven of the basic probes to Endor and the best thing I got out of all of it were the probably-soon-to-be-easy-to-get Holo Displays and a 15 bux reward for looting something I already had (probably one of the newer NPCs).

The cheapest probes should be purchasable for *credits*, and scanning should cost credits as well.

12. mnemo

mnemo Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Germany
    Side note: The product of Overbridge is currently named "Not used" in the German translation. :D

mnemo

13. destruya

Oct 18, 2012
    #1333 destruya, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    So...talk about the game trolling me.

I got my first probe level today - Endor Arms. Literally the LAST thing I need right now are more residential levels/slots, unless they debut like twenty stores this week.

The good news for all is that I 'looted' it from the cheapest salvage probe type, so it *is* possible...however improbable.

14. beppe

beppe Member

Feb 17, 2014
    And how many bux did it take to get it?
    I invested now about 400 bux into the droids, usually 25 bux droids, but the only kinda interesting thing i got so far is Weechee in the bitizens series..

15. destruya

Oct 18, 2012
    #1335 destruya, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    I would say around or a little more than that. I never bother sending out a probe unless it's to a planet. The only compromise would be a free probe to the Shipwreck. At this point it honestly wouldn't surprise me if there isn't a 'pay gate' where you get a level after the client sees you've 'fished' for a certain amount of bux.

But I got Endor Arms when the next 'free' probe would have cost me 12 bux. So in truth, it cost me 55 bux and 24h to get a level I don't need. I mean, I have 72 vacancies, and just got my last max-level DJer a few days ago. SEVENTY-TWO. Along with 77.7 million credits I can't spend on anything worthwhile. I'd honestly *buy* the newer levels for ~20m credits because ~why not~?

I honestly haven't kept track of how much I've spent on the Imperial Slot Machine since its inception, but now that I know I can get levels off the cheapest roll, I'm never buying into the 15 and 25 bux probes ever again.

The cheapest probes (and scanning) should cost ever-increasing amounts of credits, and the 15 bux probe should be the one you get a 'free roll' on each day. And for 15 and 25 bux a pop, their gimmick shouldn't be 'better chances,' it should be 'no junk prizes.' The minimum prize for the 15 and 25 bux droids should be a VIP.

16. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Anyone actually able to connect to facebook without the game freezing and reverting to your last save?!

17. StevO-J

StevO-J Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    The Netherlands
    Consider yourself lucky, a lot of people (myself included) are unable to even start up the game for over 2 weeks. Something to do with memory shortage on 'older devices' (i.e. iPhone 4/4s, etc.) which gets troublesome at around 100 floors I'm guessing.

But after all this time I'm starting to doubt if there's going to be a fix for this at all. Not that I care that much if they don't, two weeks without playing has really diminished my interest in this game. But for people that have spent real money on this game it's inexplicable that there has not been a fix for this problem, or maybe they are unable to fix it which would be even worse I guess.

The thing that's disappointing is that LucasArts seem to be doing all they can to rake in as much money as they can with trying to get people to buy bux, but they can't seem to construct a decently working app or at least do a decent amount of bug fixing. Too bad, I really enjoyed the game, but it's becoming more and more unplayable to me.

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Sorry to hear that. Yeah, I would have spent real money on the game had it been constructed properly and didn't have unrealistic goals without buying stuff. If it was literally as playable as the other Nimblebit games without spending money... I would have been MUCH more inclined to actually spend money! But they seem to think by making it not play well, crash, and force people to buy things in order to progress that they are encouraging spending... But for people like me, they are not! Why would I spend money if the app won't even connect to facebook... or in your case, even open after a certain point?!? Ridiculous.

19. destruya

Oct 18, 2012
    Well, they've managed to make Facebook integration a chore again. I have to keep force stopping and clearing the app cache to get Facebook to connect to save my progress at least once daily, and even though I don't use it, I occasionally like to hit the Store to make sure my client has a connection to the game servers, and that works even LESS often.

Be sure to download that NEW Star Wars-based mobile game, guys! It's getting all of their attention, evidently.

20. Errk!

Errk! Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Glad you posted this because I'm having the exact same problem. How do you clear the app cache? I've tried force quitting/killing the app and re-opening it but it didn't help; I cannot connect to Facebook no matter what.