Universal Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (by LucasArts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 15, 2013.

1. brister

brister New Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Same here, looks like two droids a day at best. Looks like they really want you to spend bux. But why would I spend bux on a game that crashes 9 times out of 10 I try to get into it.

It's a shame really, this game has potential if they just got their act together and listened to feedback from players.

2. mklmcdonald

mklmcdonald Member

Mar 2, 2014
    The droid appearances are slim. But what is the big deal about spending bucks? They are so easy to come by and with only needing 300 to complete the entire event, it's not that hard. I can literally get 5 bux in about 10 minutes. Deliver bitizens while waiting for droids and it's about 6-7 droids an hour. Play an hour a day for 10 days and you'll easily unlock it. If you don't want to play that much, then don't.

The crashes are annoying, but all the complaining is getting old. They are adding new content, the salvage droids are expensive but you have plenty of time to unlock items with them, events are fun and without events and salvage, there is nothing to do with bux.

This game would be super awesome if they added something purchasable for like 20mil coins.

3. Errk!

Errk! Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    There's no way they come anywhere near that often. I had the game running all day and got 3 delivered without having to buy them.

4. massimo.grossi

massimo.grossi Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Italy - Tuscany
    Just one decorating droid for me today....
    I also bought one this morning to try to unlock the situation, but nothing changed, I waited all day ang just few mins ago one droid appeared.

Anyway, we have reward at 10, 30 and ?
    What is the third reward? A new level?

5. destruya

destruya Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    #1285 destruya, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    You do know that it's piss-easy to earn five bux at a stretch. You don't HAVE to buy bux, just earn and buy a droid whenever you reach five. You'll find it's really doable in the time frame.

You're not 'buying' them if you're buying them with bux you earned via location quests. And I know it's a mild pain in the ass, but there is a 'free bux' option in the store for offers. That will buy more than a few droids if you find yourself in a pinch in a few days' time.

For example. After spending to get Tarkin yesterday, I had something like 59 bux left. One day later I've got 134. Entirely from location quests and 4-5 DJ skill upgrades. This *is* doable.

...of course, if DJ temp-switching weren't bugged it'd probably be 100+ bux *more* than that, but -_-...

The reward at 10 levels is 10x Imperial Helmsman costumes for your Bits, 30 levels is the Tarkin character + 11 bux (since you 'claim' him, then find him, which triggers the 'you already received this reward' message), then 60 levels is the Imperial "Overbridge" level. After that it says there are "bonus rewards," which I suppose is better than the Panna City event where you just got a 'congratulations.' It gives no details as to what the "bonus rewards" are, but I'm betting bux or VIPs.

Also, I've noticed a cruel thing. On the 'find the bitizen' quests, I've found that the bitizens in question are almost *always* outside the edge of the screen. I've seen this because when I play, I play with a Notepad file open with all my bitizens listed, along with which apartment level they're on and which level their job is. Every single time one of these quests comes up, the bitizen is off screen and STAYS off-screen for quite some time.

6. mnemo

mnemo Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Germany
    #1286 mnemo, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    I cannot say that they're always outside the screen, but I thought about creating such a list of Bitizens, too. Do you ever move levels? Because keeping the level numbers in sync would be a PITA. I have sorted my levels from residential (bottom) via food, retail, service to recreational upwards, plus alphabetically per category. Ahem. :D

Edit: I made the list and for my system, it's enough to list the name, residential level and the name of the shop level. It's SO easy to find people now.

mnemo

7. Kemaleon

Kemaleon Member

Jun 26, 2013
    I colour code my bitizens clothes to the level they work on (food=green, blue=service etc) which makes it much easier to find them. If a guy with green clothes isn't in my food section then he'll be in the residential levels.
    Also use special outfits for some levels.

8. Kemaleon

Kemaleon Member

Jun 26, 2013
    DOUBLE POSTARAMA!!!

I never got the 'levels for 1 bux' that many of you got before, but I just got them now! Went on a spending spree so now have all but the reward ones. Anyone still buying levels go check just in case.

9. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Disney's Response & "Player Beware"

Unable to play TDS on my iPad 2 since adding all new floors, I contacted Disney's support. I've since received 3 responses, none of which suggested something helpful I could actually do to get the game to play.

This paragraph from one of the responses is telling:

"It's true that Tiny Death Star can be very intense on older IOS products. Purchasing all the floors for the game would definitely cause the crash on your end. Our dev team is currently looking into this issue."

Note the word "would" as in "would definitely cause the crash." The game was playing fine prior to the crash so I had no warning that I was putting the game in peril with all the floors. I don't know which floor did it so I can't be more precise in my warning.

If you have an "older" (per Disney's definition) device, do understand that the next floor you add could be your last.

I'm highly disappointed that a big name like Disney would fail to warn those at risk. Wait, no, I'm shocked that they would put those players at risk! It's beyond belief that they would make a game obsolete in less than 6 months of playing.

Boy do I miss the NimbleBit's take on creating a stable, reasonable freemium game!

10. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    FoxTrot

Saw this cartoon today & just had to post!

Attached Files:

11. mnemo

mnemo Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Germany
    Well... They should clearly indicate that the game won't run on older devices, but due to the many graphics and character it is clear to me that it needs LOTS of memory. Tiny Tower has only very, very basic graphics. No wonder it's working better for old devices.

mnemo

12. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    You're right. They "should" clearly indicate the game won't run on older devices. They don't. Not on their Help Site, not in the App Store.

I mentioned NB because their games were stable & had staying power. They didn't outgrow devices in a matter of months.

Looks like you have an iPhone 5 so I assume you're pretty safe for now but if you were in my shoes, I'm guessing your posts would have a vastly different tone.

BTW, did you enjoy the cartoon?

13. mnemo

mnemo Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Germany
    I have 135 levels, 194 bitizens and the game works like a charm. While building the last 20 levels or so it got sluggish, but when they were finished, everything was back to normal. I try to keep the iPhone's memory uncluttered, by immediately removing apps from memory after using them (except the 2 or 3 I use all the time).

The cartoon was fun. :)

mnemo

14. mnemo

mnemo Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Germany
    Woohoo! Got "Overbridge" by using bux earned with dream jobbers and finding people.

It IS easily possible. After that it says "Collected all rewards", so there's nothing after that.

mnemo

15. massimo.grossi

massimo.grossi Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Italy - Tuscany
    Wow!
    I have just 250 buxs to spend, so there is no way I can collect the reward for decorating 60 floors.
    This is sick...
    I'll wait the last day trying to get the more bots I can, then I will spend buxs just to get the second reward.
    Hope they will increase the number of bot appearence...

16. Errk!

Errk! Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Definitely. I play on an iPad Air which ususually gives great battery life, and it absolutely kills the battery.

My son played casually on his 5th gen iPod Touch, and after upgrading him to iOS 7.1 it wouldn't let me reinstall TDS from the backup.

17. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    What is Overbridge?

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    You get 5 bux in 10 minutes of playing?!? I get none. Deliver people all morning, and I don't get bux. How are you doing it?!

19. destruya

destruya Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    #1299 destruya, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    Here's my list for an example of how I sorted things: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30900543/TDS%20Bitizens.txt

On an earlier version I even had birthdays and skill point distribution, but then I realized I honestly didn't care about that. :rolleyes:

I figure the only easier way to simplify it would be to alphabetize it and list both the apartment and work level next to the name to make it even easier.

The reward for reaching 60 decorated levels by the end of the event. It's disconcerting to know that nothing follows 60 when it very plainly *says* "next up are bonus rewards."

Congrats. After bux'ing Tarkin I'm not in a hurry. I'm 13 away from 60 at the moment.

I used to run it on a Galaxy Nexus - I'd have to remember periodically to kill the game (as in, force stopping it) and use a RAM clearing utility to free up space. I had to do it every 30-45 minutes or so or things would get extremely choppy.

20. mnemo

mnemo Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Germany
    #1300 mnemo, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    Yes, at first I also listed the dream job, but that's irrelevant information. You can always see the non-associated dream jobbers when you call up the jobs menu and if a Bitizen is not in his dream job he's just a placeholder. I did the list as a spreadsheet in Google Drive.

Bitizen Name;Residential Level Name (without "apts");Residential level no;Job name

[​IMG]

It fits the rest of the game's problems. ;-)

mnemo