Universal Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (by LucasArts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 15, 2013.

1. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    #81 aikavari, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    Oh that's harsh... That quest has been stuck on vader for upwards of 10 floors now... Might just ignore it then lol.

2. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    This is a weird bug. So I tried skipping the Vader quest. I have 3 Bux and the quest allows you to skip for the same amount but the game responds saying I don't have enough Bux. That's something to fix in the next update. Also, making Bux easier together would be helpful as well.

3. Vaile23

Vaile23 Member

Jul 3, 2011
    what happens when it's released in our local app store then? does the game save sync or what? i'm sure it used to be held on a server somewhere.

i like that game, although it crashes almost every time i go back into the game and try lifting a bitizen to a level. quite frustrating as you usually lose progress

4. speleo

speleo New Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I suggest not skipping any imperial level quests. There are a limited number of them. I think I only finished 4 or 5 and skipped 1 or 2. Now it says "You've done all the quests".

The payout for these quests was pretty good so I prioritized building imperial levels. Now I have 6 useless levels which have raised my new level cost, but don't earn me any coin. I assume there will be more in updates, so I'll start stock piling.

One question I have is about the question mark elevator characters.
    As far as I can tell the only difference is that they sometimes go to imperial levels and occasionally trigger a scene. It that all there is to them? Seems pretty weak.

5. brainticket

brainticket Active Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    #85 brainticket, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    I'm on the mission "According to my design, you must build 2 IMPERIAL level(s)". I built them. Then I started up the game after they were finished and it crashed almost immediately. When I started it again I didn't get credit for the mission :(. I guess that's as far as my missions go until it is fixed. I guess I could try building two more imperial levels to make sure...

Oh - and I now have 8 imperial levels - no Communications level yet lol.

Edit: haha I started building 2 more Imperial. That makes 10/16 and still no Communications.

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    haven't got any crash in a week or more, and i'm on an iPhone 4 pal... check your device ;)

7. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Is this a game 10 yr old will like? My son loves Star Wars so I was going to get it for him once it is released. We have never played Tiny Tower. The game just didn't look fun to me. Judging by its popularity I guess I could have been wrong. :)

8. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Wow!! Really pissed off with this... I started up the app today and it didn't show the part that tells you how much you've made while away, so I thought that was a little odd....then I noticed that the bloody game had sent me back to where I was about 3-4 days ago!! :(

9. Barefoot

Barefoot Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    #89 Barefoot, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    Does anyone know if I can transfer progress to my new iPhone?
    Synced old phone,then synced to new 5S but nothing....don't want to start again got lots of floors already......

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Google "saves backup iFunBox" ;)

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    If he gets the basic mechanics and how you restock / populate floors, then he should enjoy it. The little events and recognizable characters give it a nice feel.
    My local 10 year old loves to watch me play and played Tiny Tower a while ago, too.

12. timmis6010

timmis6010 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Yeah this happened to me too! I had 34 levels built and finally unlocked the the 3rd elevator and Han Solo. I open the app and I was greeted with the opening Vader/Emperor dialogue haha. Thems the breaks I suppose :/

13. SensibleGamer

SensibleGamer New Member

May 31, 2013
    Release Date for US

Anyone know when this is released in the US App Store?

14. OMGzKakaniz

OMGzKakaniz New Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Ditto on wishing for an eta on release. Ready to get my addiction on.

15. flyordiedays

flyordiedays Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    The link doesn't work for me, is anyone else having this problem?

16. brainticket

Sep 30, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    I am having trouble seeing the point of the missions. I have been following them quite closely in my choices of floors to build. They seem pretty random and are not helping to build a balanced set of floors. The reward is also minuscule. In 47 floors, I have only 3 food (he never asked for food) and 7 service and I am short on people. Now he wants me to build 2 more service. I think I will ignore his instructions for a while.

17. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I also don't see the point of the missions. It's not as if they are an indicator of what should be built next. They don't even provide a story line or a goal to work towards. I've now decided to ignore them unless they just happen to coincide with the levels I'm building.

I'm playing on an ipad3 running ios6 and I'm having a lot of trouble playing due to constant lagging where approximately every 10 seconds the game will freeze and pause for a second or so. Menus transition very slowly as well. I've tried removing game from memory and rebooting the ipad. This has not helped with the problem. Is anyone else having similar issues?

18. brainticket

Sep 30, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    Yep I'm using an ipad2 with ios7 and have similar issues. It's jerky like you describe (especially after a celebrity is used), slow and laggy. I wish I could turn off the UI animations to speed it up a bit. It also crashes often immediately after launch. Occasionally crashes after a long session of play.

19. Barefoot

Barefoot Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Many thanks worked perfectly :cool:

20. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    There's an update out and do far so good. It seems to have fixed the issues I have been experiencing with the game :)