Universal Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (by LucasArts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    Impressive!!!

Attached Files:

2. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    #62 Relharn, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    Just installed the game. Will probably keep it even though it's mostly a Tiny Tower re-skin with collectibles.

One major issue I have is the Menu button doesn't want to work. Not sure if I'm missing something.

EDIT: Never mind. It seems I hadn't completed enough missions to unlock the menu.

3. toshiX

toshiX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I just created an account to try out this game last night. I have 13 levels now. So, I agree with the comments by some users in the first few pages about it being harder to earn bux compared to tiny towers. It is a bit frustrating as I think some of us are moving here from tiny towers.

With the release of pocket trains and then this game, I get this feeling that Nimblebit is no longer that Nimblebit that we used to love 1-2 years ago. I think what made them special then, and why we loved them, was that the secondary currency in their game was flowing freely. Of course this game is no way as ridiculous as some of the freemium games out there, but I would be sad to see them move over to the dark side.

4. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I doubt it has as many floors as TT, so I would expect a somewhat slower rate, especially if there are more tasks in the game besides just building; a richer experience per floor. Also, a couple of months ago, my wife started a TT and from what I saw, it seemed a lot more freemium than my experience with it even though it was actually easier than it would have been when I first started playing because of more mission opportunities and being able to save VIPs. I think the issue is that people who either haven't played TT in a long time or are currently comparing a new game to their huge tower have forgotten what to expect.

5. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    I'm not sure what this one is asking me to do. Upgrade the rank? Add a new level?

Get Upgraded

???

6. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    It was already answered on the previous page. I have copied it below for you.

7. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    My apologies; thanks for the info. So the only way to complete this quest is to spend 3 Bux, but the funny/redundant thing is that you could also "Skip" the quest by spending 3 Bux as well.

:)

8. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Yep, that mission will only complete if you use Bux. brainticket talked about it a few pages ago. Once again posted below:

9. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    If I download this from the Australian Appstore, will I have to login there every time I want to update the game in the future?

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes, every time...

11. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Any news on the worldwide release?

12. callme_jc

callme_jc Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    I'm not entirely sure what the point is to "assembling" things on Imperial levels. You collect the items supply workers assemble, but why?

13. callme_jc

Dec 2, 2012
    Oh, I figured it out. You tap the level below Arrivals and complete missions using the assembled bits and bobs, and you get coins in return. Seems a bit confusing to be given different missions in two places...

14. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    That's right. You just can make some money out of it.

Btw... I love it! :) This hole game is even better than Tiny Tower. Gameplay is simmilar but Ewoks made "Tiny Death Star" amazing and addictive :D

15. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Hmmm... So I'm stuck with another quest... It said to "Build Communications Level"... Is it a random floor or something?

16. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    Upgraded my elevator twice now, kinda wished I haven't... The "basement" imperial levels are troublesome to get to in that if you miss a floor, the bitizen will go out anyway... I'm thinking I might have missed a couple of scenes already because of this...

17. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I'm stuck at the same mission :/ I don't have an idea what to do...

About scenes... I don't really get what is going on with it. I have 20 floors and only 3 scenes unlocked...

18. callme_jc

Dec 2, 2012
    Build an Imperial level; it'll most likely turn out to be a Communications level.

19. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    I figured that would be the most likely scenario but I've already built 2 Imperial levels 2 no avail... might be completely random I guess. I just need to hope the next one would be the Comms level if that is the case.

20. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Just check the locked levels in the menu. Communications in an imperial level but you will have to unlock it to be sure to get the correct level