Universal Star Wars: KOTOR II (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 17, 2020.

1. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Can be done directly on IPhone? I don’t have a PC or a Mac damn..

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm trying to think if there's some convoluted way to download and unzip the file on your phone through something like GoodReader, modify the file contents and transfer them using the Files app. I honestly have no clue, but I'd imagine it would be a royal pain in the ass to do if you're not jailbroken or something. Is there no way to get your hands on someone's laptop for a few minutes and do it? It literally takes no more than 5 minutes.

oldsnake likes this.
  3. chengchisang

chengchisang Well-Known Member

May 25, 2018
    Well, I think many have explained this well. If there is a 3rd party mod out there, the developer will not have to want to have anything to do with it. In case someone out there installs the mod and is not enjoying the mod, to the very least of it. If the development mentions the mod anywhere official, the developer may get into trouble which can be avoided in the first place.

4. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I can’t figure out how to equip a weapon to do basic training

5. atomic_tapatio

atomic_tapatio New Member

Dec 20, 2020
    Male
    Can anyone break down in extreme detail how to download this mod on IOS? I've unrar'd the file, and I've tried to use file transfer, but I just can't get the dlc folder into the saves folder. Help would be appreciated.

6. Skinypupy

Skinypupy Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    So, I've copied over the "mods_english" folder via file sharing, it's showing up in KOTOR II Documents (screen shot below). But when I boot up the game, I get the regular title screen. Doesn't look like the mod is loading.

Is there a step I'm missing here?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep! Just stick that "mods_english" folder into another folder called "dlc" and you're good to go!

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    ^ This.
    Boardumb wrote a fully detailed post on the first page as well. (Just for anyone else).

@skintpupy your mods_English folder needs to go in to a ‘dlc’ folder, AND THEN in to the KOTOR files area.

9. Skinypupy

Skinypupy Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Ok geez, I'm an idiot. Only copied over the "mods_english" folder and not the "dlc" folder.

Just moved the "dlc" folder over and it works great. Thanks!!

rhinofinger and metalcasket like this.
  10. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I’ll wait on the sidelines on this one.

I remember the original game on PC being extremely buggy and clearly unfinished and rushed.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Ermmm...I suspect you haven't gone through this thread and/or seen any of the front-page articles/Game of the Week posts.

pathogen541, squarezero and subgenius like this.
  12. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Or you could literally read this forum thread and see that the TSLCRM has been ported to mobile and that this version of KOTOR II is mod friendly... so you need not worry about bugs...... a little reading goes a looooooooong way

13. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    #53 BlueTrin, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    I read when I posted.

I doubt the mod finished the quests that and fixed the rushed second half of the game

Maybe you are the one lacking comprehension skills. Don’t worry I don’t expect to educate you, it is probably too late, so I’ll just ignore you.

14. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    I read it and at that price I am not that bothered tbh.

Also it’s not only about the bugs, if you had played the game you’d know that the game feels rushed. I have other games that I didn’t have time to play and will be more interesting tbh.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Actually, it did finish the quests and fixed the rushed second part of the game. Watch the video coverage above.

And you made no indication that you even knew the mod existed. Or that you owned the game on PC. Difficult to comprehend something that was not stated.

16. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    #56 BlueTrin, Dec 21, 2020
    I didn’t make any indication either way, so Pathogen541 tone is out of place.

I am ok with people like yourself who are factual. But I dislike snide comments from people with ego issues like Pathogen451.

Anyway, thanks for informing me that they added contents.

Did they fix the third act ? I believe you when you say that they made it better, but the original game is literally missing pieces of story and choices to make sense. To fix it for real and make it as good as the first game would be almost equivalent to write an entire pan of the story.

Anyway, I should have worded like this: the original game was so painful that I doubt I can be convinced to buy it again, don’t have any nostalgia for Kotor 2 and other games on my list to play.

Enjoy the game regardless !

17. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    #57 Brightsiderus, Dec 21, 2020
    I have played it for a while... and i don’t know... it’s actually boring game and looks very... old, I guess.
    Even though Neverwinter Nights is older than kotor2, Beamdog gave the game better graphics.
    And for Kotor it seems that Aspyr ported it as it is. It looks older than NN.
    And I really don’t think that it deserves to be game of the week just because it was ported to mobile.

BlueTrin likes this.
  18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    For me I’m happy as hell as I loved KOTOR back in the day and bejng bale to play this famous game years later on mobile I think is great.

Do enjoy iOS gaming for its amount of brand new games but also classic games such as this I can play on the move. Just wish someone would port Dark Forces or Jedi Knight

rhinofinger likes this.
  19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Alright, thread's been cleaned up. That's enough off-topic banter/insults/whatever.

oldsnake likes this.
  20. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    #60 CrayonWarrior, Dec 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    Has anyone tried unzip of the App Store?
    Just have to work out how to get the unzipped folder out