Universal Star Wars: KOTOR II (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 17, 2020.

1. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Ability to install this mod on ios cements it; I'm buying this version. Hopefully future patches won't install it or break the save files.

2. chengchisang

chengchisang Well-Known Member

May 25, 2018
    To quote my favourite YouTube show: SUPER easy, BARELY inconvenient.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sure i will pick this up, do love premium priced games but just miffed off why a $14.99 game is $14.99, should be cheaper, the conversion rate Apple uses seems to be 1:1. Probably not a huge difference but they do have a laugh when they do this.

Just need to free up space now

4. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    “They’ve” been laughing at us in Australia for years, $22.99 for this here. And we’ve got more chance of meeting the Queen than ever getting a refund on anything, ever. Water off a ducks back though. I’m not for a second saying these games aren’t worth their prices, it just bites a little each time I see a game is $20 here and then $30 when I get to the AppStore.

Anyway. Never played this before so looking forward to it. And I know we should be used to it by now but... I still find it crazy that we’re playing these massive games on phones and portable tech.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Dont get me wrong i'm the same as you, having this on mobile is huge. This is one game i never played either so really looking forward to this. I'll stop my moaning as i didnt realise how bad it was for you guys !

Now what to delete, what to delete !

6. RpgN

RpgN Active Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Female
    Really cool that you can put the mod version. You don’t need to hack your device right?

so what does this mod version have exactly?

7. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    It’s been answered already on previous page.

8. RpgN

RpgN Active Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Female
    I’ve read this. I meant what that restored content actually is. The bugs getting fixes is welcome of course.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There's a really cool video that Jared included in his front-page write up. That explains what's been added to the game with TSLRCM better than any of us could ever do...because in reality, there are hundreds of changes.

RpgN likes this.
  10. RpgN

RpgN Active Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Female
    Thank you. I’ll make sure to take a look.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Why didn’t they just put the mod in this version of the game themselves?

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    My guess is because all the work restoring the content and creating the mod was done by a variety of people in the community over the course of years, and so putting it in a game a company is selling for profit becomes a sticky situation since that company doesn't really "own" the mod work.

But, with Aspyr's releases of this on desktop several years back and seemingly this new mobile release, they've very much been like "Oh, look over here, a cool MOD you can install. Here's a link to it, do what you will!" so I sort of take that as them tacitly approving and encouraging people to play the game with the mod installed without ACTUALLY saying that, for legal reasons or whatever.

ste86uk, RpgN and metalcasket like this.
  13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It really wouldn't make sense given it's not official in any way.

ste86uk likes this.
  14. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    I found out what my issue was. I have a MacBook Air from 2015. I still have iTunes on it and even though it’s fully updated, I don’t get the connection in finder. I have to do it all through itunes. I figured out though :)

Boardumb likes this.
  15. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    A mod is considered ‘fan created content and not the original content made by the Devs, whether it was meant to be there or not. So they couldn’t include it legally

16. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Well, apparently I cannot zip things on my PC. It asks about downloading something to open the file downloaded from the site Jared gave. What is needed to open this file to drag it to KOTOR2 folder?

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    7zip's a great, tiny, completely free option. ;) If you're on Windows, right click the file, 7zip in the pop-up menu, Extract here. You should be good to go.

18. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    That was my concern, but I'm still giving it a shot.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Definitely valid cause for concern, but remember guys, we have full control over both mods AND our save files, so even if it's a tad bit of a hassle, we can backup save files before updating the game/installing a more up-to-date (if it happens) version of the mod, etc. etc. etc. ;)

20. chef4489

chef4489 New Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Male