Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Discussion in 'Mac App Store Games' started by JindoFox, Feb 21, 2011.

1. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    #1 JindoFox, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like Aspyr finally updated this old game to run on modern Intel Macs, but didn't optimize it. Many of the reviews specifically mention terrible performance, which is a shame for an 8-year-old game that ran perfectly on the original XBOX.

$20, only certain video cards supported, 3GB space required.

I was hoping the ($10) Windows version on Steam would go cross-platform, but it seems that isn't in the cards. I guess an iPad version is out of the question. I'm not buying this game yet again with such bad reviews. :(

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The only reason this wouldn't run on the iPad is because Aspyr seems to have some hard limit of only 15 minutes of time spent on any particular port. That's the only way I can explain why they're universally so shitty.

3. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #3 tblrsa, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
    Damn, hold it for a second: Aspyr states that this doesn´t run on a late 2010 MBP 13"? What the hell? :(

I just dropped em a mail, here is hope they fix this issue. Come on, Aspyr! This game deserves a GOOD port, god damnit.

Edit:

Got an answer, might be helpful for some so i´ll post:

4. psara

psara New Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Can you, or anyone comment on this fix? I want to get KotOR again, but I haven't heard anything about whether this helps!

5. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Seems like Asypr has updated their copy. Can anyone tell me if the latest version does run fine on a 13" MBP 2010? I haven´t purchased it yet, still holding on to. :)

6. twick

twick Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    I have a MBP late 2008. I would love to play this again. Anyone tried with this same macbook?

I just put in 8 gigs of ram too. The video is what I am afraid of.

7. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #7 tblrsa, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
    Okay, let´s cut the crap. I´ll give this baby a test run on my Late 2010 13" MBP. Will report on performance later.

Edit: Working fine on my machine. Yes, I´ve played till Taris so far, all good.

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    It's running great on my Macbook so far. Graphics are pretty good.

9. VaronaAlba

VaronaAlba New Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Personal sectary
    I must mention about the special graphic done in the Knights of the Old Republic. Just feel like living in the game while playing.