Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Same here. Had to clear 5gb of space for it as well!

There goes my social life, ability to concentrate at work and time spent with my wife!

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Scrabble in europe.... Yup...

3. benadvanced

benadvanced Active Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Deal breaker for me. Having played this already on multiple platforms i will wait for updates.

It is a great game. Disappointing it doesn't use the proper display features

4. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Downloading now, I loved this game even though it ran a little choppy on my 360, i really hope this to be the best version so far. Ill post impressions in a while.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    OMFG... here i drop in more money that completely and utterly DESTROYS my weekly iOS budget.

6. brando

brando Member

May 8, 2012
    I'll split a box with you.

7. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    INSTALL IT THROUGH ITUNES....!!!!!!

Damn... getting tired of those people that are bitching about no space..
    help... mama... help....

It has been repeated many times.. Use your PC instead of your Maxi-pad.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Any ipad 2 imps?

9. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Initial impressions after spending about 20 mins with the game on an iPad Mini.

The game itself runs great - no lag, hiccups or such; seems to run just the way it was meant to be.

My major gripe thus far is with the way character movement is handled. This was the main downside pointed out in IGN's early review as well, and I definitely agree that this feels cumbersome already. Swiping left/right to pan the screen and swiping forward to move doesn't sound intuitive, nor does it translate well to the game IMO. Implementation of a joystick would have worked much better... but oh well. The sensitivity throughout this movement process seems way too high and i'll look through the menus to see if there's a way to reduce it...

Battles are controlled just as I remembered them, but are much easier to go through thanks to the touch screen interface. If someone remembers, how do I assign a 'regular' attack to my character? I see commands for Critical Strike (as the feat I initially chose during character creation) but don't see how I can just command my character to do a normal attack.

Otherwise, this seems to be a great port I look forward to spending more time with.

10. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Controls wise, I'm not sure how it could be much better. If you put your finger over the main character near the bottom of the screen, you can move around as if it's a virtual joystick. The conversations are weird (reading the lines at the bottom next to numbers that are then presented as larger buttons at the top), but it makes sense.

Controls aside, it runs smoothly. FMV cut-scenes are relatively low quality, but not horrific. I'd not noticed that the in-game graphics weren't retina, but it certainly doesn't bother me.

Very, very pleased.

11. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    About jaggy graphic edges or not antialiased graphic - it's far better than it looks from screens.I had my reservations with game not being retina enabled, but it looks awesome, like Mr Developer from Aspyre already told, straight PC port paired up with top graphic for that time of release that actually holds very good even today .Cutscenes, animations and everything else runs normal, no slowdowns or crashes.Movement is done by swiping in wanted directions and it works really well , I realize virtual pad might have been a better solution but it would/could overlap with UI elements.
    Audio quality isn't top notch though, especially if you're using good headphones, but that is just nitpicking from my side ( even though I always like better audio immersion and classic SW intro/blaster/ explosions/ etc sounds ).
    And yes, game is huge and worth that price tag, I'm actually amazed they didn't ramp up the price higher, but then again we are talking about iOS App Store pricing :rolleyes:

12. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    I wonder if we'll see this hit iPhone anytime soon

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Actually the pricing is spot on, considering how old this game is. It's $10 on steam as well.

14. hardA TOEnail

hardA TOEnail Member

Oct 31, 2012
  15. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    To add normal attack to the queue just tap the character you're attacking.

16. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Damn another 10 dollars.This is a must :D

17. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Trust me, I feel you there! About $50 and counting this week spent on three games (Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Warhammer Quest and all its content and now this) ... And honestly I wouldn't have it any other way if iOS gaming was more like this! Such a great week for gaming on my iPad!

18. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    oh well,this download take ages....guess that's a sign that i should spend some time with Warhammer now:)

19. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Agricola!

>_>

<_<

20. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Wtf? I thought we might have seen this in September, maybe August. Pretty surprised.