Universal Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hellscaretaker, Oct 12, 2015.

1. baelnor

baelnor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    523-298-744

Add me please :).

Game looks good, energy does t come too quick and there are lots of things to cycle through. Play for an hour/day

2. FrehleyzComet

FrehleyzComet Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    987-187-997

Add me please. #

3. wswing

wswing Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Professor
    #83 wswing, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    At lvl 31 now, but progression is getting very frustrating. The enemies are now constantly chump attacking a single one of my characters until they die nearly every single time, making three stars virtually impossible...

Teetering on the edge of quitting here, but I'll give it just a bit more time as I approach the possibility of upgrading some of my characters' star levels. I'd like to see if that makes a big difference or not. For how much work it takes it SHOULD!

4. AndrewPM

AndrewPM Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Add me: 618-337-939

5. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Anyone got that little green gremlin looking jedi? How do I get it

6. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    I'd actually love to give this game money if the packs it offered weren't so awful.
    24.99 for some random character?
    Anyways, add me if you'd like:
    888-285-721

7. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    The green gremlin looking Jedi ur referring to is most likely Yoda. I take it you don't follow Star Wars ;)

8. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    473 195 626 is my ally code :)

Level 36 Mace as my leader :)

9. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Is there not a code thread for this?

10. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    OK, having given some time on this, I must say that it is probably the best version of this type of game out there.

Unlike others in the genre it isn't a constant flow of flashing lights and sounds coupled with playing off emotions based around beloved characters. My team (light and dark) are unnamed nobodies and one named character I've never heard of. That's a GOOD thing. It allows the game to be an actual game, not a vehicle for sucking money out of players so they can collect their favorite characters.

The battles are GOOD turn based fights. They're long and take work. You have to juggle healing, offense, skills and cooldowns in a way that makes you really pay attention to the evenly-matched battles. Yes, you'll roll over the lower-level fights while grinding for gear, but it is a real feat to beat an opponent higher-leveled than you based on your skill. Again, unlike others in this genre, the fights mean something and aren't just the window dressing for a virtual doll collector.

Upgrading characters is satisfying and you see real benefits. Suddenly, my Jawa is an ass-kicker. Who would've known when I first unlocked it? All the modes they offer are cool and (despite all being the same basic battle system) varied because of the team makeups.

Having an auto-play button is still unfortunate, but it is small, out of the way and will likely get you killed unless you're overpowered, so I guess that's fine.

This is a good game. I hope I continue to enjoy it. And I hope I canget IG-88 for Christmas :)

11. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I agree with others that at least in the first 30 hero levels or so, the game appears to be a very fair FTP model. There are many different ge modes (and many different currencies), but you can probably get a couple of hours of gameplay per day if you pick up the timed energy bonuses.

The battles are pretty good as well, with concepts such as healing, buffing, ranking and others playing a more prominent role here.

That said, I still deleted the game after a few days of playing. While the graphics are good, and the available characters are plentiful, the game completely lacks purpose to me. When I play any rpg I want to have a reason for progressing and a story behind it, not just to play (and likely spend) more to rinse and repeat each day. I'm not motivated to be at the top of the pvp rankings, so I did not see value in investing further time.

12. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I have no purpose when I play this game either and that is why i play. If i want story i will play Knights of the Old Republic which is on my phone also. This is just mindless fun for me.

Also i would like to see what happens when they give updates for more characters. I do forsee me deleting this in the far future but for now I find it allot of fun for free.

13. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Yeah. I don't know how long the appeal can last. This style of game still isn't that appealing and is a bit of an unhealthy gaming habit. But it certainly is a better version of this type of game.

14. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    add me 133-717-118

15. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Add me

Looking for allies, my code is 149-647-985.

16. Cwack

Cwack Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Looking for ally's too. Currently lv 32 :)

Code: 131-435-764

17. mp77

mp77 New Member

Dec 1, 2015
    I'm only up to level 25 but enjoying the game so far.

I've added you all and my code is 951-935-418

18. baelnor

baelnor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Game plays quite well. Enough depth and variation in each character.

Seems like at the moment it is a once or twice a day logon. You can quickly dump your energy bar with the "sim" tickets, you can work towards new characters each day with the shipments and shards.

Feels much better than I am MT which was a similar style battler with more characters and less character.

19. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Sorry but which game is this, just curious.

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Honestly this game is lame.. Been playing for a few days.. It's repetitive and there's absolutely no reason to play unless u wanna unlock your fav characters.