Universal Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hellscaretaker, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Gamehenge

Gamehenge Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 8, 2012
    Digging it so far.

I'm level 30 and nearly maxed out on my teams. I'm enjoying the different goals... daily challenges, equipment upgrades, light/dark side battles, squad cantina battles.

I don't have enough characters to really make a themed team, but I do like how some of the skills complement each other. I'd like a kick butt Dark Side droid team!
    Add me
    My Ally Clde
    239-683-574

2. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    I've added a bunch of you as allies but don't really understand how it works. Seems like I get a bunch of random people to choose as allies when I start a battle. Do I get to choose from my ally list of friends in a level later on? I'm only level 23.

3. VidGamrJ

VidGamrJ Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    My code is 543-973-844 if anyone wants to add me. I'll add some I see here later when I get home.

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Do the stars of the characters get upgraded? Or merely stuck when you draw them

5. VidGamrJ

VidGamrJ Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    They upgrade when you collect enough character shards to upgrade them.

6. WVFryingPan

WVFryingPan Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Ally code

my code is 113-563-878.

Thanks!

7. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Is no one going to mention how the game mechanics have nothing to do with Star Wars? Basic stormtroopers deflecting not only sabers but also Force powers? There's nothing especially SW under the hood. This is a corporate ATM or slot machine, designed solely to make them money. Those who don't pay, grind. If grinding were fun, it wouldn't be called grinding. It's the idiot's substitute for accomplishment. What more could anyone expect from Disney & EA? Go ahead and hate, I'm just tired of seeing gamers dumb themselves down and throw their money away.

8. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Probably a training thing or you can equip an item. On the character screen is there any green + symbols next to them, if so click the character and then you should see six squared around them, click the one(s) with a green plus and apply them :)

9. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Mine crashes on launch. So you got further than me.

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So well put. The more gamers accept this, and the more younger kids start gaming with these types of games, the more they'll get made. And we'll slowly lose any real game or gameplay. The new game these days is waiting for timers, paying to refill energy, and paying for everything else as well.

I, for one, miss those days when the ONLY paying we would do is when we took our lemonade stand or garage sale money to the store and paid once and for all for that game we saved to get. And then we could play it as long as we wanted without worrying that the gameplay had anything to do with us paying more money instead of just being awesome.

11. Seztael

Seztael New Member

Mar 31, 2015
    Like it so far

Solid game. It might just join Future Fight as a daily game for me. Got lucky and pulled Darth Maul...his aoe is a beast at level 30 he cleaves the entire enemy team for over 1000 damage. Would say the offered bundles are too expensive and hope for a cheap 30 day subscription thing as well. If anyone wants to add me 645-373-151.

12. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

If you don't have any Training Drois to train a Char it means that you have the potential to equip more characters or at least find the right equipment!

Hope this helps!

13. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Agreed this is why I never support EA they release garbage and young gamers just jump on it.

14. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    It's not exactly "new" anymore, unfortunately. This has been the most profitable model for at least the last two years. Most of the elements in the game that are copied and pasted, like the "six piece equipment to gear up" system, are there because they're proven profitable elements.

And while I don't mind grinding for the sake of grinding, there's just too MUCH of that in this game for me. You get ANOTHER separate stamina gauge to go through each day once you reach Level 28. In the end, it's just too much of a time sink with no real point behind it. No story, no progression, just chasing those higher numbers. One of those games in my life is MORE than enough. :)

-----

What I'd like to see is a game like this WITHOUT any "pay to win" elements. Everyone gets the same amount of stamina (renewed once a day so you can take your time using it), the same starting set of characters, and various 'dungeon choices' to put it towards. Winner is the team with the highest Power at the end of the month, and then everything resets.

Won't happen because there's no profit in it, but it'd be an interesting experiment to see if the game model actually COULD work if all the monetization was removed.

15. tnam7

tnam7 New Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Update to iOS 9.1. It has something to do with the Game Center bug which gets fixed in the update.

16. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    This is genuinely one of the most free to play licensed games I've ever played. It's absolutely ridiculous. I wanted to love it but had to delete.

Example: Pvp, you get 5 battles at a time. With a variable timer in between each fight (usually 5-10 minutes) then once you've used your 5th there's a 13 hour timer before you can fight again. Each timer can be skipped with a large amount of premium currency. Painfully, the cost of skipping the 10 minute timer between battles is the same cost as skipping the 13 hours.

EA has done it again.

17. wswing

wswing Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Professor
    #77 wswing, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    I just reached the Squad Cantina Battles (at 28) and held off until I could upgrade a few character. And now it seems total hosed! When I click on the table it shows a header that says "Placeholder" and instead of the squad battles I have what looks to be the even battles, which has a 14+ hour countdown. When I click it, it says I've "used up all the replays"... What the crap??? I now have 127 squad battle energy collecting dust!

EDIT: Just a quick note. I deleted the app and reinstalled and now everything is working fine... Weird.

18. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #78 chief78, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    Same here.....I can't get past the splash screen. Strange though, intermitantly games will connect to GC, but then if I try to go into settings and select GC, it freezes trying to go in, and if I pull up the app, I get the white screen. Also, all of this started about a week ago. Up until then, I had no issues with GC.....so not sure why all of a sudden I'm having this GC bug pop up....f***ing Apple.....they already ruined my Macbook with the last OS that I was forced to update to so that I could access itunes and back-up my phone, and now I can't play a few of my favorite games because of this.

EDIT: already on 9.1, so no hope until Apple pulls their thumbs out their @$$es

19. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I liken the experience to Star Wars purgatory; a hamster-wheel-like experience set to the sweeping soundtrack. Seriously though, it's dripping with Star Wars nostalgia, but it's as hollow and soulless as a freemium game can be. Don't expect an engaging story or continuity with Star Wars lore or its chronology, it's a mash-up of characters and locals presented in no particular order. On the other hand, it is Star Wars. So, if your fan and love a meaningless grind, this should be a real treat.

20. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Stop supporting EA they are an awful publisher of games!!!