Universal Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hellscaretaker, Oct 12, 2015.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Just hope the movie doesn't follow Star Wars' mobile gaming trend... well, aside from Rebels Recon. That, KOTOR, and LEGO SW still give me hope that we might see a decent real game again one day. But this isn't the game we're looking for.

2. gabed-em

gabed-em Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    The journey app had pod racing which was pretty amazing! Basically a cut down version of the old racer game. Outside of mobile we have battlefront which I've played and it is pretty damned amazing.

Mobile has dropped the ball big time with Star Wars games. A shame really as the universe has so much potential!

3. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Oh yeah! I've got that pod racing. Forgot to mention that. Those two apps that have it aren't bad. I was pleasantly surprised when I first fired that up.

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I disagree. I rather enjoy games with auto play. I don't mind when it's just strength of gear or rank doing to winning. That's how most games end up anyway. I don't need to prove I'm a ninja master at every game I play cuz I'm not. I do like it when they have a fast forward button though.

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Could anyone that has an AU "dummy" account only for free games share it with me via PM? i tried making a new email in hotmail, gmail and yahoo.com only for an AU appstore account, but they all want my phone number to "verify". I really want to try this game...

6. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Looks ok. SW game where you can collect various characters is cool idea. I know people dont like EA but their mobiles games are usually pretty good.

7. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Use a fake number there many guides on google in creating a fake iTunes account

8. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Use a fake number there many guides on google in creating a fake iTunes account

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #29 ramzarules, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Problem is not in the iTunes account, but in the new email. When i try to create a new email adress they ask for my number to send the verification via sms. There is the problem. It didn't use to be like this, earlier this year i made two new emails, one for NZ and one for NL, both hotmail, and they didn't ask my mobile numer. Now they do, so i'm stuck unless i give them my phone nr.

Edit: i managed to do it on gmail, hotmail and yahoo ask for mobile nr. but gmail doesnt :)

10. lailoken

lailoken New Member

Oct 14, 2015
    So wanted to like this game

Been playing now for almost two weeks now and I think atleast once a day "why am I still playing this". I think it comes down to fact it would not take too much work to make it fun, but right now it is irritating at times.

1. Squad battles are auto, you cannot play them, you have to spend 3 minutes of your life watching the game make insanely stupid decisions and be killed by weaker teams. Want your daily tasks? Do this soul sucking rubbish three times a day.

2. Shard are used to get characters (great), but the drop rate is pathetic. I have worked out it will take over five years of play to max your characters out (assuming the progression in 1,2,3 star characters), limited by daily energy though I think this could be as high as a decade of play.

3. the Dark Side wall... want to do the Darkside missions? Okay, but if you did not buy the starter pack come back in a month and maybe you can have some crappy 1or 2* DS characters to do it with.

4. Augmentation of characters is confusing and unbalanced on items that are released, also do not expect to get the items to boost your abilities often, maybe once a week when there is a daily challenge.

I can only assume they are being stingy during soft launch so not to create an issue later on.
    Atleast I hope so as right now the rewards are too few to sustain interest for long.

11. I have to agree with Lailoken here. Like many, I am a massive Star Wars fan. After investing significant time in SW: Uprising and seeing that going nowhere due to the almost non existent story and utterly repetitive gameplay, I was excited by the prospect of Galactic Heroes.

Having played until level 17, I do applaud the backdrops and sound. The game certainly feels like Star Wars but its not hard to import John Williams' dramatic score and the like at the same time. It all exists out there and merely takes a license to appropriate into your game.

There seems to be some strategy involved although not much. I got some strong characters early on with ridiculous luck (more on that later) and have only lost one battle out of around 30.

Truth be told, drop rates need work. There are 4 tiers of 'data chips' which basically afford character or item drops though at the moment, you're more likely to end up in an elevator next to Harrison Ford than you are to end up with someone of the likes of Qui Gon Jinn or Darth Sidious.

Oh and the currency and energy system are very gracious. I'm yet to stop due to no energy and always have plenty of SW $ to invest in leveling characters.

We're yet to receive a killer modern SW app not counting KOTOR. This one's another time sink made for casual fans really.

12. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Well I'm liking it a lot so far. Turn based Star Wars battles, John Williams score, appealing aesthetic..hard not to like it.

13. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Didn't think much of this, then discovered I'd played about two hours of it.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yes! I love these types of games.

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Crashes on launch for me. iPhone 6 iOS 8.4.1. Oh well.

16. giantfart12

giantfart12 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Any way to stop the GC bug? I have it to and it doesnt let me sync any of my games with GC and it is pissing me off.

17. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I am certain Disney and friends are just getting started. They're putting old games everywhere (Steam, GOG, PlayStation) and from what I've played of Heroes, this is a lot more deep and fun than Assault Team, which it resembles on the surface. They are very generous with energy in the first hour, so I'm watching carefully to see the addiction trap or paywall. Hopefully it will be like Uprising which drops plenty of rewards for both active and passive play so expensive in app purchases won't be required. I don't mind paying a little so long as it's fair, of course.

Graphics and sound are great as expected and the learning curve is nice and gentle.

As for dropping the ball on mobile, you know there is a new movie coming out in less than a month, right? And that a tie-in is probably waiting in the wings? And that we will probably see a nice space dogfighting action game before Rogue One comes out? And that KOTOR II for mobile is just a matter of time? It's never been a better time to be into Star Wars.

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'd much rather get Super Star Wars on iOS. Hope it makes it to our phones eventually. And how did we get a Game Center bug? And how do we get rid of it without updating iOS? Maybe that wouldn't even work...

19. sarfa

sarfa Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Apparently not. Although iOS 9.1 fixed it for some, it didn't fix it for you or me. I have iOS 9.2 beta and the bug is still there. I can't believe Apple has no idea how to fix this!

20. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Does it cause some games to just crash on launch? Marvel Future Fight, Heroes Reborn, and now this... They've all just crashed on launch for me even though I'm on iOS 8.4.1. Really ticking me off that I can't play.