Universal Star Wars: Commander - (by LucasArts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #81 Rip73, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    Ah, I've seem it numerous times and done it a few as well.
    I genuinely wouldn't worry as it is a common mistake and the algorithm that analyses these things on the site interface does take your scenario as a factor.
    Either way, if that process doesn't work, there's the other methods and when someone from support is on to you by an email, they definitely are understanding and will sort it.
    Let me know if you hit a problem but I don't expect one here.

Edit. And oh yeah, you're guess is pretty spot on there as well as it is generally in the online games that the delay is longer and leads to those kind of situations.
    The extra layer can lead to up to 60 seconds of an extra delay so caution would be advised to everybody particularly in online games.

2. glecko

glecko Member

Dec 27, 2010
    somewhere in AZ
    I think was mentioned before but your troops AI is really awful. It often times prioritizes in this order - turrets, buildings, walls, attackers. Seldomly do my troops actually acknowledge they are ring fired upon and return fire.

Am I missing something?

3. Yeah very annoying thing. You must have multiple factions for each goals (attackers, walls etc) if not you're doomed.

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I've noticed that, it's been in softlaunch long enough you'd think that would be ironed out by now. Annoying that they stand there blasting a pointless wall that already has a huge opening while also being attacked.

5. The game was done from the start like that. We can just accept and deal with it. I'm at chapter 6 with all stars. So, it's possible.

6. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I'm excited to try this out!! Any tips/advice for someone starting out today?

7. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    In retrospect, Angry Birds: Star Wars is the best Star Wars game to come out in the past few years.

...how depressing.

8. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    What about the mobile version of KotOR?

9. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kinda funny how a Clash of Clans clone gets way more popularity than Star Wars Force Collection ever got here. SWFC is leaps and bounds better than another Clash clone, but I can't help but to play anything SW.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #90 psj3809, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Don't think it's funny. Think it's obvious. Clash of clans is popular, I would rather play this than a card game and I think people here agree. You might love force collection but most people didn't here. I love Star Wars but I didn't enjoy force collection at all

Just wish they would release some of the classic Star Wars games. Eg x-wing, rogue squadron and dark forces etc

So much potential for a great Star Wars game and we get a card battler? Pathetic. I do like commander but there still isn't some stunning Star Wars game available on iOS

11. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    As long as it's classic Star Wars I'm with you. Although, I'd rather some true new Star Wars (classic) games

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well i like the earlier stuff as well with the Clone Wars etc, plus its helped create a new generation of younger fan whos into Star Wars (due to the Clone Wars) so that actually helps all of us

Anyway Apple reimbursed me the £69.99 IAP (!) this morning so hats off to them. I had bought two IAPs (12.99 and 6.99) which were legit but no way that 70 one ! I went a bit IAP crazy with the two purchases as i had lots of itunes credit so to me its not 'real money' as i had vouchers for my birthday, no way would i normally spend that amount on IAPs.

Anyway enjoying the game, i had got to a certain point on my AUS account so now that its worldwide i bought IAP's to quickly advance to where i was previously on the AUS one.

The animations of the characters are very good, i find it annoying if you do a mission with say 10 soldiers and 2 wookies, even if 8 of them survive the mission you dont get them back at base. You have to build new soldiers all over again.

The missions arent bad, looking forward to seeing what this campaign thing is. I noticed when you try to attack another persons base the cost has gone up (was 100 gold, now i think its 300). I ran out of money looking at other bases (as they were too powerful) so in the end had to attack one which i lost at !

Not a bad game, shame its timers/IAP's etc, thats normally what i hate about iOS gaming but as i'm a big Star Wars fan i hate to say it i'm quite enjoying this.

Again still wish the classic games from yesteryear were out. I had an Android phone for about a month but did enjoy playing Jedi Knight on it (you had to copy the .wad file from the cd onto your phone) and that played very well. Thats one major thing i miss about Android, having those Star Wars games (and Quake II) on my phone

13. Well, build ressources first, that is the most important.

14. I've Star Wars Trench run on my iPad and it still works on it :)
    The Star Wars pinball game is a good game too...if you like pinball game.
    But i think every star wars fans are waiting one game now : Battlefront 3 from Dice.

15. London-SV

London-SV Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I don't understand everyone's problem with the IAP in these games, Clash of Clans is exactly the same price for gems and even the extra builders, nothing is locked out of the game that cannot be achieved without spending money.

The money is mainly just to speed things up for impatient people, I've played clash of clans for almost a year now and I've bought 2 extra builders for £10 and I've made very good progress, not once have I been forced to pay to progress but I have done through my own choice.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well the huge issue is the way 'some' games 'force' you to buy more and more

I do a mission, i build 10 troops, 2 get killed, why havent i got 8 troops left ? I have none and have to create a new team.

I get to a mission where i have to have a level 4 barracks, what do i do ? I have to upgrade my HQ. To upgrade my HQ i need other buildings to generate say 50,000 credits. I either have to grind for weeks on end or buy gems to quickly build these.

You know how these games work, theyre designed basically like a fruit machine to get money from you. The companies need profits so theyre not going to make it easy for everyone. You dont want to wait 12 hours for an important building as youre addicted to the game and only have an hour left of playing on your device before work/school, then buy expensive gems to quickly finish the building.

Yes no ones 'forcing' you to buy things but you know the principle behind it is to get money from you. Thats pretty bad really. Yes you and others may grind/be patient but so many people arent that used to this sort of model where you have to pay to get past long timers etc (hence Clash of Clans makes millions and millions). They sucker you in, you get addicted then start paying for IAP's over and over - Look at how much Candy Crush makes !

17. I waited 24hours to build my general quarter ^^'
    And about your troops, they'll stay on your reserve if you don't send them in the battle ;)

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah that i get but surely if my troops survive a battle i should surely get them back ? Crazy you dont, to me thats designed so you have to spend more. Surely let us keep our troops which dont die ?

I tried a few random battles (granted trying to find an 'easy' opponent) but everyone i found were tough as anything ! Again not saying its a conspiracy that they get you to fight tough opponents as you'll have to spend lots on another army but you never know ;)

During the soft launch i won about 4 battles as i had some really easy basic opponents. But now i'm trying battles (300 coins now not 100 !) and its like some super master of the game at a high level !

19. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #99 bigjack66, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Yeh they should, but they won't. Because they won't be able to milk those games for cash. So they'll just keep putting out crap like this! There's an expression I learned from my console games that applies to this, "Shovelware"! Copy and paste this over to the Assasins Creed card game reviews.

20. I prefer have nice new star wars game than port. Sorry, but we are on mobile plateform here. Not console. And about the online battle, yeah because now it's worldwide, you'll encounter more difficulty than before.