Universal Star Wars: Commander - (by LucasArts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 25, 2014.

1. I think actually they are targeting an October release date to match with the Star Wars Rebels cartoon in US.

I don't spend any bucks yet. You really need to upgrade all the ressources. That's the first priority in this game.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well if i play a freemium game a lot i will pay for an IAP, i would have done with this one (had lots of itunes vouchers for my birthday so it doesnt 'cost' me anything if you know what i mean) but as its AUS i couldnt use any of them. I'll be patient and wait, frustrating though !

3. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    #63 Gamer1st, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    I have the same or an older background with games, (started on arcade machines in the early 70s and a 2600 in 77ish) but I play and enjoy several timed games. Boom Beach is a lot of fun as are CoC, Pixel People, Pocket Planes, and Greedy Grub.
    When I don't have a large amount of time or don't want to get involved in something with a lot of depth they work as great time fillers. Get in, update a few things, have a few battles or launch a few planes and quit. And the only time I put any $ into them is if I catch myself putting a lot of time into one as a way to comp the dev.

As for the "don't download to send a message" argument, I look at them the same as shareware games. Don't pay if you don't like them, or pay more than a reasonable amount for what you get out of it. Grabbing a shareware game back in the day only rewarded the dev if you bought the whole game.
    I'll at least give this one a shot.

4. This game is only for Star wars fans. I mean. It's the story and the universe that keep you come back and play. It's like Tiny Death Star.

5. Ok, but if i was you. I will spend my money on premium games first. If you want some info ask me i'll ne happy to help you.

6. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
  7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Finally out worldwide

Right here i come ! Got lots of itunes vouchers for my birthday so spending a chunk on an IAP (i know i know !) will be good as i'll hit the ground running.

Was quite annoyed when i played this game on my AUS account and someone had invaded my base overnight ! They wont this time !

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Haha. Yup. I'll probably play for a day or two because I love the Star Wars universe... And then as soon as someone destroys my hard work (like they do in The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth), I'll just end up quitting and deleting the app. I honestly hate these invade-and-destroys-other-gamers'-hard-work kind of games.

On the bright side, for those who do like it, the game seems well produced.

9. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    That's the point, it's not like you loose progress. They raid your base get your resources ( a % of them ) and than you log and do the same. Raid , build, get resources, compete. When your town is destroyed it respawns, no biggie.

10. This game is not like The Hobbit, at All.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Too lazy to go through the pages, now it's worldwide does anyone that's played since softlaunch have info on the two sides?

What difference it makes in who you chose via play styles because of troops? Anyone have the better defences or are they basically just different skins?

12. Rebels are more powerful in attack, Empire has a better defense.

13. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    #74 pinOi32, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    Raiding other people's bases or doing single missions will also gain you extra resources.

If this game is similar to CoC, then the statement above is true.

Btw... When I 1st tried CoC, I have to admit, I wasn't impressed at first. Then a year or more later, I find out one of my friends (*cough* Donut *cough*) played this game so I gave it another go. I've been playing for about 2 months+ now.

Now idk if I'll be able to play another game similar to CoC, but I'll give this a shot.

...Yes, the timers are annoying, but this allows you to do something else while you wait for the timers to go down.

Finally, here's a tip: Notifications are useful for this type of game.

Edit: I can't even play it! Fu-

14. Why ? Nothing on my side.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I bought an IAP for £6.99. Went to buy a smaller one but nothing happened. Tried again and nothing. As it's online it seems sometimes there's a pause buying IAPs. My young daughter was pressing the button. Went to press again as it froze. Only clicked on yes for a £69.99 IAP !!!!

Panicked and contacted apple. Emailed them. Better get this money back !!!

Always heard about these stories and it's happened to me now !! The pause in buying IAPs is dangerous. I thought it didn't go through so started playing the game with my daughter and up popped the IAP confirmation right as we were collecting gems/money etc. As we were playing and pressing the screen the confirmation popped up. Frustrating !!

16. Arf...That's why i don't buy IAP

17. beaver_lions

beaver_lions Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Anyone have multiple device issues? I'm stuck on use overwrite or current game.

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #79 Rip73, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    Use this link, it is the quickest easiest way to ensure a refund and is more or less automated (sort of anyway).
    https://idmsa.apple.com/IDMSWebAuth/login.html?appIdKey=6f59402f11d3e2234be5b88bf1c96e1e453a875aec205272add55157582a9f61&language=US-EN

Just enter iTunes credentials and your purchase history will show up.
    Then the usual steps of report problem due to unintended purchase.
    Be sure and choose the "I didn't authorise this purchase" option and be sure and enter that you're intent was to buy the smaller iap bundle and that the delay caused a multi press of the button or a delay that resulted in an unintended multi purchase.
    It usually is pretty fast at authorising the refund.

If they turn down the refund in that method, which is pretty rare and generally only happens when people have abused the system, you can go through the normal process of report problem in iTunes purchase history on computer or in email receipt and simply enter more of the details you have above.
    I doubt if that will happen with your case there though as it is obviously a legitimate error and probably not in pattern with your purchase history, which is a factor, so it should proceed through smoothly.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks. That's the one I used. I was frustrated as it was taking ages for the IAP popups to appear. Sometimes 20-30 seconds. Perhaps as it's an online game it was taking longer. I thought it hadn't worked and them carried on playing

To be fair in my years of ios gaming and buying IAPS I've never had this problem before.