Universal Star Wars: Commander - (by LucasArts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 25, 2014.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I must admit watching Sankus videos it did make me want to try this. I've got low expectations as i'm nervous it'll be IAP ridden but from what i saw it looked decent.

I do hope that the soft launch means the devs 'may' balance it out a bit more or make it not so IAP intensive.

But granted it helps i'm a huge Star Wars fan but i'll give it a go, it cant be any worse than the 98 Star Wars card battlers which seem to keep coming out ;)

Still have dreams of a Dark Forces/Rogue Squadron retro game on iOS. Or just a Star Wars game where many of us cant wait to play it, most of the releases so far have been very poor/average

2. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    #42 rhljk14, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    Any update on when we might see a global release?

Someone? Anyone?

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #44 psj3809, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    What do you mean?

Aargh. Thought you meant this was out

4. Not yet. But i advice you to make an AUS account. Took me only 5 minutes to make and download the game. And it's much better than the Godus thing we had last week...
    Also, the heads up is for the new updates (campaign mission added)

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks but i'm not going to bother making an AUS account for one game. I'll be patient but i must admit its getting frustrating !

Glad to hear an updates out, please let me know if it makes the game much better. Is it grindy or not too bad ?

Just wish the devs would let us know when the games out.

6. #47 GreedPhantom, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    [AU Soft Launch] Star Wars: Commander - (by LucasArts)

Seriously. I didn't play COC. But this one is very cool. Is not too very grindy. And some things just surprise me like when OnE of your turret is down, it'll repair auto without any payment. Also, the mission are various. It's much a "kill-time" game than a true game. The Star-Wars verse is really well repected. You can choose between Empire or Rebel. The game has voice acting during events (they are nice) and multiple languages. The only thing very annoying, a constant connection to internet is required. Because all your data are on the Cloud.
    Music are fine, and animation/graphics are gorgeous.
    You can also made an online squad to visit your friends basement and there is PvP too.

And for the AUS account, trust me, they are more soft-launch there than anywhere. Trust me, more than one games to give it a try.

I recomend this game for ST Wars fan only.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Okay I did it! Set up an aus account and now have this

I'm impressed. About to complete chapter 2 and I haven't had to buy any IAPS or come close to it. Perhaps later it'll be pushing me to get some IAPS but so far not a need to at all

As a Star Wars I'm enjoying this a lot

8. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I had this when it was first soft launched and I wasn't impressed at all. I love this genre but the game was severely lacking and I lost interest very quickly and deleted

9. Glad you enjoy it. If you create a squad, send me a PM, i want to join yours :) (you'll see, no need to buy anything here just be careful with the prism)

10. Trust me, give it a try one more time. Don't trust me ? Check the updates list since july. You'll be impressed ;)

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Still enjoying it but got a bit stuck. Can't buy credits as I've no Aus credit

In the game I can't upgrade my hq (need 45000 alloys) which I need to do. Bit frustrating!

12. Have you enough ressources ? At your level, you should have 3 of each at level 3 ? If not, you didn't used your money wisely. You have to wait to have enough money now.

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Can I get this anywhere other than AU yet? I only have a UK and CA account and maybe use of a NZ but I don't want an account for every country in the world!

14. I think it's on NZ AppStore but i'm not sure.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Making wrong decisions become paywalls? That's just total fail.

16. Well, yes. It's freemium after all.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    This is getting ridiculous now. I used the contact address for the game from the NZ itunes store, contacted them to ask about when its worldwide

Just had an email back a few days later saying we dont deal with apps, wrong department, thankyou etc. Pathetic

I wish Apple would make sure contact addresses for apps were legit, too many times theres fake ones or websites which dont exist etc.

Call me old fashioned but in the old days you simply had an email address !

18. I don't think we'll we see it soon. They are missing things like campaƮgn (events) and factions too. I don't know for you, but this game is just killing my iPad battery life. I'm in Chapter 6. What about you ?

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Gave up. Reached that point where i was stuck, i did enjoy it and would have bought a decent priced IAP but couldnt as it wanted AUS money.

Like you say perhaps i messed up early on, but it'll want IAP's later for sure, did get attacked once which was annoying ! Overall i had a lot of fun

Found another contact address about the game so i've emailed them. Surprised they dont give a new date as they originally said Summer