Universal Star Wars Battlefront: Base Command (by EA)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheMerc, Sep 9, 2015.

1. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Few of the major news sites have reported on this, but EA has announced that Star Wars Battlefront: Base Command, a companion app to its console big brother Star Wars: Battlefront, is coming out November 17.

It'll be - brace for disappointment - yet another card game, with the added bonus that you'll be able to earn currency and unlockables for the console game as you play it.

Link: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-beta-announce

2. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    They could have ported the psp version of battlefront on ios but never mind,it's EA.
    At least we have Foursaken media and some other devoted indie developers.

3. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia

Ummmmm that was a different developer and from generations ago and would not be able to be linked with this new next gen console game which used the Frostbite engine........

4. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Trust me,EA can do anything with all their cash.

5. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Yeah, it'd be great to have the PSP Battlefront games on iOS (especially Elite Squadron and Renegade Squadron), but I still believe it'd be feasible to port the PS2 games too. Sure, that'd be a heavier and more complex endeavour than the PSP games, but when you notice the massive ports of games from that era we already have on iOS (GTA San Andreas, KOTOR, LEGO Star Wars and Stranger's Wrath, just to name a few), it doesn't sound that impossible. I could see Aspyr doing a terrific job of porting the first Battlefront (the Mac version of which they were responsible for). I'll admit, that's what I was hoping would happen around the time the new Battlefront drops. As it is, another Star Wars card game feels poor in comparison...

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #6 curtisrshideler, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    I, unfortunately, have yet to play a Battlefront game. I've got a PS3 and iOS. I'd love to see some ports on the App Store and PSN. There was a port to Mac by Aspyr a while ago. But now I can't find it. BF2 is on steam, but only for PC. EA should have tried to capitalize on this release by hiring Aspyr to port the original to iOS and also release it on Steam/Mac App Store. But we get another card game instead.

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have every single battlefront for the older PSP. I love them. I actually liked the first one that was released on the PSP.

If they made one for IOS I'd buy it in a second. It would be awesome.

Billy