Star Wars Battlefront 2 Classic(Just an Idea!)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by adamlax, Jan 25, 2018.

1. adamlax

adamlax Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    So I was just thinking about it... but would it be possibly for iOS devices to run a ported version of the 2005 version of this game. It's not too graphically complex and I feel it would play well as most third person shooters do on iOS. This is purely just a thought and not an actual game... just fantasizing about being able to play this game on my iPad!

Btw sorry if this was posted in the wrong forum...

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Damn. For a split second I thought this was real as it was in upcoming

3. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #3 Saucepolicy, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    I'll preface by saying I'd love to see "classic" Battlefront on mobile, but there are so many things working against this ever happening that I don't even like to entertain the thought.

1. It was built on a proprietary engine by Pandemic, who EA shut down years ago. Given the active modding community, it's possible that the source code has been preserved somewhere, however.
    2. It requires the developer to maintain multiplayer servers, which aren't cheap
    3. It's a premium product, which exacerbates the server cost burden (no ongoing revenue stream)
    4. It would compete with EA's current iteration of Battlefront on console, which is rife with F2P trappings and has already been a PR disaster for the company. The last thing they'd want to do is remind disappointed Battlefront players that the game they wanted was made over a decade ago. EA spent far too much money developing the new games to muddy the waters.

:)

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Wish the old clsssics could be resurrected. Eg Dark Forces and Rogue Squadron. Both would work well on iOS

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I would be happy with the original battlefront I still play it on my PS2 and I have battlefront 2 on pc
    It’s still a lot of fun to play the original on PS2 :) so many memories of fun gaming and battles against friends
    It was also the first game I got my oldest daughter to play with me and she still loves it too ha