Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #161 currymutton, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
    Concerned: I am a bit worried about the performance during that...well...massive...at the end of...It was stuttering bad 10 years ago.

Statement: My gaming pattern is shifting heavily from PC/Mac to iPad, so even though I have not repurchased any of the FF series, I have got this to fill my SciFi RPG void.

Wishing: Complete version of KOTOR2 please and yes, Legend of Grimrock -- I finished once on OSX and well, stopped in the middle of the second play ( rouge-less party).

2. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    So any chance Of this coming to iPhone? I'm really disappointed its not..

3. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Mocking: I think this going to iPhone version is very much like asking for BG:EE on iPhone.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cheers!

It'd be cool if could sit with you guys while drinking beer or something, and just playing iOS games like it was a LAN party, but with ipads and iphones :D

5. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Between all the iPad-exclusive games (boardgames for me, originally) and the weird hardware restrictions some developers are now including to prevent certain devices from playing their games, I'm rather glad I made the choice of replacing my 4th-gen iPod Touch last year with a 4th-gen iPad instead of a 5th-gen iPod Touch. :p

6. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Simply the best Star Wars game ever made guys, if you missed it on Xbox, swoop it up right now, it's worth double the price. Building your own lightsaber and choosing to go light side or dark side is just massive RPG fun. A true gem, no need to wait for impressions or be apprehensive about the price. Just make it happen and enjoy.

7. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    So, its been so long since I played this last...

Can someone, with more recent experience with the game, let me know what class of character they think is the best?

Thank you guys!

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I would love to know that also about ipad2.

9. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    It's smooth as butter on mini so I'm assuming that it's all good in ipad 2.

10. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    I prefer the Soldier/Jedi Guardian but that's just my preference,maybe scoundrel if you like sneaking around,and the other ones I don't remember-I haven't made a new game in a bit (I'm playing PC version,which is the one that was ported)

11. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Yes I am on an iPad 2 and it runs great...even better than the original on the Xbox!

However I haven't had a situation with a bunch of action going to really do a "stress" test.....that will come later in the game but I am confident it will handle it just fine. I actually can't think of any games that don't run well on the iPad 2.

Always remember that it is important to make sure you don't have any apps running in the background for optimal performance regardless of what device you are using.
    (About the only apps I ever run while I am gaming is iTunes/Pandora and those never seem to cause any problems)

12. mcorleonep

mcorleonep Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Sheesh, what a surprise that this came out today. I was expecting it to come out in at least a month or more after it was announced. After it was reported to run fine on the iPad 2, it should run great on my iPad 3. I was on the fence about Final Fantasy V but this is a much better value for $10 (that one is still $15 I believe for a Super NES era game with a minor facelift.) Downloading now. :)

13. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Hey devs,is there any way you could resize some stuff for iPhones and iPods? (Or the fifth gen one at least) I understand some stuff may be a little big,but it would be worth it for those of us who love the game :D if not,still amazing work on the port-I've seen a video of it (Sanuku's to be exact.)

14. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I'm also on iPad2 and it looks and plays great :)

15. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Thank you ShadowKing2214, thats what I started to chose but, then I figured I would jump back on here to see what everyone else thought.

16. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Recalling: it was like a low pressure (depression if you insist) hanging over your head in a hot summer day back in the "Upcoming" forum before this game hits the store...

Statement: I am not posting any further other than game play related. Shiny, who cares about having no RD?

Farcry: I am so happy (after spending US$10) that I don't care about RD or not!

Statement: Yes, there are 2 mini-games in here.

Statement: Can I blast him now, Master?

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You did good. How do you fancy linking us to some giant screenshots? ;)

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for the response!

EDIT: Twenty One thanks for the reply also.

19. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I'm in my mid 30s and I like achievements just fine, thank you very much. The added meta game aspect adds fun for me. The great thing about the achievements is that you don't have to do anything if you don't want to. Done and done :)

[​IMG]

;)

I honestly cannot believe that you, or ANYONE, would make that comment. $10 for a game that gives you hundreds of hours of game to play? $10 is a great price for this deep a title, and for an amazingly smooth and perfect port.

I hear that! Games like this make beautiful use of the super long iPad battery ;)

20. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I'm partial to the dark side force user. I don't want to give any spoilers but I suppose that the existence of force lightning isnt really a spoiler...so...force lightning.