Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thank you! I'm glad your games never have to leave my devices.

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Me too...sigh...

3. Bunion

Bunion Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Currently on sale at 50% off for a limited time!

4. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    May the Fourth be with you. Perfect time to get this before the RPG Reload playalong, if anyone doesn't already have it. I intend to start it for the first time today - a year after getting it...

5. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    May the Forth be with Ya!

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Happy star wars day evvyone!

7. paolopingol

paolopingol Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    IT Programmer/Digital Arts
    May the 4th be with you!

8. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Anyone have any input on if this runs on an iPad 2? I'm going on a long plane ride next week and would like to finally give this a shot but all I've got is an iPad 2 or an iPhone 6S. I imagine it runs better on the 6S but the bigger screen would definitely be a big plus.

9. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Has anyone had any issues with using their steel series iOS controls with this game. I checked and my controller is working for all my mfi games but not here. Anyone know anything would be a lot of help.
    I have tried reset my tablet, reset controller and Bluetooth, turning app on and off, turning off and on controller while in game.

10. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    From the blurb on the game itself:

"Note: This game is compatible with iPad 2, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and iPhone 4s and newer. THE GAME WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES!"

Looks like you'll be OK. That said, it supposedly has iCloud support too, so you can flip from iPad to iPhone if you find the performance is a big laggy.

11. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    One of my favorite rpgs, but I beat it like 3xs already on my Xbox so I'm not sure if I can justify another play thru. I am tempted though being that I m a big Star Wars geek. I see there's an issue with mfi controls. I wonder if this is a widespread problem or just an isolated issue

Anyway, this is one incredible game. I wish they would port the second one over already. I never got around to finishing it. I'd buy that instantly. Happy Force Day everyone

12. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    What's the deal with that KOTOR 2 thread that came and went? Had me actually browsing Aspyr's apps just in case.

13. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    What?

14. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Some idiot thinking he's funny.

15. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Replaying this for the first time since original PC release, because I unexpectedly wound up owning a new Gamevice controller for my iPhone 7 Plus. There are a lot of situations where it's just easier and/or more intuitive to tap the screen rather than use the controller. But, the controller does make basics of moving around much easier and more pleasant. Also, helps eliminate tapping the wrong dialog/item due to screen size or physical impairment. Eliminates screen clutter too as you can turn off some virtual controls and your finger isn't always in the way.

Couple of oddities should be noted. First, you have to start the game, THEN plug in the Gamevice. It's just this game, and I have no idea why or if other controllers are affected. Second, that cute "Easter egg" from the original computer & console versions of being able to see FPS-style through the character's eyes becomes accessible again with a controller. On Gamevice, it's the R2 (large right shoulder "trigger"). I seem to recall it being a more interesting little feature in KOTOR 2 though.

Speaking of which, what's the final word on any porting of that one? I recall its initial release was incredibly buggy and screamed "rushed out the door" with half of the game's content deactivated. So, maybe it's better off not being ported. Especially since all the things that make it playable now, like user mods to fix content and update textures, would be unavailable to us. :(

16. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Oh, forgot to add that a controller makes the mini games actually playable again. God, what was Aspyr thinking? Swoop races are almost fun now. Almost.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I personally never had any problems with swoop bike racing on the touch screen after a few tries when it clicked with me, but yeah, i can see how some may struggle here.

KOTOR 1 is one of my alltime favorite games so im just glad i have it on the ipad with me. KOTOR 2 sure was buggy, but it was more expansive and has a very flexible character customization system compared to the first's very limited options.

18. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Does anyone know how this plays on the iPhone 7+ on iOS 11? Just curious if it's super buggy or still good to play?

19. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    New update to fit new screens. Is the resolution better too? There was no retina in the beginning and I have not kept up with this thread.

20. bruab

bruab Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    It doesn't work at all on the 11 Pro Max. It's not determining the screen size correctly, so only the lower left quadrant of the screen is visible, so you can't press any of the buttons to get past the intro screen.