Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Me and my brother both just installed this, I played until I got off the ship and enjoyed every bit of it. My brother, in the other hand quit and deleted after not even 5 minutes. So glad this made it to iPod 5!

2. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    How can I use the vibration cell? Thanks

Attached Files:

3. HungarianUrinalCakes

HungarianUrinalCakes Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    It's unfortunate when people don't give these great classics a fair chance. It really is their loss. This game is the reason I bought an XBOX so many years ago and I nearly bought an iPad just for this game. I'm still having a hard time believing that I carry this game in my pocket everywhere I go. I can only hope they port KOTOR II.

My only complaint is the control method. I haven't got the hang of it. I really wish they had a floating joystick option.

4. mysw1

mysw1 Member

Oct 11, 2013
    I actually enjoy the controls. It's a great stylus game, kind of relaxing as you can play it with one hand.

5. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Go to a workbench. Have an item you can put it in. Click to upgrade that weapon. Click the slot for it.

6. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Ok thanks!

7. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Just picked this up for my fifth gen iPod. Loads of fun I assume is about to happen

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Blasting through this game with dual pistols - high hopes, or doable?

9. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    People have played the game through with blaster builds, iirc-- but it requires a lot of planning and very good equipment choices.

10. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Very difficult to do but impressive if you can pull it off,since Jedis tend to either block your shots or have energy shields on. Or both,spend your level up points carefully though

11. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    As I remember it, there's no more fun way to play this game than dark side force lightning. Opening a door and shredding a whole room full of guys w lightning is pure joy.

12. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I did the whole force/lightsaber thing back in the day when this game came out for the xbox, but never had the guts to go straight blaster pistols. Was just wondering if it's even possible lol

13. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    You mean ALL in your party just with blaster pistols?

14. bearbear222

bearbear222 New Member

Mar 1, 2013
    How does this play on the phones small screens?
    Sadly Santa didn't bring an iPad and would love to play this again no questions asked if i had an iPad but worry about the controls on the iPhone 5

15. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    They're definitely a little fiddlier on the small screen. I'd pause in combat a bit more frequently than on the iPad or other devices, because finger-slips did happen more often. Given that I have both formats, I don't think I'll bother with the iPhone version at all now I've tried it (especially without iCloud sync), but if I had the choice between this version and no version, it's a no-brainer.

It's not that it's difficult to know what to press/where - just that the buttons are really small, and there are way more of them than in your average game, so you need a bit more focus than normal.

16. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I think that over the course of an hour, the fiddliness means I've wasted maybe 2 mins on correcting/slowing down to avoid miss-taps, but it's the type of game where that makes no difference to your ability to play through it, and very little difference to your enjoyment of it.

17. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #917 Cilo, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    Lol nah just my main toon.

I've been playing on my iPhone 5 and it plays great except for 2 things, the action menu does get annoying unless I haven't figured out how to change it - it should've been designed in a way where you swipe to pick your actions (same goes for hot bar items), but instead you click it and it takes you to a sub menu. You might think swiping would be even more obtrusive, but I think it is more jarring to be thrown into an overlay submenu every single special action rather than staying on the same screen and only seeing a swipe action animation.

The other issue is the help tooltip button should not be present at all times. It's right in-between quick save, and the inventory button, again unless there's a way to remove it that I don't know about. You'll tend to quickly hit either quick save or inventory, and tap the help icon by accident and get a tutorial overlay. Really annoying later on in the game.

18. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Been playing on a fifth gen iPod (same screen size.) and it plays pretty well,I haven't had a problem with the controls at all (well maybe how you select which attack to use,can't just scroll in between your available ones like on PC-gotta hit the arrow and select it-but that's more of a preference thing anyway.) I'd say but it now while it's on sale

19. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    A bit confused on the controls.

Can someone explain? :D

20. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Do you have specific questions? Happy to help if I can.