Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Yes. You do. Use appbackup if jailbroken

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Like, go back to the hideout? Unfournently not. It's disabled in the sith base.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    For backups on any device, you can possibly use iExplorer or a similar PC tool that allows to explore the archives of the iPad. I guess that it should be okay to copy the "documents" folder to the PC, but I'm not sure where the savegames are stored.

4. leonheart1

leonheart1 Active Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Actually I backed it up by copying the folders in iTunes following the instructions given by the publishers.

@pocket if you miss so much, don't use two handed weapons or dual weapons. They're useless without the skill upgrades.

5. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Well I would just use burst of speed and book it out of there,or put up an energy shield if you have one. A healing force power never hurts-and keep stocked up on med kits

6. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks, unfourntently, the door out of the room with the droid is locked with an impossible lock. I'm basically stuck here.

7. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    T3 has a droid stun ray equipped automatically,stun him and dump a ton of damage into him and he should go down quick. Use melee weapons so you don't need to pop the energy shield

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Updated with "minor bug fixes and updates". Hopefully that means improved controls and shadows, downloading now.

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #769 VirtualBoyFreak, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    I don't think shadows have been implemented. It's a delta update (that's their names, right?) which is very small in size. I've just updated through the iPad and I'll check it now though. EDIT: they haven't added shadows, as expected. I guess they fixed all the "I'm trapped" and "I can't advance because..." Bugs that have been reported.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah i dont see any shadows either... Not that im really expecting it to show on the ipad mini which doesnt have that much power if they did.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's an original Xbox game from 200(3?). I just for the life of me cannot see why they toned the graphics even more. Rockstar has always done the best iOS ports - updated Retina graphics, improved lighting effects, updated textures, multiple control options, and it's all very stable and bug-free. As a port, this ain't too hot, which is a shame. It's better suited to touch than any R* game. *sigh*

12. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Anyone tested this on iOS7?

13. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    On iPad3, smooth as silk. Play 5 minutes, defeat a mid-level boss.

14. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Anyone that wants this but thought expensive... Get it now half off.

15. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Rather cheesed off now.

I bought this full price at launch and have about 21 hours on my saved game but have not played for a month or so.

Today I noticed that its icon was very dark but I didn't think anything of it, 5 mins ago I thought I'd see where my saved game was but now the game wont load. :(

When I touch the icon it says 'waiting...' And doesn't load.

Even a hard reset didnt fix it, is my saved game lost forever? :(

Not sure I can take starting anew and going through Taris again.

16. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm actually kind of with you on that. I got this at full price after having played the original version and beaten it years ago. I didn't even get that far on Taris before I stopped playing. I really want to play this on my new iPad, but I would also have to start over. I really wish there was a "cheat" or something that let you start as a Jedi at the part of the game where it opens up to all the different planets.

17. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Mene, that usually indicates it is attempting to download the app (an update perhaps), but is unable to for some reason. Maybe you are low on device space. Download the update on your computer and then sync to the iPad. Your game and data should all still be there. I hate when this happens and can be really frustrating.

When you tap the app icon, you are telling the OS to try again to download the update.

If this isn't related to a failed update attempt, then I don't know what else could be happening. Curious to know what you find out.

18. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    There is a mod for the PC version to skip Taris completely,I think it's supposed to work for iOS as well but I wouldn't try it so it won't break your game

19. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I sure wish there were a tiny version of this I could play on my iPhone. I know it's little, I just like it more. It's always in my pocket.

20. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    I can't believe how much I'm loving this game. I bought it when it went on sale (before I even had an iPad!) and now I feel guilty about not paying full price...

Smooth as silk on my new Air. I never played any previous versions, so I can't compare, but wow. The depth is amazing.