Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Good choice. An amazing port of an amazing game.

2. Kirs

Kirs Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Large open world?
    You get to purchase and travel in your own vehicle?

3. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    #723 Pivi, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    Just. Wow. I have heard of Kotor before, but I wouldn't have thought that it'll be this awesome of a game. I'm currently at the endgame of Baldur's Gate, and I've bought Kotor during the sale, but now I have to fight with myself to finish BG before Kotor. :)

Finally an RPG, where swordfight really looks like a swordfight, and not just cutting each other in turns. I'm sold.

On a side note, I don't think the movement control is bad, it's a little bit similar to Horn, and I enjoyed that too.

4. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #724 MrMojoRisin, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    Yeah, I always loved the fighting animations in this game. Whether it's one sword on one sword, two on one, two on two, or a staff on one or two, you actually see them clashing and dodging realistically. Sure, they are canned animations and there aren't THAT many of them, but it is awesome to see in an RPG and the fights are quick enough that it's not usually that obvious that they are using the same animations over and over.

Oh, and wait until you get lightsabers. :D *Star Wars fangasm*

5. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Yeah, I see that the fighting is based on the same "choreography", but it's a pleasure to look at. I've always wished for battles like this in RPGs. :)

6. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Still the force choke is the king in this game ... Just my opinion

7. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    I'm hoping they make enough money to part 2 and 3 on iPad also. I will be again willing to pay $10 and not wait for sale.

And Star Wars console games I would be willing to pay for I guess.

8. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    how much replayability is there? and does it run good on the ipad 2?

9. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    There is only part 2. Star Wars: The Old Republic is considered unofficially as part 3 and is about the only reason I would consider playing an MMO.

10. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    Tons of replayability, not counting the fact that a first play through can easily top 40-50 hours, the most common second playthrough is to just be the opposite side of the force, (light side one playthrough, dark side the other) this game will last you.

As for ipad 2, I have heard it runs just fine but I don't know first hand.

11. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Still dreaming of one day being able to have this on my iPhone 5 and literally being able to play KotOR whenever I feel the urge. Before you say it can't be done remember Bastion. I swore that would've never worked. Now I prefer it on my phone vs my iPad.

12. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    Bastion and kotor are definitely not comparable. The amount of text and menus in kotor does make it impossible. Just take a screenshot of the menu and zoom out as far as you can and it will be perfectly clear that there is no way there is enough room for all the buttons and text.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... some of the computer console menus give you ELEVEN choices, which is what i can remember. I dont know how they can put 11 buttons on the iphone :D

If they somehow did, it would probably take too much work, and not make it worth the effort. For one, we already see the game being dropped in price.

14. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    So torn on getting this. I have the PC version (unfinished) so buying it again for iPad seems a waste but then I hardly play games on my comp now and spend more time on the iPad.

15. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Well either get now half off or later at full price. I paid full and it's worth it.

16. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    If you even remotely think you'll play it, getting it now for 5 bucks is a hell of a steal.

17. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    2 quick questions, how does this run on the ipad 2? and is there many decesions that effect the story?

18. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    Everything you do or say to a person in the game affects the story because each character has a meter where it takes into account the things you do and what that character thinks about it, for example if you are dark side and your party is full of light side, you will either start upsetting them more and more with each choice, or you will start pushing them towards the dark side. There are larger situations such as completely different ways quests play out if you are going light or dark. Like in light you have to infiltrate and destroy a gang, as dark, you may take the side of the bad gang and help them out instead. That sort of thing. For being an old game, they went really far with the different choices.

19. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Runs fine on my iPad 2. Haven't noticed any frame rate drops.

20. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    This my first play of this game ever, yup I never got around to playing KOTOR, and man I'm in love. I'm playing it on my mini and it runs sweet as a nut no probs that I've noticed. Really enjoyable game, And you don't have to be a Star Wars nut to love it.