Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    It was a valid question. I find your lack of faith disturbing. [FORCE CHOKE]

2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    After buying this on release day and struggling like crazy with the duelling, I deleted it and bought the Steam version.

I've now got past the same point and I truly believe there is a bug in the ipad version. Why?

Ipad version, I was playing a level 7 scoundrel and Marl killed me incredibly easily, almost one shotting me. I tried and tried, didn't even get time to use medpacks.

PC version, playing a scoundrel again, took the same skills, I enter the duel at level 5. 2 levels lower than my ipad char and it was easy, I beat him and had 70% health left.

I think this proves beyond doubt the ios version has some kind of bug.

I hope they'll look into it and fix it, I'd re download it again if it was fixed.

3. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Seriously, people actually go light side in this? Dark side lightning nuke is the only way i roll.

4. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    If you go full dark side you will miss unique items and even some characters you could recruit later in party.
    I'm more on light side, sometimes I go dark side because I don't want to have whole wall of text to read and explain myself, or NPCs just piss me off too much, but I coldn't possibly refuse to help poor woman with children whose husband was shot and robbed by his fellow hunters or any other civilian with similar problems.
    And Bastilla is sexy so that keeps me from going on dark side, from what I have learned from SW is that dark side guys always loose/ kill their female companions.

5. Ashraam

Ashraam Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    France
    imho i only keep Bastila because of her buffs.

So far i'm playing a Dark side jedi guardian, with high str, and decent dext and charisma (force persuade ^^). Now i'm waiting for upari crystal + heart of guardian + dragon crystal combo on a doublebladed lightsaber ^^

6. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    The Force will change you. It will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting and controlling this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they accomplish.

True power can come only to those who embrace the transformation. There can be no compromise. Mercy, compassion, loyalty: all these things will prevent you from claiming what is rightfully yours. Those who follow the dark side must cast aside these conceits. Those who do not—those who try to walk the path of moderation—will fail, dragged down by their own weakness.

So..... Basically yay darkside!

7. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Been away from the game for a couple of weeks but:

"Translation: 2% probability that the miniature organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted. That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."

Ah, HK-47, it's been a while...

8. KnightWhoSaysNi

KnightWhoSaysNi New Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has passed the third swoop race on Tatooine on the iPad. And if so, how? I've tried and tried for here days now and the closest I get is 23:11. I need to beat 22:51 (I think that's the correct time)

Only problem with the game so far is the swoop racing. Using my finger to control the swoop bike, and tapping to shift gears is extremely difficult. When I try to steer my swoop bike it will shift gears when the bar isn't quite full, and will lose momentum.

I've searched everywhere looking for a solution for his but can't find anything.

Being a perfectionist with games like this, I really want to complete this quest, so if anyone can help, it would be appreciated

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    If there is, it's a specific one and not a general one. I sliced and diced poor Marl.

10. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    So have I. He is also the only person in the entire forum complaining about this issue.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I did, and I guess many others here too. You just need to lift your finger from the screen when you want the swoop racer to stop turning, instead of trying to correct its route by swiping to the other side. By lifting the finger and grabbing all the accelerators you can win the race. It's not easy, but you can do it.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wait til you get to the swoop bike race in manaan.

Anyways, ive managed to snag first place in that too. ;)

13. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I don't know if I'll have to restart the game or what, but I'm in the Black Vulker (spelling?) base and to deactivate the security drones, I need one more spike then I have. My party is also low on health without any med packs so I can't really go exploring for more without dying... I don't want to start over, but if I have to, I'm willing...

14. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    There is a second way to deactivate turrets - with officer ID which can be found on ( can't remember which NPC ) dead body.If you're out of medpacks and party is hurt bad , backtrack to base exit and use "return to apartment" for instant healing ( or just visit heal center nearby ).Always have plenty of medpacks and advanced ones with you , even after your characters get heal power.

15. KnightWhoSaysNi

Jun 19, 2013
    Not 100% sure what you're trying to say. Hitting all the accelerators seems near impossible to me. I've tried lifting my finger but most of the time the momentum of the bike carries the it past the pad and then I try to compensate.

This is easily the most frustrating aspect of this game on the iPad. Had no trouble on original Xbox with this.

16. KnightWhoSaysNi

Jun 19, 2013
    How did you do it?

17. ttocs

ttocs Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Sr. Data Analyst
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, this was impossibly hard. For the story related mission I was able to win, but for the Hutt swoop racing events on Tattoine were just impossible.

18. ThreadbareConnor

ThreadbareConnor Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Associate Producer
    Oakland, CA
    Can't wait for my ipad

First thing I'm downloading.

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    That's exactly what I did. I didn't hit all the accelerators, but most of them. You have to calculate the momentum and compensate by slight touches on the screen. It's hard, sure, but you'll get it eventually. Never played on another device, but it's sure the most difficult part of the game.

20. KnightWhoSaysNi

Jun 19, 2013
    Finally!!! I finally beat the third tier swoop race on Tattooine!! Had one time of 22:53, then I had I time of 22:52. Finally won with 22:15!

I was swiping my finger to get the bike to move instead of leaving it on the screen. The bike moved much better then.

Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions!

Next up, Manaan. <sigh>