Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. jironamos

jironamos Member

Feb 2, 2013
    mistypo

2. Christian86

Christian86 Active Member

Jan 11, 2013
    So does anyone know of a good 2/18 consular build(darkside) I.e should I go scout or scoundrel(would prefer not to be pushed into using sneak attack$

3. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Huh???

4. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Before I rant let me put one thing straight. I love KotoR, its one of my fave games of all time.

But...

This version is an absolute JOKE, I have spent the last 4 days trying to kill ONE person. I played this many years ago on Xbox, I had no problems beating this person then.

I have now deleted this game in disgust.. I have no idea what they have done to ruin it but its impossible to beat Marl at duelling.

He one shots me EVERY time.. No matter what I do.

I'll go buy it off steam now as I still want to play but this ios version is a JOKE!!

5. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    So you are getting old and aren't as good at games as you used to be. You are delusional and the only person on the entire forum who has tried to claim this. Marl isn't even hard, maybe you should have spent those 4 days leveling up and getting stronger instead of repeating a battle you know you can't win.

I hope you do buy it on steam so you can see that it's just you.

6. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    I was levelling up, there is nowhere else to go now but a certain building that ends this planet.

Yes I am old, how kind of you to notice.. Maybe I should stop gaming and get in my coffin?

7. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    Marl seems to think you should. ;) (sorry, had to. And just teasing.)

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahaha! You made my day man.

Anyways im with you guys. Marl is still a pushover. Level up a little, and pop a stimulant or 2 and show him that the strength of youth beats the wisdom of experience.

9. Carnegie

Carnegie Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Hell no, always on the side of the older folks. Wisdom beats youth any day :)

10. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I have no idea how someone killed all the diseased sewer dwellers, took down the whole gang of baddies, and defeated an entire army of sith, but can't handle an old guy who is only halfway through the tiers of duelists. I beat marl before I even got in the elevator to go down to the second level.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Maybe... as im getting older meself... But not with Marl, versus your character.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It would be funny to know the average age of the people writing here. It might be higher than expected, and I'd be over the average too :D

13. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Statement: Define "average"... :D

14. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I have a feeling that I'm WELL over the average age on here. Put it this way, in gaming terms, I was around 12 years old when the arcade version of Pong came out. *cough*

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Antique alert! :D

16. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    Mene,

1. What is your build?
    2. What points did you put into your attributes?
    3. What feats do you have?
    4. What equipment are you using?

I also had trouble with Marl, but defeated him on my 2nd attempt by changing tactics:

I believe I started duelling just before breaking into the Sith base, and had completed the undercity plot-lines. I found Marl difficult, because I initially resorted to using a pair of heavy blasters and tried to 'pew pew' him. I certainly wasn't one-shotted, but could not make much headway again his melee attacks.

I changed tactics for my 2nd attempt: injected strength stimulant, began by 'pew pewing' Marl - then switched to dual-wielding blades, and sparingly using the Flurry [feat].

I'm playing on difficult, and must admit that there have been a number of spots that have required re-loading and/or a change in tactics. Most of the times, it requires a different approach. Remember Einstein's quip about insanity ..

17. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Or a stun gernade works also

18. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    i think it's not that hard to defeat Marl
    i do it before getting into the swoop race
    i play as a scout with dual wielding vibroblade :D

19. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    I really appreciate your help but I did delete it and am now playing it on my pc, yeah it means I have to turn the desktop on to play but whatever.

Thanks again :)

20. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    For each their own. I felt te same way about the sand people until I gained a couple levels. After that I was flicking them off like gnats.