Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    There isn't really anything, at the EA press conference at e3 there was a trailer that piggybacked another trailer, and it showed an icy planet, but as you see the crashing hoth speeder/ship/a-wing and the AT-At foot, you realize it's hoth. Then it cuts to black and says Star Wars battlefront (no numbers, just battlefront. It's being made by DICE, the Battlefield developers, and will use DICE's Frostbite 3 engine. No release date or platforms were announced.

2. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012

My 2 guys died from
    sith apprentice at the dragons lair
    so I ended running all over placing mines to kill him. Run awaaaaaay.

Has any one else noticed that sometimes after 2 of your party dies if you try to exit the map or as in tatooine you get to the border.... They will magical live again? Not all the time and not always both of them but it has happen enough times to me. A small glitch but a very welcomed one for me.

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    As long as one of your party lives through a battle, the others will always survive. (get back up again) They will need to be revived with medpacks or whatever though. It's only when all of your party are defeated that you actually "die." (game over)

4. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #604 Aventador, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    Still considering if I should go all Anakin Skywalker like on Sand people or try to communicate with them.Tatooine is my favorite planet , walking around desert, being ambushed by Sand People and talking with Javas is so much fun.
    When Star Galaxy map first showed up I thought that it's showing a projection of some quasi prototype of Death Star, really hope that's not the case of Star Forge.Didn't put many hours before into it, but I'm correcting that mistake now and doing all the side quests , 14 hours in with all side quests done on first 2 planets ( didn't explore the crystal caves on Dantoine thought ) and a little bit on Tatooine.

5. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Actually I meant to say during a battle they will be reanimated again. As I ran away from someone after they both died I tried to exit and that's when they lived again.

6. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Do it! I love just force choking them to death.

7. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    I disagree.

Whilst the pause option in ME - selecting your party's abilities, positioning your party, and re-equipping party members, for example - provides an illusion of turn-based combat, it [combat] is very much real-time reaction / twitch based combat, utilising the cover system and environment.

It can be a little tricky re-positioning your party using the Xbox 360 controller (don't get me started on the Asari clone controlled by the Thorian on Feros), let alone in the middle of a fire-fight where you have to manually aim and move - even with the welcome respite of the pause button to implement one's tactics. I *shudder* to think of doing the above using a touchscreen interface.

I've not even mentioned those damn Mako missions! ;)

FWIW, I absolutely *love* Mass Effect. However, I am not a fan of touchscreen controls for action-adventure type games. Loved GTA on PC many, many years ago. Deleted on iOS because I found it [controls] far too difficult. Same with Bastion. Xbox 360 controller is perfect for the above.

Just my $0.02c. I do agree with your sentiment that at least for A5 devices and above, we should hopefully see more games of this quality ported over. I said, "ported" because I agree with Eli vis-a-vis new IPs on iOS are far too much of a financial risk for developers to consider with the current App-store mind-set.

On another tack, 21 hours plus on Taris and Dantooine and I'm *still* ploughing through Dantooine!

8. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Chuckles: Action RPG? This is where iCade comes in...

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    #609 HLW, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    I bought this days ago but only just went to play it, I forgot there were so many choices - which class, what level to become a Jedi, what Jedi class!
    Scout starts with Flurry, and I remember thinking that was a good skill, so I'll choose Scout. 5/15 for the non-Jedi/Jedi level distribution seems very familiar too. I'll worry about which Jedi class when I get to that bit I think...

at least I remember what my character's name is

Edit: what? I have to choose skill point distribution too! Argh I think I might just go back to Scurvy Scallywags, KOTOR's giving me a headache already.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    When you quit from a battle far enough, the game considers the battle "finished" and, according to the game rules, the "dead" characters (they are technically stunned, not dead) recover a bit of energy. That's why they recover when you go to the border, because you are quitting from the battle. In fact, that's how
    I killed the rancor. I hit him with a grenade and ran away, always having a character alive. Yeah, it's a bit freak to kill the rancor like that, but I didn't find the normal solution :D

11. ThreadbareConnor

ThreadbareConnor Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Associate Producer
    Oakland, CA
    getting an i pad shortly. this will be played.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I need help towards my "light side game":
    I am just about to meet Hulas in Manaan to join Genoharadan. Should I join or not?. I don't get light points for not joining, but I'm afraid that doing one of his missions will grant me dark points. What do you recommend?
    Thanks.

13. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    This is tempting but get back to me when they port Planescape: Torment.

14. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Addition: Along with KOTOR2 (completely restored), DA, original Dues Ex, Thief 1 Gold & 2 and EOB2, my good o'RPG desire will be complete.

15. jironamos

jironamos Member

Feb 2, 2013
    #615 jironamos, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    wow.. playing time is great. i wanna buy this game but...

wierd.

isnt that Disney has Lucas Art's copyright?
    i've never heard of Aspyr Media inc. before.
    i think Disney gonna rerelease this game with thier own way.

16. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Dysney???

17. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    They make Mac ports.
    http://www.aspyr.com/

I'm sure Disney is getting profit

18. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Aspyr is a company that specializes in Mac ports of big name games, they are all over the Mac App Store and have ported everything from borderlands 2 to kotor for Mac, they are one of the best porting teams and usually do way more than just wrapping the game in wine.

Also please learn capitalization and at least a little bit of spelling and sentence structure, you don't need to be perfect but it actually took some time to decipher what you were actually saying.

19. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Is there any announcement of them bumping the iOS 6 requirement down just a tad? I would really enjoy playing this on my iPad, but still don't want to update to iOS 6.

I'm obviously in the minority, though, as according to Apple's recent keynote, the percentage of people on iOS 5 is... pathetic compared to who is on iOS 6 haha. :eek:

20. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I doubt it, because then people would be able to install the game on iPad 1, and then they would whine and leave bad reviews when it doesn't work. I assume that's the reason for requiring iOS 6, anyway.