Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    For future reference all games need more than double the space to download and then install. It's just more obvious on a large game, you get it back during a restart or usually just from the system automatically clearing its cache.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahahaha... I laughed so hard at this.

But i do agree though. If ever (IF EVER) they do charge $100 for an iphone version, the general iOS consumers will seriously whine and complain about the price.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Does this have iCloud saves?

4. None that I've seen

Another question: Can we have multiple save games?

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup...

6. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Lol so true. Wait for a sale

When this came out I think for quick but 15 would be the most. After that I have to explain to my wife why I need this.

7. jironamos

jironamos Member

Feb 2, 2013
    im curious about playing time of this game.

8. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Many hours, probably around 40 for first play through, a little less for an opposite force side play through and many more when you fall in love with it and play it over and over

9. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I completed the game last night, and my playing time was just under 44 hours. But that was without completing some of the side missions. If you were to do everything there is to do in the game, I think it could easily last for around 50 hours.

10. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Hi guys

I've just become a jedi and I have access to the star map. Any recommendations to my first destination? (Or where not to go first!)

Also, any tips on where to get a decent Jedi costume? My current robes are just 'Jedi knight' thanks :)

11. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Tantooine if you
    were able to convert Juhani to the light side,she can help fight sand people pretty well
    and the best robes you can get are Jedi Master robes I think,make sure you give all other Jedi good gear too

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Star wars battlefront was announced guys

13. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    YES!

And DICE (Battlefield Dev) is making it which is the PERFECT match!

I'm pretty sure with he new EA deal that Bioware will probably add some new staff to do a new KOTOR game...and I expect to hear some info about it soon.

14. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Actually they were making a KOTOR 3,but it was cancelled because of a license running out I think. They had built several areas but couldn't go further,that's what I read anyway

15. Shane Turner

Shane Turner Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Montreal
    This game came out just when I was going into the rurals for a week, took my ipad with me and got quite a ways into it!

Controls--honestly, I hardly ever have an issue with them. I think occasionally I've gotten messed up switching between characters in battle while getting used to how it works. Selecting enemies is easy as pie.

This just goes to show that games like ME could totally work on iPad. I wonder how well it is doing on the app store. Wish there was a way to see the statistics easily. I want there to be more hardcore games for iOS.. seriously.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #596 VirtualBoyFreak, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    Argh!
    I didn't find a way of converting Juhani to the light side! :( What a shame. I thought she was impossible to convert. Nonetheless, the android AK-42 was of great help fighting the bounty hunter you fight after killing the dragon and watching the Star Map in the cave. He was the only one alive in my party to kill the bounty hunter. The main character and Bastila died very quickly. Light sabers were no good against him. Grenades and a fire launcher were much better :D And I didn't have to fight many sand people because I got to talk with them. They even told me the story of their tribe.

Can you give more info? I can't find anything. Is it iPad only? What Battlefront are we talking about? There were many. Thanks

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its obviously a new Battlefront. EA have announced they're doing a new Battlefront game, unsure of the platforms yet. There is the huge E3 conference going on in San Francisco, you must have read about it ? So certain new games have been announced etc (and something called ios 7 !)

18. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Make sure you have high amounts of health when you go into fights like that,
    my team was all living and it was Juhani,myself (a Jedi guardian/Soldier),and Bastilla worked pretty well on Calo Nord,as for HK-47 (you called him AK-42 :p) he would've been helpful too,ranged combat mixed with melee tends to help :D make sure your Jedi have the power cure/heal/whatever the third upgrade is if they're light,it'll heal all human members a bit (usually by 20 or so HP) and it saves you a LOT

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Complaint: it is HK-47, not AK-42 or AK-47, or AK-74 or HK-42, meatbag! :mad:

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yeap, sorry... :D