Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. moeTi

moeTi Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    ok, I'm used to it not being allowed in Bethesda games (Elder Scrolls, Fallout).

I didn't feel any consequences by now, but I just started and wanted to know if it has any longterm effects or something

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    As far as i can remember, about 90% of RPGs are like that. By your claim, they are all non-RPGs? :D

Kidding aside, i think they did that to balance being in the Light Side as opposed to being in the Dark Side. If looting and breaking in is only for the dark side, they'd have to add more into the game by rewarding light-side players more. Unfortunately, if you really want that amount of realism, the good usually never gets paid, while the bad can force it up.

3. moeTi

moeTi Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I want to be dark in my current playthrough, but I'm such a sissy... everytime I do something bad I think "damn, that's unfair" :eek:
    But actually most games with a morale system I played so far tend to be more rewarding for the bad guys

4. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia

Light side players are rewarded near the end of game with some unique items.With dark side you obviously get to be much richer throughout whole game, get more stuff from looting and can use cooler Jedi powers without penalties ( and ofc be a racist- sexist- pimp - punk - bully kind of guy ).

5. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    I'd say not having to execute uncooperative companions is another benefit to being light-side, from a certain point of view. Not all rewards are money or equipment.

6. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Im playing as totaly dark side jedi :D
    this is realy the first time i use the ipad only for gaming for a week

books and novel left untoched :D

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    One example of a Light-only benefit is...

Qel-Droma Robes - Def:5, Max Dex bonus:+8, WIS +2, Light-side only.

Can be found:
    Korriban, Shyrack Caves, kill the Terentatek at the end of the cave and find this on a dead body in the cavern behind him.

8. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    I still need to pinch myself times to make myself believe i'm playing this on an iPad Mini... amazing port and the controls are just fantastic (contrary to how I felt about them during the initial half an hour I tried the game out).

9. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    same here........
    playing on ipad mini
    the control is great
    glad i cave in after heard that KOTOR is released on ipad :D

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I want to chime in that i am enjoying this quite a lot on my ipad mini too.

Minipad ftw!

11. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Can someone tell me if there are multiple save slots. I have two boys who would like to play different games at the same time. Is this possible?

12. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    There's a ton of save slots, but you have to be careful to manually save as auto save and quick save will overwrite themselves regardless of which file you are loading. ie there is many manual save slots but only one autosave and only one quick save.

13. gtcharlie

Dec 30, 2008
    Thanks. Sounds like we can work around it. One other question. I don't understand what happened when I installed the game. Cleared 4.7 gigs on my ipad to have room for the install. Everything went smoothly but now my iPad says it has 625 Meg's free despite the install being 2.3 gigs. I know you need more space for the download and install but once the game is installed why am I missing so much space? Any ideas?

14. gtcharlie

Dec 30, 2008
    Never mind. Answered my own question. Restarted the iPad and all the drive space is there.

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Query: it is rather odd I am asking a noob question: is there any key or ways to do a Quick Save? It comes into handy (on PC/Mac) right before combat.

16. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    Upper right hand corner, first icon. The one that looks vaguely like a floppy diskette.

17. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Will they be bringing out KOTOR 2. ? If they did and put the ending in that some dedicated fans made to finish the game

18. jForsythe

Apr 9, 2013
    No you wouldn't. If there was a iPhone version and if they charged $100 you would be whining and bitching about how much it was.

19. jForsythe

Apr 9, 2013
    To get free heals at any time just go to map transit back to hideout then transit back to where you were full heal. Cures poison too.

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Acknowledgement: Thanks!