Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Stop buying so much stuff? Seriously, shop stuff is rarely better than pick ups and even if it is, not by that much. I am still on the first planet in this play through and I have almost 10k and 30 med packs, and I can't remember buying anything except the droid, plus I give money away constantly with light side quests.

2. majordude2626

majordude2626 Active Member

Apr 1, 2013
    If you fast travel back to your hideout/ship it will fill your life up for free. Then just fast transit back to where you were at. I only use medpacs when I'm in a dungeon and cannot fast travel until I get out. Also I use cure a lot once I got jedi powers. I only use computer spikes when absolutely needed, because they are pricey. Those tips have saved me a lot of money.

3. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    this!

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    If you do that fast travel, do you end up back exactly where you were or do you have to do the battle you were in over again from the start? If the former that's a cheat that will just make the game busy work.

5. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    The same thing happened to me because
    my character couldn't lie to the court so well,and now I can't enter cause of all the fighting underwater
    xD

6. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Trouble is, I'm not buying much stuff! Only medpacs really; most of my equipped equipment is stuff I've picked up. I just wondered how people are making their money. How on earth (or rather Taris) did you get almost 10k? It feels like I'm missing something here...

7. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Sell all the loot you don't want and isn't useful to you I just sell stuff or go find some stuff to sell when I'm low on cash

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The only things i buy in shops are medpacks too, and i left taris with about 8k if i remember correctly.

After that, go to Manaan and win the Swoop Bike race there. Easy 8k.

And i never really use medpacks anymore with the heal and drain force powers.

9. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Embrace dark side they get all the money :)

10. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I must admit I'm struggling with money too but a certain guy on Taris has given me a discount on stuff, so I was able to buy 20 medpacks. Skint now though.

Btw any tips on beating Marl in the duelling? I'm getting almost one shotted from his sword :(

11. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia

Run, shoot, run and never stop or he will get close and get you.Plant mines while he's following you or trow grenades to speed up the process.

12. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Honestly I'm just playing through, doing every quest, stealing all the remains, the only real big source of loot is behind a tough droid in the bad gangs lair in the garage, it has a box worth 2k I haven't played enough pazaak to make a difference, maybe it's a subconscious thing from my past experiences of playing this game 10 or more times before. I dunno.

13. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    After taris you'll get the chance to make tons of money on certain events in a couple planets if I remember correctly, dont mention them here because I dont know if it qualifies as a spoiler but ive never had too many troubles having money in the game. Also if you play on the dark side you'll start making money earlier and probably leave taris with a hefty amount of creds.

14. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Suggestion: Med packs are used in-battle only. In roaming mode, there are places where your party gets healed automatically and for free. There are at least 2 places on Taris which provide free service. In KOTOR1, there are 2 mini-games which earn you credits.

Long-winded: I guess it is the way for most RPG (expect possibly Ultima VII): look around for accessible containers, or even break into any non-shop house/room/cave for them. Take whatever inside and sell whatever you do not feel useful. This is where the money comes, and you do not get any penalty for the action.

15. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    #555 Greg G, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    You can exchange saves between the PC and iPad!!!

Not sure if this has been discussed but I had asked if you can transfer saves between the PC and iPad versions of the game but had not seen an answer. I bought the game and have tried it and you can!

I used iFunBox but SWKOTR shows up in the iTunes File Sharing section so you may be ale to do it via iTunes as well. Note that the file names in the save directory must be lower case on the iPad. The PC does not care and tends to save to files with upper case names. I was able to bring my PC save over and after renaming the files to lower case play my old save! Too cool!

EDIT - I see this was discussed earlier after all but no harm mentioning it again I guess :)

16. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    You can go back - you just need to change all the file names back to lower case.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yeap. If you check my posts here, there's a link to the official support webpage. There, a dev talks about transferring savegames to/from iPad. He doesn't mention PC specifically, but with a bit of computer knowledge and respecting uppercase and lowercase according to what they say (and has just been said here) you can possibly transfer savegames between PC and iPad. They also mention that the iPad version is based on the PC version (with all the extra content and such), so it should be easy to transfer. I have no problem with this issue... It's the first time for me with the game! :D

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Drugs is the answer.

Or you can just move along with the story line and come back to him later before you try to get into the swoop bike race, once you've gained more levels and perhaps better equips.

19. moeTi

moeTi Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I'm currently breaking into every closed door and loot all containers I can possibly find without stealthing around or something.
    Are there any penalties for doing that? :confused:
    seems kinda non-RPG to me otherwise...

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #560 currymutton, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    Observation: From my very limited experience with computer RPG, JRPG or else; unless the title does not feature any object "discoverable" by the player character(s), like Warhammer and Knights of Pen and Paper, etc, the action of entering, by force or otherwise, any structures not belong to you and looting any valuables inside is allowed in most titles, except noticeably Ultima VII, which goes to the extreme where people calling out guards to hunt you down even if an item is moved a pixel away. KOTOR allows looting without any consequences other than burdened by extra inventory. Looks like Jedi is allowed to loot but not to love.

Suggestion: One can always experiment the game system by saving, looting and loading back in case things go south.