Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012

It seems my 7 month old daughter only cries when I start playing. So it gives me maybe an hr at most to play a day unless I sneak my iPad into work.

With the controls I got better when I just did everything w my right hand versus left move right look around.

I think it's the right hand but I can be wrong. Just put 2 blasters in nd see which is least effective.

Faster way.... I don't think so

2. Bischi777

Bischi777 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Sorry if this has been answered but what does the blue arrow in the portrait picture mean? I know the yellow arrow is a level up but i couldnt figure out the blue one.

3. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    It means you used a shield

4. Bischi777

Bischi777 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Thats it? 0_o

But thanks a lot!

5. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    the blue arrow can signify any buff really, not just the shields. I know I see it come up with Bastila uses some of her Jedi party buffs.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Check Aspyr support here:

http://support.aspyr.com/entries/21650559

They mention how to get savegames to/from the iPad. Maybe someone interested in transferring their PC savegame can try the zipped method mention there. I only have SW: KOTOR for iPad so i don't really mind, but I guess someone might be interested.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This.

Even with amplifiers the blue arrow appears. Even your buffing Jedi powers also show the blue up arrow.

8. jickabee

jickabee Member

May 17, 2013
    The game is awesome. But I'm having some trouble with the sound was wondering if anyone experienced it. I put in headphones to play when I took them out the sound stopped working. I put the headphones in, BAM! Sound. Take them out, eat a fat one... Turned the program and iPad off and on no luck. Anyone else experience this?

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Statement: No sound problem that I experience so far -- 3rd gen iPad, 32GB, no JB.

Amused: I think I do not pretty much care about the D20 system from PC to Mac to iOS (Yup, I play this title multiple times). Just arm the right tools for each encounter. Inject stuff when things go south. And having a Jedi and HK47 in your party help a lot. :D

10. hardA TOEnail

hardA TOEnail Member

Oct 31, 2012
    I have sound issues. Sometimes when I open the app when it has been in sleep mode the music plays but no other sounds. Save and force close fixes it.

11. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    What i don't like is that the game seems very dark (at least for my taste).I have to increase the brightness significantly before i start to play.And that drains the battery more of course ...

Can't wait to reach Tatooine to pull my sunglasses out :cool:

12. moeTi

moeTi Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    This is not a KOTOR bug, but from iOS itself. happens quite often after using headphones. google "ipad sound bug" or something and you will find a lot of results on how to fix it

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ahahaha... after all my KOTOR playthroughs, this is the first time i...

got kicked out of Manaan and was banned from entering Ahto. :D

14. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Off hand is considered reflex or without thought or use of an item or weapon, such as a gunslinger shooting left handed or a baseball player catching a ball and reflexively throwing it with their weak hand. Usually in roleplaying terms it is deferred to the left hand as humans are predominantly right handed and to explain away the aiming or to-hit penalty.

15. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Those who have completed the game - can you continue to travel around the different locations and finish off side quests after completing the main storyline?

16. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    No. Get everything done before heading into anything that seems like an endgame. Also do everything on Taris you want to do before leaving.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Also be careful when going dark side. I got kicked out of ahto and cant enter it anymore after i've completed the main quest. :D

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Nice suggestion the Taris one. It arrives late for me, but nice suggestion... :p

19. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Okay, thanks guys. In that case, I think I will spend some time travelling around and tidying up loose ends before getting anywhere near the end of the game.

20. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Perhaps I'm missing something here, but I've played about 16 hours of this game, got to Tattooine, but keep running out of credits. I never seem to have more than a few hundred at the most, and usually have less than a hundred. A lot of the prices in the stores are in the thousands so how on earth are you supposed to make more money to get them? At the moment I'm having to use most of my small amount of money to buy medpacs.