Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #501 VirtualBoyFreak, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    Am I the only one who
    killed it by throwing a grenade to it, then back to the tunnels until the rancor forgot me, then back to throw a grenade, and so forth until it died? The damage remains on the rancor, so I waited until it went back to the door to throw another grenade, until it finally died. If a character dies, when you get to the tunnels it revives because they revive if you leave/survive a battle.

2. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    If i install itelepad2pod do u guys think this would work on an iphone 5?

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I don't know, but text font size will be 1 or similar, so you won't be able to read anything...

4. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah. You are definitely supposed to use that item from the severed guys arm, it makes the whole thing last about 10 seconds.

5. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    How to beat the Rancor...I just started the game but I played it to death when it came out on the Xbox....I think you need some stinky stuff and you use the stink on some bones and plant a grenade...so when it eats it the head explodes. I think this is how it goes as I was stuck on that part for about a week back in the day.

I can recall that fighting it made no difference.

6. AaronLee

AaronLee Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Interactive Designer
    Philadelphia
    Also, Darth Vader is Luke's father.

7. polarsolstice

polarsolstice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Does anyone have a gameplay video that is not direct feed from the screen? I mean with fingers showing how one plays it and all

8. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Would also like to know.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I have an ipad mini which has the same specs as as ipad2, and the game plays flawlessly.

The only thing bothering me are the water effects which are either static or there's no water at all

10. [​IMG]

11. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I've not seen any, the only thing I have to say on the subject is movement isnt bad enough to even remotely consider not getting it. In fact I rather like it.

12. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Since someone said some PC mods were working on the port,is it possible to transfer your save files from PC to this version? (Preferably would like to know if this works with the steam version)

13. moeTi

moeTi Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    So I started playing this morning, just arrived on Taris.
    Can't say anything as I'm only 30min in.

But one question about the controls:
    When I try to look around the swiping leads to movement. So everytime I want to look behind me, my guy starts to walk in circles like a dog chasing its tail :rolleyes:
    Is this happenning to you too, or do I just need to get used to the controls?

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... never happens to me. I think i can swipe straight horizontally. You maybe swiping you maybe flicking it upwards which starts movement.

And if you are moving in circles, it might be a good idea when you've faced where you intend to and let the screen go. LOL

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I think you just have to get use to the controls. Occasionally I end up moving like that, but not always. It doesn't really bother me when it does that because it's not that critical. What's more annoying is when your partner gets in your way and you are blocked into an area. Then you have to switch characters, move the other character out of the way, then switch back, but that is not an issue with the controls. :)

16. majordude2626

majordude2626 Active Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Up till 2am and 3am every night now

This is just unreal that I got a full fledged probably cost 50 bucks when it was originally released bioware game. For 10 bucks. I really hate virtual joysticks so these control are great. I never played before and it took me 9 hrs just to get off of Taris. This is the first i0s Game that has me up till all hours of the night looking up at the clock like oh shit. its 3am and I gotta go to work. My Toddler is kinda pissed that daddy is on the ipad so much, she thought it was her ipad until this game came out.

17. moeTi

moeTi Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    yea, I feel like a maniac, running in circles dual wielding short swords :D
    ok, I guess I'll just play some more and get used to it :)

18. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Quick question about the equip screen, which hand is the "off hand"? Doesn't seem to be any reference to it.

Also when I want to swap from blasters to sword or visa versa is there a quicker way of doing it than having to go into each hand, remove the weapon there and then put the one you want in one by one?

19. nissportrk

nissportrk Member

Feb 18, 2013
    You can transfer saves from the iPad to PC, but I wasn't able to transfer from PC to iPad. Maybe someone else will figure out a way to go from PC to iPad, but I couldn't get it to work. And yes, I was using the steam version of the game to test and I can use iPad saves successfully.

20. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    16 hours for me before I got off Taris. What the *hell* was I doing!? That said, when I first arrived at the Citadel in ME [Mass Effect], I spent a good 6 hours there ..

The iOS version does assume you are familiar with the d20 rule-set, because very little, if *any* of the mechanics are explained. From experimentation, the off-hand is the left hand.