Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Yes $10.... This is a no brainer. I might have thought it over if it was $50, but it's only $10.

Cost less then a ticket to the movies

Cost less then large pizza

Cost less then the freemium cart of gems, coins, or huggie smiles.

This game is worth $10.... If you want to wait for a price drop then wait. I say buy this now in hopes it sparks them to make more games like this

2. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    finally finished downloading i'll be playing KOTOR tonight :D:D:D

lot of great games this week....
    sigh ...

3. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I love that the icon is just "Star Wars". Pretty hard swiping past it at work

4. TitanAE

TitanAE Active Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Any chance for an iPhone 5 comparability update. Love it on my ipad3 but want it on my phone to lol I'm greedy.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dont think Aspyr will go to lengths to optimize the text sizes and spacing, not to mention that some text float as you move, coz if they do just scale it down to iphone size, that text will be so hard to read.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    To be fair they barely optimized it for the device they DID release it on, so yeah... not big fans of messing about with the UI, these guys.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    If you go 10 or so pages back, another member emailed them asking about iPhone/iPod updates and there were no plans at the time.

Who knows, maybe plans will change.

8. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #468 xStatiCa, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    Some people are having issues with the price. Others would pay more. I don't see how some people complaining that it is not worth the price to them is in any way a sign that the ipad is not an attractive market. Those same people I guarantee would not have bought the game on pc when it was released at initial retail pricing. They would just get it when they can find it for the price it is worth to them as the game ages and drops in price at the game stores.

They will sell less total units at higher prices but overall it might work for them. Only time will tell.

It amazes me how some people generalize the ipad market because of some people complaining about price. Have you ever heard of cheapassgamer.com? You would probably think the whole world was ending if you see the cheapskates on there ;).

9. Christian86

Christian86 Active Member

Jan 11, 2013
    So scoundrel/gaurdian vs soldgier/consular

10. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Why? I prefer soldier/guardian :D been ok with that set for a long time

11. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I'm in the Taris lower city and dying lots from rakghouls.

Guess I need to level up a bit, any tips?

12. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    Rescue Bastila, then come back. Lightsabres slice and dice Rakghouls.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I prefer...

Soldier>Guardian, Flurry, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Speed Force Power, Plague Force Power (no save throws, always hits). :)

As a jedi guardian, if you initiate with a normal attack on an enemy whom you have a clear line of site, you will automatically Leap into him in melee, then you can start Flurrying away with Speed active. Cast plague before you leap strike! :D

You can go Dual Wield 2 lightsabers, as that is always stronger because of having 4 crystals equipped between the 2, but a Double-Bladed Lightsaber just looks so much cooler.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If he's having problems with Rakghouls, he'll have a harder time against Calo before heading off to becoming a fyorng fyorng wielder.

15. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Not necessarily,melee weapons work wonders on Calo during the first encounter (Prototype vibroblade with a vibration cell to cut through energy shields,and Bastilla's lightsaber already does that) and so do stuns,no need to focus all your attention on Davik-I just had Canderous and Bastilla dump all the damage they could into Calo while my character distracted Davik with a sword

16. With the amount of ports of games they have done, I wish they would do more. It'd be like going to a piece of gaming history I've never had the pleasure of going to before

17. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    How i'd love to see Mass Effect on the iPad in the near future...

Aside from the mega annoying rover missions in the game and traveling back and forth between planets, it would translate amazingly onto iOS.

My hesitations with KOTOR's controls during my initial half an hour with the game have dissipated; I have almost no gripes with them anymore!

Any other good ports coming soon, besides XCom?

18. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    18h in and just finished my first "fly to" location (dont wanna spoil too much)

how anyone can say this is not worth the money is just crazy.

this is a classic rpg and one of biowares milestones.

even if the port lacks some charm (retina, missing visual effects) the game
    is still amazing.

being able to play it on the ipad is actually very elegant, touch control works and quite a difference to stuff like gta with its 200 virtual buttons that plastered the screen.

anyone even mildly interested into rpgs or starwars should get it right away.

having this on ipad raises the bar for other rpgs on tis platform alot and shows how faar away most competition is from 10 year old games.

i still cant believe i play kotor on ipad :)

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Fully agree. For me it's the best game I've bought in a loooong time. I'm enjoying this game A LOT. It has many, many things to do. More than 6h into the game and I've just found Bastila. I think I have a game for months here. Since I'm playing "light side", I guess that replayability playing "dark side" is there too. Being it the price of a cinema entrance more or less, I'm getting extremely high value for the 9€ I paid. Very, very happy with this purchase.

20. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I remember my first run at this game being about 70 hours or so light side so there is a lot of gaming to be had playing it both light and dark as Darkside conversations and choices change certain things slightly if I recall. It is truly a pleasure to revisit this a decade later all over again!