Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Why get all that concerned about it? It isn't like the Elder Scrolls games where the weight of items is an issue.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well it was the worst time ever to be away with work ! Checked twitter and saw KOTOR had come out, was nervous it was just rumours before and nothing else.

Split second i got back on saturday i downloaded it, took a while but damn its great to have it.

SO happy it seems to be a huge success, #1 selling RPG, lots of sales at the 'high' price of $10, hope it encourages lots more similar games or big titles like this to come to iOS

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for your input!

4. nissportrk

nissportrk Member

Feb 18, 2013
    FYI, the save game editor works great! You have to jump through a few hoops, but I started the game with tons of cash, maxed out character, tons of items and a lightsaber. Completed the game 10 years ago on my Xbox, now I just want to go back and kick ass from the start ;-)

5. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Starting with an edited maxed out character would totally and utterly kill the game stone dead for me. I'd simpy get no sense of achievement from doing anything. :/

6. Christian86

Christian86 Active Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Is this build possible and what class combination is best for it

Hello I played this a decade ago on the Xbox and went soldgier/gaurdian light side, I was wondering if it would be possible to do a effective melee(2h) heavy force using high persuasion char.

7. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    went to buy but was short 20 cents! now I have to wait tell I buy a itunes card..

8. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    You would just have to sacrifice a lot of the other stuff like computer use and security and that type of thing. No matter which character I create I always keep persuasion as high as it will go.

9. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #449 xStatiCa, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
    And I don't get how people seem to think that the worth and interest in a specific game is the same for every game player. Some people really like games like this. Others don't. There are some games that I would pay $100 and some I might get at $1 and others I wouldn't get for free. Jet Car Stunts for example I would pay $30 for because I enjoy it so much.

I personally don't like a game like this. The only reason I am reading about it is because of the star wars name. If the price does ever go down I will probably end up getting it just to check it out for the star wars aspect but... I know I will only spend 20 minutes on it before I get bored so for me it is not worth $10. If it gets reduced to $5 I would be tempted just to check it out and add to my collection but still might not get it. If it stays at $10 that is great for the developer if they can keep it at that. They will lose sales for those that are only partially interested in it though like myself. If in a year if it goes on sale I will honestly probably grab it just to look at it.

This same logic works for me with PS3 games. I rarely buy new games when they are released. GTA and Uncharted are the exception. They are worth $55 to me. I just don't have the time to sync into games to get their full potential. At some price point as games get older though I might be interested even if I only spend 30 minutes on it.

10. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Good Game

Anyone who is still hesitant about buying this because of the control - shouldn't worry. It's actually pretty good, unlike Baldur's Gate.

Anyone know if the bugs in PC/Xbox version, exist here as well?

11. GoodnightGames_Don

GoodnightGames_Don New Member

May 27, 2013
    Same here. I'd love to see more console/pc games being ported over to mobile devices. Sadly it doesn't happen too often.

12. Christian86

Christian86 Active Member

Jan 11, 2013
    So for a an efficient melee/force should I go soldgier or scoundrel

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    There are actually quite a few console/PC ports on iOS.

GTA CW
    GTA 3
    GTA VC
    Max Payne
    Bastion
    Walking Dead+tons of Telltale games
    Lostwinds 1+2
    PoP: WW
    Baldur's Gate
    KOTOR
    Jacob Jones
    Frozen Synapse
    World of Goo
    Little Inferno

I could go on, but you get the idea. A lot of these are current gen ports as well.

14. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I finally cracked. Downloading now.

15. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Download from pc not wifi

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I don't want new console ports, I want new IPs (or at least new games in a series) that are console scale.

But I am looking forward to the port of XCOM, though.

17. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Problem is when people balk at paying $10 for a game like this, it isn't exactly an attractive market for a brand new IP.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sigh... all i can do is agree with Eli. In the current market, the only well-priced premiums getting any attention are the ports and remakes, although the remakes usually arent as good as we hoped they'd be.

Consumers cringe at seeing premium prices on original IPs on iOS, and it's a really sad fact.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Exactly! Only $10 for this classic and still people ask if it'll drop in price (despite spending $300-$400 on their new iPad!). Ridiculous

Hopefully they've got great sales though. Seems to be doing very well on the charts though

20. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Well, the fact that it has "Star Wars" in the title basically guarantees that... But, Aspyr has had its hands in the proverbial cookie jar of so many ports that I really hope this results in them being like "Let's do tons more of this!"