Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Much like Mass Effect it's "STOP. Hammer Time!!"
    You chain movements but then respond mid combat. Unlike FS where you are locked into a move without a way to react.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Thanks guys, sounds like another $10 gone.

3. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I bought Warhammer Quest last night and this just now..

I hope theres a decent gap before the next epic game is out, its costing me a fortune :)

4. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    I've been a long time away from iOS gaming(again)... decided to check what's new and I find this....

my Vita is gonna have to wait, I need to play KOTOR... :D

5. moeTi

moeTi Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I missed KOTOR1/2 when they came out first, so now would be a good time the play it.

So, is this somewhat comparable to Bioware titles like Mass Effect and Dragon Age?
    I always imaged ME to be a game where Bioware used all the experience they gained with KOTOR.

I really enjoyed ME and DA gameplay wise, but I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan (yeah I know, I know, don't blame me).
    So is this too dated compared to the other games by now, or extremely relying on the Star Wars series?
    I'd really like to enjoy this but am unsure :)

6. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I'm a huge ME fan. HUGE! Playing this you will see how much it influenced ME. This stands up on its own though. Amazing story and the gameplay differs from Biowares later work in subtle but cool ways

7. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Statement: This port is very faithful reproduction of the PC/XBox/Mac version, especially in terms of combat. Think the Force as magic and light saber is just another melee weapon which is annoyingly bright, you will be fine.

Recommendation: I suggest you search on YouTube etc, and watch the game play video on combat of KOTOR to get an idea. To me, ME is more complex and action-oriented than KOTOR1.

Statement: Ask anyone and they all agree that KOTOR1 features the best robot/droid character HK47, which is both funny and sarcastic, in any game to date. (and I try to talk like him) Together with that infamous plot twist and an epic story almost as good as Torment, (not to mention most agree this is the very best Star Wars game itself). I say if you are a RPG fan, you should not miss it.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Jedi Academy!

9. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I preferred Jedi Outcast to Jedi Academy.

This has just finished installing and I now only have 9.6gb free on my 32gb ipad2. Time to uninstall a few games me thinks.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I get those games mixed up all the time, I'm pretty sure Academy was my favourite. All I ever did was set hotkeys for Jedi and enemy spawn cheats, find an awesome arena then mash the keys 30 times each and enjoy the LotR-worthy battle.

11. moeTi

moeTi Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I just have a feeling that it feels like a ME predecessor and can't keep up with it.
    but hey, it's 10 bucks, I'll just give it a try :)

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    That's the spirit! :) If only more people thought like that, "freemium" wouldn't be around. It's ridiculous how spoilt we are as iOS gamers. $10 is nothing.

13. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    ... I see what you did there... Took a while for those old KOTOR memories to come worming their way back to the surface...

14. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Reflection: Like Torment did to AD&D moral system, KOTOR1 is probably the first to look at the light / dark side issue, and yes, to spoil every single gorram one of you, there is a "grey" Force user inside...

Confession: I play Jedi Outcast, too and yes there are a lot of familiar faces there. It is a very very good story for a FPS, but heck, KOTOR offers more depth. :)

15. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Played Jedi Academy like crazy :)
    Lifting Stormtroopers into air was my favorite, especially in Cloud City where I would just make them free fall from platforms.Or play bowling with their bodies ( kidding :p ).Force choke was my favourite.Ragnarok fight was also cool, with intro animation of him grabbing and eating a Sith warrior.

16. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    This is a great day for mobile gaming! This heralds a new era! Next Skyrim, Oblivion! The sky's the limit with thee devices. Love this game. 10/10.

17. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Why? You have 9.6gb! Are you gonna go through your iPad's lifetime without ever using it's full potential of sweet, sweet Gigz?

18. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Nah - whilst this game is awesome - X Wing has to take that title :)

19. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves... Skyrim is somewhat larger I imagine ;)

20. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I have a question for those who are playing. I found that, when paused, if I tap on an object or NPC, unpausing will send my character running to that spot, with no apparent way to cancel the action.

Has anyone found a way to cancel out a paused movement command?

Thanks in advance.