Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. solistus

solistus Member

May 24, 2012
    So, just to clarify... If I transfer this via iTunes rather than installing directly to the iPad, how much free space is required? This is definitely one of those days where I'm kicking myself for getting a 16GB model :O

2. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    No giant screenshots of Star War...hammer Quest today.

3. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

It takes 2.2 gigs in usage. I did not need the full 4 to install it.

But yeah, this is a problem with a 16gb model for sure. Try keeping 3 available and you should be okay.

4. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Three 16GB iPads? Sounds a little excessive to me; surely he could just make room on one of them? :D

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
  6. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    So unsure about this! I want to get this game, but I have no idea if it's up my alley AT ALL. Guess I better watch Sanuku's video.

7. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Just had to say I'm blown away. I had forgotten how awesome this game was and was on the verge of thinking it was overrated until today when I got to play it again for the first time in 10 years.

The ipad transition is awesome. Visually stunning, incredibly deep. I have no problem with the movement. There are plenty of options to make it more to my liking.

For ipad 2 owners, fear not. Framerate is amazing, no stutter or crashes yet, a very impressive experience.

On a semi unrelated note- the only reason I'm glad there's an ipad mini is that it's guaranteed that the ipad 2 continues to get love and support from devs (having the same guts and all). The mini has insured the ipad 2 at least another year or two of not being obsolete!

8. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
  9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's looking better already.

10. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    iPad 2 user here, confirming that this is the best 10 balls I've spent on an iOS game. Silky performance all around.

I have a question for those who are playing. I found that, when paused, if I tap on an object or NPC, unpausing will send my character running to that spot, with no apparent way to cancel the action.

Has anyone found a way to cancel out a paused movement command?

Thanks in advance.

11. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

And this is why we can't have nice things...

12. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Is it Game Center compatible with achievements?

13. rajkan11

rajkan11 New Member

Feb 28, 2013
    No. At least I'm pretty sure not.

14. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    I really wish I had a newer iPad. I guess the 1st gen just doesn't cut it anymore... If this was on iPhone I would buy it without hesitation. I'd even pay $20 for it.

Anyone want to buy an iPad 1?

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Status: Just reach the bridge, the movement is okay, the UI is not to unfriendly, BG::EE is really a big let down.

Suggesting: If you think the path-finding routine during combat a bit troublesome, make sure you use pause key regularly.

16. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Forgetting nostalgia for a minute, how does this hold by today's standards?

17. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Good question. I'm not good with specs but stacking this up other ios titles it holds up really well. It is a little rough if holding it up to to the really graphically intense games however it surpasses the majority of other high end ios titles in regards to plot, script, audio, ambition, player choice and voice work.

18. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    #198 RebornProphet, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    Runs perfectly on iPad 3.

Where's that idiot "Sidgoku123" and his Nostradamus predictions of low frame rates and toned down graphics now? Wannabe know-it-all ... always one on every forum. Oh and if you read this pal, since I can't reply to your post in the closed thread, no one ever said the iPad 3 was more powerful than an Xbox 360. You should just stop posting. Period.

19. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Today's standards of iOS games? This blows away the competition. I've never played the game and just spent all evening completely captivated by it. Great story and voice acting. It looks good, runs at a consistently high frame rate. I could on and on, it's great. Amazing week for me, between this and Warhammer I will be content for quite a while.

20. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I'm watch listing this, as I have some awesome titles to play ATM, such as Frozen Synapse and Warhammer. Quick question about the combat, is it kind of like. Frozen synapse in the fact you pause and give orders or do you also give orders in real time?