Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    #10261 ThePowerofLava, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    Nothing has happened in star warfare recently, the Christmas update is actually the most recent, as far as I know.

Undead's combos have been adopted into PvP by the community, and so you cannot play PvP anymore without using them.

The official forums have been killed, mainly because all the leaders there were all jailbreaking to record video and such, so they were locked out by an update a while ago.

Most of us here have moved to Sienfell's lounge thread, the Antwar Saloon (Sorry I don't have a link, on vacation right now, only have my phone)

Nice to see you again!

2. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #10262 undead.exe, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    It is actually possible to fight without combos, but you're generally at a power disadvantage. Most of the combos being used simply resemble a souped-up Trinity -- you can usually defeat them by either moving at high speed or fighting at long range. For Twin Snipers, fight it as you would against a regular sniper -- except that getting hit by that is usually fatal.

To be blunt, jailbreaking to record video wasn't why they got banned: the reason was because they were IAP hacking and distributing IAP-hacked savefiles with ridiculous amounts of mithril.

As for the Antwar Saloon, it can be found here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=175367

3. JDualZ

JDualZ Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Thanks undead. Well, it seems like no one actually plays Star Warfare anymore. It was nice seeing you again Undead, as well as you Lava :D

4. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    What, Undead, no "welcome back" for one of your oldest friends, your 'exe' buddy? :p I've missed you, man! It's been such a long time!

5. JDualZ

JDualZ Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Haha, I missed you too Superion. As for Undead, I have to admit I was waiting for a "welcome back" sort of reply. But nevertheless, it was nice to have Undead inform me about TA :D

6. Donut8

Donut8 New Member

Aug 30, 2013
    yup the developers themselves are chinese, the demographic thing is probably made mandatory from their government

7. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I think it's about time for a reunion tour, gentlemen... ;):D

DBC

8. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I'm down with that. Although I've never played with y'all:D

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I do propose we stick with the PvE side -- things have gone to the dogs on the PvP side of things overall, to keep it mild...

10. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    I agree. However, that does limit is to four per game, if we do manage to round up some of the other veterans.

Edit: just booted up the game for the first time after reinstalling, oh the nostalgia!

11. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Three, actually -- I don't think they've changed the PvE slots.

Wellllll, a private PvP match between us Arcadians may be pretty cool, actually -- it's more the public PvP area which has gone waaaaaaay downhill, with the amount of aggro-competitive behaviour going on (a dollar per ragequit would make you a millionaire).

12. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    #10272 ThePowerofLava, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    -Ignore what I said here originally, forgot about GC safeguards-

13. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    If you try to log in online, press "Download" instead of "Upload". The online server should have retained a copy of your data from the last time you went online as long as you're using the same GC.

That's assuming they don't have some sort of time limit on the data, but I doubt they do...

14. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Yeah I had just realized that when you responded...

One genius move on Freyr's part, I guess.

15. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Yes the nostalgia. I would be up for a game too.

16. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I must say, the new "Borderlands-like" is actually pretty sweet...

Hard to explain, but the grind doesn't feel as "grindy" as SW:AI, and MP is actually pretty friendly...

DBC

17. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Eh, I started it up and was immediately prompted to buy lots or IAP, so I dropped it pretty quick.

18. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Really? Weird, I wasn't... :confused:

Don't get me wrong, there is certainly PLENTY of IAP to purchase, but I haven't actually been prompted...

DBC

19. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    yeah well i pressed upload so now im level one! xD

im soooo done with this game

20. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    By my guesses, you should be able to recover most of your PvE capabilities in about one or two weeks, depending on how much you play and whether you want to do the first bit alone or with friends.

PvP...yeah, that may take a while longer given how slow mithril is (also depends on exactly how mithril-heavy your load out is, and whether you've got any gold-based substitutes for certain mithril gear).