Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    We mainly moved to the Lounge, because we wanted to stop clogging this one with our ramblings.

2. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Not the "Lounge" on the player group, actually -- everyone seems to prefer actual threads over he player group talk sections, so we've got a thread somewhere called "The Antwar Saloon" now.

3. dheco

dheco Member

Feb 14, 2013
    i like this war, kill all monster...yeahh!!

4. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    derpityherp... sorry, was addicted to minecraft... so yeah. :eek:

5. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    My half decent character :p

Attached Files:

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Are the servers still region-segregated? Coz that's what killed this game for me. I am never able to play multiplayer games with TA players, coz my servers only show me ones created in asian region.

7. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Yeah, there's still some region segregation on it. We've got a possible method around it using VPNs, except I've only met one person claiming that it works (I've tried using it myself, but the game can't recognise my GC when I've got a VPN active).

8. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Oh nooooooes...:eek:

Almost a month with no posts?:(

Anyone still playing this?:D

DBC

9. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    There's nothing new for me to get :p except for upgrading. The grind was fun. Now it's pretty boring :/

10. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Yep that's what happened to all the folks who posted in this thread- it got boring

11. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    A couple of my friends recently got the game, so I "help them out a little" on the bosses:D

Other than that, nope it's just not that fun anymore.

12. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Yep. Sad and the sequel was pulled.

13. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Strangely enough, I still am playing sporadically because of another SW community floating on the net. It's really more the people than the game itself which keeps me around.

Otherwise, I'm primarily on a looting craze in Subway Surfers -- my perfectionist streak is urging me to collect coins ASAP so I can buy out all the limited edition characters and hoverboards >.>

14. Escape

Escape New Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Hi, just started playing this a few days ago and I have a question - when you play boss level online, how does the game calculate who comes 1st and gets the best reward? Is it the one who deals the most damage to the boss? Because for some reason, I keep coming 2nd and receive 50k while 1st place receives 150k :/

15. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Oh man, does this question take me back...

It's a good question, mainly because it's not made very clear, but you got the "1st place" payout the first time you fought.

In other words, there really isn't a true first, second, third.

You get the big payout the first time, and each one after that is less.

Pro-tip: Make SURE you fight the bosses with a full crew! Your payouts are (stupidly) dependent on having 3 players in the boss round.

Good luck, and be sure to list your ID so players like me will know to help you out if we see you in the lobby!:D

I'm Drummerboycroy in the game. I know, big shock, right?;)

DBC

16. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    So essentially anyone who posted in this thread that they just got the game or just started playing a few days ago is a pirate. Can we delete their posts?

17. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Wrong game.
    Black Dawn got pulled.

18. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Wow.

DBC

19. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    My bad ha, heart was in the right place, mind was in my ass apparently move along

20. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Heya newbie, welcome to TouchArcade and the sleepy thread of Star Warfare: Alien Invasion :)

DBC's pretty much got your answered fully covered already, but I'll expand on the gold payout mechanics a little more:

Regarding the boss specifically: every time you defeat a boss, it will drop less gold the next time you defeat it within the same day. The second time you defeat it, it will drop half as much gold as the first time, and from the third time onwards, it will be 25% of its original base drop. This resets at midnight Pacific Standard Time (the same time as mithril drop rates resetting).

Regarding ALL gold (i.e. gold from killing aliens AND the boss drop): the number of teammates you have directly influences all gold drops via a multiplier. If you have one teammate, gold drops are increased by 20-25% (not sure exactly which one), whereas if you have two teammates, gold drops are increased by 50%. This multiplier also applies to the gold dropped by the boss, meaning that you really want to fight a boss in a full room the first and second times within a day (for the multiplier to apply, you just need to ENTER the boss fight with your teammates -- it doesn't matter if they die off midway in the boss fight, you'll still get the gold bonus from their presence so long as they survived to the beginning of the boss fight).

Regarding armour pieces: certain armour pieces carry a gold percentage bonus (e.g. Thunder Head gives 10% extra gold). Similarly to the teammate mechanics above, this is also a multiplier. So if you have a 50% gold bonus and two teammates, the gold dropped by the boss is multiplied by 2.25 (1.5 from the teammates x 1.5 from the gold bonus).

----

Hope that helps, and once again, welcome to TouchArcade! Check out some of the other threads on here too, this one's admittedly a bit tired :)