Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    #10201 ThePowerofLava, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    Wait, wait, slow down.

You spent 35 dollars on an iOS game, and then complained that the stuff you bought was overpowered and you can't beat other players that are evenly matched? Sounds like you need to learn how to play effectively with your new stuff.

Personally, when I'm playing a competitive game, an I see someone who has blatantly just IAP'ed his way through the store to get all the "good" weapons, I usually get pretty angry with him for ruining the fun for the "legit" players.

But that's just me.

Having grinded up the mithril for a couple of premium weapons, packs and Perseus myself, I will say this: I do well with Perseus armor when I try to take as little damage as possible. This means popping in and out of cover, attacking distracted enemies, and staying hidden for the most part.

One of my most successful setups is:

Perseus armor
    Tri-O-Avatar
    LIT07
    Railgun (I used the first, you probably have the second)
    You could use Trinity too.

This setup does have a tendency to annoy other players (Including me, if I play at all anymore), as it is considered the "tryhard" class.
    So you have been warned. Also, smart players that have high Alpha damage will be able to kill you without mercy.

2. xanroar

xanroar New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Student
    Does anybody know when the next update will be out?

3. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Best. Post. Evar.

DBC

4. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    You can find more and more of those posts on the wiki to this game, much to my chagrin...

Also, xanroar: we've got no real idea about when the next update for this game is, but I daresay the majority of the posters on this thread don't really play the game anymore: Freyr's rather neglected us by refusing to add substantial PvE content for a very long time...

5. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Believe it or not, that actually sounds pretty darned normal to me compared to some of the other tactics and strategies that are starting to become mainstream PvP practices...as it turns out, the Trinity/Avatar set-up was only the tip of the iceberg...

6. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    What are the setups now?

7. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Well, that's the downfall of every competitive game, isn't it? People start finding stupidly overpowered combinations, to the point where the game is not enjoyable anymore.

8. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Although you do have to admit it can be quite satisfying to sit back and watch a bunch of hackers or IAP addicts insta-gib each other over and over again...;):D

DBC

9. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    You could get close if you buy the hd version of a square enix game.

Yeah. That's amusing.

10. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Until they find your vantage point, that is :D ;) ;)

11. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Remember how I did a couple of experiments with using multiple RPGs to overwhelm the Trinity? People are using that now -- and adding the Trinity into the mix, alongside other weapons.

There are some additional combinations which more closely resemble the boss-killing combo moreso than the RPG Combo, but suffice it to say, both of the things I've just mentioned are nastier than the Trinity on its own -- usually because they both involve using the Trinity itself within the weapon cycle =.="

12. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Oh, watching is one thing, but listening to the subsequent flame wars is quite another...it's like watching that place-we-must-not-speak-of all over again...

13. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Hey all. Undead, it seems like the combos are moving into PvP, eh? Do you reckon anyone has tried out a shotgun-combo? I remember we had a ton of fun making that one up.

14. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I gave the shotgun combo a spin a while ago, and one of its weaknesses became apparent fairly quickly: its power is severely impaired beyond point-blank range. Its potential killing speed is on par with the Grenade Combo (both of which kill faster than the RPG Combo in controlled test situations), but they're incredibly problematic to use properly if you're moving and if you're not at close range.

The "Twin Snipers" one has been doing the rounds for a little while now, though variants of the RPG Combo are also rising into prominence. More shockingly, however...some guys are using something which resembles a modified version of the Synthesis (both snipers, a couple of RPGs, the Trinity and the Black Disk). I thought that thing was meant to be unwieldy, but it appears effective...

15. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    so.... whats up?:D

16. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    The sky :D

17. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I'm playing Dungelot... a lot... and (gasp:eek:) Zombiewood.

You?

DBC

18. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I see what you did there...:D

19. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    ummmm..... Minecraft still :eek: Im totally addicted, if not playing minecraft, then im watching it:eek::p

I have an ipad mini now the game i play on it is mostly the Respawnables but its getting quite boring since i basically have the best gun >.>

20. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    hhhmmmmm..... after reading the last 3 pages, I havent seen JK posting anything:(

...Then again a haven't been on for a while now...