Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #9401 undead.exe, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    Jedi, Racinriot from the wiki just added multiple photos that we've posted on this thread to the wiki. If you do not want them up there, please go up and put a copyright notice on each of them.

Also, try putting text on your work that can't be easily removed if you don't want people randomly uploading it and then trying to claim credit for it -- yeah, they can crop it, but they'd have to screw up the picture proportions in order to try that then.

---------

Edit: oh, turns out he managed to pull them straight from Google Images, so he had no idea we were the original creators...but man, that's not half bad if our stuff is showing up on Google Search o___O

2. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    On those images, there was no text so Im think Im fine... for now, yeah it should be hard to bet out because its not a .psd file, its .jpg and the backgoround for the letters is transaprent, it would take an awesome photoshopper to take away my text.

RIGHT FROM GOOGLE!! We're famous now!! :D:D:D

3. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    It IS possible to effectively Photoshop out text, but it largely depends on where the text was placed. I think your version of Photoshop might have some kind of "pattern fill" function though.

...yup, it does --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI

Good lord, I want that function x________x

Quite a few of the images posted in this thread are showing up on Google Image Search, actually. I guess if we want to make sure people know that we made our stuff, yeah, we'd best leave some hints on the actual image itself :/

4. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    God, jedimaster42 on the image itself, Ill make a little copyright symbol and... :D:D:D

5. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    You could put a watermark over the whole image, although I actually find those quite annoying myself >.>

The way I would normally do it is to put a huge amount of text like on Lava's photo: you can get around it by cropping out, but you're left with a fiery red background on the armour that doesn't look that good without some contrast.

In the pics I did for Superion and myself, you can actually get around it by just blacking out the text, because I placed them in dark areas of the photo. That being said, if you don't do it properly, it just makes the image look weird, but yeah -- the more intrusive of a place you put the text, the crappier an image they'll have to make do with if they want to cut out the credits. Just see if you can make it look like the text is MEANT to be there :p

------------

Or even better yet: for Sheinfell's one, I'm thinking of putting myself in as well, because we are collectively the chaingun turtles. To distinguish the two of us, I'm actually thinking of putting the name ON our armours or weapons somewhere, and making it look like it's printed on the weapon/armour -- good luck photoshopping THAT out :D

6. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    If my picture is there, would one of you kindly put a small copyright on that? I'd like to be able to receive credit for my own portrait :p

7. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #9407 undead.exe, Oct 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

Full-sized image: http://i47.tinypic.com/zmebv5.jpg

KIND of hard to say that it's not yours, given the humongous text in the top-right corner. I'm still gonna say I actually made the picture, but that look is yours, yes :D

If you're wondering why I chose a night sky after I couldn't find a clear image of lightning, look up what "Umbra" means -- decided to go for something with thematic meaning >.>

8. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    [​IMG]

I like this one a lot...

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Background blurring and graininess -- it'll contrast against how smoothly the armour was rendered.

The inherent problem with photos of lightning is that there are areas of extreme darkness in the photo -- clear pictures are best taken when it's well-lit, whereas darker photos increases the amount of static interference -- there's a bit of it if you look around where the brights of the photo fade to black.

10. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    Well, actually, Umbra stands for "Shadow" in Latin, and in modern context, it refers to the point in which the shadow is the darkest during events, such as solar eclipses.

11. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    Ah, my last post misread your post. I'm assured that you know what the word means, and the picture has a similarity to the word, so it isn't bad.

12. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    [​IMG]
    I couldn't get much of the feet so thats why I put the fog there... Cut it out if you want to even bother trying using the lightning photo, if not just ignore this post.

13. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Yeaaaah, true. Throwing aside the more long-winded argument of "shadow connotating darkness connotating night", the remaining reason would be that it phonetically reminded me of "Umbreon" from Pokemon, and voila >____>;

-------

Hmm. If you prefer the lightning background, I could insert that into the psd file and make another version of your photo.

14. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    ITs good, but on this forums we're kind of morphing armor and such now. :/

15. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Remember what I said about deleting parts of the fog layer? Here, it's blurring the luminosity of Superion's armour -- you'd get a better effect by deleting the fog around the glowing parts of the backpack and the glow lines all over his armour (yes, that takes time and effort, but that's if you want to nail the details)

16. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    I told you, I didn't want fog, it was just for because I didn't have the feet!

17. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    I think that the original is by far the best choice. Anyways, good photo :p

18. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #9418 undead.exe, Oct 27, 2012
    Thanks Superion, that was the first piece of feedback I got on it :D

Oh yeah, oops >_____>

19. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    #9419 JediKnight, Oct 27, 2012
    Ah its fine. :D

Feedback: The helmet outlines seems a bit dark, I know its supposed to be but maybe make thwe outline more apparent.

edit: Wait nevermind just my monitor's low on battery. :eek:

Also: crazy idea: photoshop an acid bomber and literally put it on his back!!!:eek::D:D;)

Yeah I like the current design for umbrablade, really you know I can't think of anything bad, maybe just change the color of the shoulder pad, I think it would look a bit better if it was more purple. :D ;)

20. Fro5tCrown

Fro5tCrown Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I did like to get the Trinity , any idea ?

Should I get full Cygni or Perseus ? I think Cygni is cooler but I don't use a rpg...:(
    And with the nova 0.16 fire rate glitch , can I upgrade my nova rather than buying a m-27b1 to upgrade?? :D:D:D:D