Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    It's the same music, I think. I don't spend too much time just listening, too busy surviving.

2. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Yes, the game is great, although the music is a little repetitive. On the bright side, either you'll be too busy surviving massive swarms of aliens, or otherwise listening to your own music.

3. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    That looks really nice actually.

4. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    The mist is a bit of an unwanted adjustment. Although it could be made to symbolize rising steam from an active volcano, the clarity in the picture is what really brings out the best in the portrait.

5. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I'd say the mist is actually a nice touch, because it makes it look like Lava actually belongs in the photo because of the lighting and the distraction from the feet (it almost looks like he's standing in the volcanic background if you don't focus on the feet).

What I'm not entirely fond of is how the lettering and the highlights of Lava's armor is obscured a bit. The orange certainly helps Lava blend in, but I'd argue that it's a bit too dominant on the non-metallic bits of his armour. Overall, I'd say there are certainly merits to the mist effect, but I think it could be finetuned a little (there were certain deficiencies with the original photo I put up, but it was looking a heck of a lot better than what I had to begin with >.>).

Btw Superion, I'd say to expect about a week before I can finish your photo. I said the same to Lava, but I was particularly free yesterday, which is how it managed to come out in one day. A week is probably the norm if I'm gradually working on it, but maaaay be faster if I've got spare time to kill :p

6. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Okay, I am officially impressed by your imagery work, Jedi and Undead ;)
    Great jobs, both of you!

7. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Many thanks :D

Btw Jedi, I've got dibs on Sheinfell's one too at the moment, unless you wanted another armour look as well besides your old chaingun turtle set? ;)

8. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Well, I still do turtle style (on the rare occasions I play SW - like once a week), so go with that look, all fine with me :)

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Will do :D

Gameplay fun may have worn off a bit, but there's still fun to be had with our little posse here :D

10. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    dibs? DANG IT!

The mist by the way, was a 30 second adjustment, not to be offficial just for the heck of it. :D

11. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Thanks, and by the way, I would you know, love it if you had some extra work for us... HINT HINT!!! Just kidding. But gampleplay has really gone down. :(

12. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Superion, confirm if I've got this right:

Draco Head, Pegasus Chest, Phoenix Hands, Phoenix Legs
    Dracula Backpack, Laser Cannon

Midnight Blue in colour, with yellow-green glow lines and yellow-green Dracula, so it looks like you're a walking Acid Bomber (aka. "Superion's-explosive-rage")

13. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    sounds so fun to make! SNIFF!!!:D:D

14. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #9374 undead.exe, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    Get creative, you don't have to make pictures for human players only, you know :p

You could try messing with the Viper Armour and making it look as close to the MJOLNIR armour from Halo as you can -- or alternatively, take one of the lesser used ones (e.g. Titan) or a hybrid and do something :)

---------

Check your email, by the way, the psd for Lava's armour and some alternate shades of black is in your inbox.

15. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    COOL. Yay!

16. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    sup enjoo. see that you're viewing this thread:D

17. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    see that you're here. BLEH Just kidding. :D:p

18. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Yep. Finished watching the apple keynote. Need iPad!

19. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #9379 undead.exe, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    JediKnight, just thought I'd let you know that you've got at least one fan of your ChaosAssasin armour on the wiki -- so much so that he put it on his profile :p

Next time though, you might wanna give it a filename which includes "JediMaster42" in there, or in the photo -- looks like he originally thought it was made by Freyr, I've corrected that on his page already :/

----------------------------------

For anyone who's interested: I don't usually post incomplete work up for people to see, just occasionally only to the person who requested the piece to see if I'm heading in the right direction. That being said, while nothing in this photo really looks like what it should in its final version (only the backpack's fully complete so far), I thought I'd share it since I'm a bit taken with how it looks right now :D

(Before anyone asks why the lines are so jagged, it's because I haven't decided if that's all I want to do for that particular effect just yet -- if I smooth it out now, I'll need to do it again when I finalise the layer, which will actually blur the initial smoothing effect)

[​IMG]

"Explosive" rage indeed, Superion >.>

----------------------

Also, we're going to have a serious Phoenix Head overload quite soon -- that's an armour-piece that both Sheinfell and I used in our turtle armours, and those are coming up after Superion's pic >.>

20. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Where is his page? Wow, I thought the lava would have taken all of its glory. :/

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D