Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Alright, Superion, before I get started...do you want an in-game capture of your character doing the poses, or would you like me to start editing from a screenshot capture?

2. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Ha, I would love to do what you guys are doing with photoshop, I'm in photoshop class right now in college. You know of any free photoshop software? My trial ran out :(

3. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    There's a free version of the Photoshop app, I believe, but I don't think you can do too much with that...

A quick search turned this page up:

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/free_alternatives_to_photoshop_with_all_the_bells.php

I wouldn't be able to tell you how to use those programs, I'm afraid, but I can certainly tell you the underlying ideas behind how we're getting some of the effects (e.g. I don't know if those programs have anything like a hide/reveal layer mask, but I could tell you that you can make an image look a certain way by making some pixels transparent).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but feel free to ask if you have any other questions :)

4. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Which would you like me to do? If you want to get me in a pose, I guess that could work. I'll be changing my Eco pack to a Dracula, so it'll be possible to use the white aura, I believe. Also, of you could change the Dracula's animation to a yellowish green instead of red? It gives the humorous notion of having my Dracula pack running on plasma slugs :p

5. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #9305 undead.exe, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    By animation, you mean the red bits, right? I'm not sure I've got the necessary bits to do a video colour edit, but who knows... >.>

Anyway, did you still need someone to help you out with testing something from earlier? I'm a bit more free now :)

I can probably work faster on the photo if you didn't do the pose; perhaps we should save those for a second round of photos, people may have secondary poses they want :p

--------

Oh, also, people home right now, so I can't use Mumble, but if you're in front of a computer, do you want to try using the Star Warfare wiki chat as a real-time communication substitute?

6. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Wow, done already? I'll get on the background as soon as I can, like after school today.
    I completely blanked on the LIT. Thanks for catching it :D

7. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Ideally, try going for one that's at least 1000 pixels wide. I can enlarge it if it's smaller, but it won't be quite as clear. (I can shrink them down if necessary, no problems there).

If it's too hard, no worries, I can look for one too. I went looking a bit earlier today, and none of them were fitting my tastes in terms of making your armour stand out and/or not sting the eyes to look at (bright red and yellow is VERY hard on the eyes for prolonged periods of time o____o).

Thinking about whether I want to tweak it a little more, but it looks fairly similar to the black preview I showed you :)

(The rest of you can wait a little on it, I don't wanna show my work till it's fully complete :D)

8. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Undead: Quick question, I THINK I can manage capturing the aura of superion. If you send me a copy of Superion's photo I could do a version of it just like you are.

Update:
    Im doing the photos of
    Me done
    Parcheesy done
    Enjoo not quite but close

9. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    AHHH I use a different version of phto shop you do but I the tool looks like a painbrush and its name is "Quick select" I think. I use cs6, you?

10. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Oh hi, well What I suggest is creating another acount, Emailing yourself the .psd files you want to keep, put them back on your desktop for another 30 days... Tedious but 90 days is enough to create some fully animated good characters ( and in my case put back into flash.)

11. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #9311 undead.exe, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    ThePowerofLava

MAN, it feels good to get this one done. I might tweak it around a bit though, consider this a near-final draft.

[​IMG]

Largest size availablle down below:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ufce2b.jpg

12. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    hmmmmm Your fonts are significantly better than mine... How did you make them?

Oh yeah, and this is AWESOME!!!

13. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    The letters from "The Power Of" were taken from the actual "Alien Invasion" font in Star Warfare in the same way you and I are making these images: screenshot, and then isolating out the bits we want.

And yeah, some of those letters weren't actually in the subtitle (P, H, W, R, F). I actually made those myself by using bits and pieces of other letters.

"Lava" was made using the main font in the Star Warfare logo. The L is a cut down version of the W, and the V was made by cutting the longest straight part of the W and then turning it sideways.

The rest is colour manipulation...I take too many hours on these things =.="

14. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Gah, I just matched purple parcheesy with this, and so well the fonts are my fatal flaw...

Nice work Undead.exe. :p

15. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Just you wait -- I'm going to have incredible trouble making the font letters if someone asks me to do a Q or an X (the latter of which I need if I want to use my full GC name...crap x_____x)

Alright...I'll get cracking on Superion's one soon, but I'll need sleep soon =.="

16. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    WAIT! About superion mind pmail/emailing me the photo? Im not gonna steal your opportunity I just want to try to get the aura to work...

17. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I haven't got a photo of him charging or using his aura, I wasn't able to meet up with him (was quite busy until the last 24 hours). For now, I'll be doing Superion's one without the in-game aura or laser charge, but I might try adding some visual effects myself (which might not look like the in-game ones).

Try catching him online if you want to take a snapshot of an aura. Or I can quickly come online now and simulate one, if you want -- just let me know what armour and what colour you want.

18. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Umm how about chaos armor, float and hyper clip. Umm black stars.
    PAss 2002

19. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Be there in about two minutes, I didn't ditch you >.>

Wait, is it the blue Aura you want, or did you want another one?

20. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    any aura.