Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    sniff, you didnt comment on my photo.

2. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    sorry

NICE

:D:D:D:D

3. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    YAY!!!!! purple parcheesy I shall make.

4. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    yay!!!!!

lol

5. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    nova 3 forums go on you should. [​IMG]

6. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    haha lol

7. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Hmm, I'll let you handle that particular picture, then. I've got a couple of ideas about what I can do with Lava's one, though I'm still brainstorming artificial ways of simulating Superion's laser charge and aura (capturing them both in game implies that I'd have trouble controlling the background as I'd like).

Interesting photo, you seem to have a thing for green :p
    And yeah, I've known about the "img" tag for a while, I looked up BBCode while trying to figure out how to post a few things on this forum.

I might have to give you a miss for today, Superion, I can't afford to play at all with today's schedule =.="

8. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    CONGRATS UNDEAD! You took your first step into html. the tags on here are similar to the ones on html and I have a question, why is it hard to capture auras? I would think that they were easy unless you were trying to also remove the background, that there would be a NIGHTMARE!!! >.<

I LOVE GREEN!!!!

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    BBCode and html was always something I had a minor grasp of, I just don't know enough to write a webpage using nothing but html...

Correct, I'm trying to capture armour images in such a way that it's easy to remove the background, because I prefer to choose my own background while making minimal usage of concealment. The way you've done yours can conceal the grey parts of the Customize screen quite well, but if you want to make an image with the clarity of the Red Thunder Armour I uploaded a while ago, that's harder.

The auras, laser charges and firing effects are particularly problematic because their shape isn't as clearly defined as the armours, and they feature partial transparency -- I'm not quite at the stage where I can easily subtract just the background from a transparency while leaving the overlaying image intact.

10. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    BINGO TOTALLY TRUE. So for your thunder armor, how excactly did you manage that? I can use the quick select but the eraser tool isn't good at all... What are the settings for yours? I like transparency, it covers up a lot of my minor specks I didn't clean up.

11. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I'm using the computer version, I haven't quite figured out how to use the app version just yet.

I can't see whether this function exists on the app, but I told you that I'm using something called a "Layer mask", right? What I'm doing is hiding pixels, not deleting them. I'm using the quick select/"magic wand" tool to hide a large area at once, particularly if it does well with capturing a particular outline (e.g. most of the arm's outline). If it goes overboard and also hides some pixels that are part of the character (e.g. the shoulder), then I just zoom in and make those pixels visible again.

12. Fro5tCrown

Fro5tCrown Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Hello! Anyone knows how to enlarge the pack , I have only 3 slots, I saw player on YouTube has more slots?

13. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Buy and equip a different backpack: the starting backpack only has three slots. If you're using another one you bought, then that one may also only have three slots (I think that might be the case with the ECO).

For example, if you equip the FREEDOM or the STK, both of them have 6 slots each.

14. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    God, you think I use the iPad version. I use the computer one too. :) Yeah masking but the selection tool is kind of off and such... I'll try some more.

15. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Bah,
    <html>
    <head>
    <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
    </body>
    </html>

There you go, an empty site. :)

16. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Now that even I know :D

Along with a little bit of java >_>

17. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Click around different areas with the magic wand, you'll get different shape samples depending on exactly what it detects. Again, it's just a fast way of removing large chunks -- you'll need to be willing to do some of it manually yourself with a paintbrush or pencil tool. The magic wand won't do ALL the work for you :p

18. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    #9238 JediKnight, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

LIKE A BOSS

lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    edit:God I wish I was Parcheesy. :eek: :eek:

19. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Yeah, that was meant to be basic. Want to see my first person shooter code? Nah that will clog up the forum. :eek:

I know java, c#, some c++, html, css, javascript, coldfusion...

20. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I thought he asked for a Purple Cygni, but not bad :p